Stoke City Rugby Club - Newcastle United 5;30 Live on Setanta 11th April 2009.

Guest Heneage

The new board is brilliant tbh.

By far the most nervous I've been about a match all year. Need something today, really hope Man U stuff Sunderland and Hull don't win against Boro.

Guest Heneage

A pre-match thread spoilt by talk of Ashley etc. A new low.

Would never have happened under Keegan and Shepherd.

Guest firetotheworks

Looking at the fixtures were in a pretty fortunate position really. All the fixtures we have are about as hard as Boros, Portsmouths and Sunderlands. We have the advantage though that our games with Boro and Portsmouth are at home. For most of the season we've had to rely upon other teams being worse than us, and most of the time they have been. But its all in our hands now. All of it. We win our home matches and we stop up imo.

Looking at the fixtures were in a pretty fortunate position really. All the fixtures we have are about as hard as Boros, Portsmouths and Sunderlands. We have the advantage though that our games with Boro and Portsmouth are at home. For most of the season we've had to rely upon other teams being worse than us, and most of the time they have been. But its all in our hands now. All of it. We win our home matches and we stop up imo.

I think that psychologically, it is all against us. We certainly have 3 winnable home games, especially the next 2 which are 6 pointers, but before that having 2 away games could put us 5 or 6 points adrift of 4th bottom. It makes todays game absolutely vital, and Stoke will know that if they win then they are pretty much safe.

Guest toonlass

Was just looking at the fixtures and if West Brom could do the unimaginable and beat Pompey the bottom of the premiership would concetina in on itself even more. Mad, mad crazy sports.

I think things totally change from now until the end regarding result expectations. All of these teams are fighting for their lives and tend to lift themselves and so results rarely go as planned.

There'll be some crazy results from now until its over I'm sure. Todays match is gonna be the death of me! (but then I dreamt that we won 0-3...)

Well, in an alarming display of positivity, I've put a bet on us to win. f***ing come on lads. :clap:

Thanks for jinxing us :razz:

If I really wanted to jinx us, I'd be at the game.  bluelaugh.gif