Stoke City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/04/09 - Post match reaction from page 28

JH

HT team talk and changes will be a seminal moment - if we turn it around, start playing well and creating chances then it gives us hope for the remaining games even if we do get beat.

if we can't do that then i hate to say it but shearer is probably out of his depth (which is not his fault, the club is rotten from top to bottom).

I hope Shearer's half-time talks are more inspiring than his punditry.

His half-time team talk now will be his first real test as a manager. Whatever his tactics have been so far, they haven't worked. We're really shit. Not good enough for promotion to Premier League next season.

Creating nothing in the midfield, working hard but they were just breaking up chances prior to the goal, after that they just fell to pieces. 

Shola is Shola no change there.  Owen left up against 2 defenders twice his size is never going to work, especially if we just continue to play hoofball.

The ref has been shit.

Awful decision from the referee has cost us big style there like. Stoke are even more horrific than I'd expected.

Can't see a way back for us, even considering the bench.

Their equalizer in the last game was identical. They got an unfair flukey free kick in the last min & score.

Lets hope we take them apart 2nd half, Al has got to work some magic now......

Everything wrong is down to Nicky Butt.

Looks to punt the ball every single time despite us having five in midfield and two upfront to allow us more options for the short passes.

He is a terrible, terrible, terrible footballer.

Guest Phil K

Are Newcastle fans there giivng that turd Faye the abuse he so deserves ?

He never got it when at NUFC, yet acts as if he did.

Abuse for him would be good - b*stard.

Actually - people are saying the moves are breaking up

Hell man - they've been like that for months now

About 3-4 months now actually.

And Calderwood is supposed to be defensive coach ?

Explains why he couldn't get a job until that idiot Kinnear give him one here.

We're only a game and a half in, I know, but Shearer has been an absolutely dreadful manager thus far.

When was the last time anyone had any sort of success in the Premiership with wing-backs? The system today is a disgrace, you've got 3 static CM's and two of the least mobile strikers in the league as your 5 forewardmost players, you really think there's any chance you'll so much as create a half chance with that setup? Nobody running the channels, Stoke's CB's have basically snoozed their way through the half.

With the same 11 players you can put out

--------------------- Harper

Beye  ------- Edgar  ------- Bassong ----------- Faylor

------- Nolan -------- Butt ------------ Guthrie

----------------------- Owen

--------- Shola  --------------------- Duff

Now I'm no fan of Duff, but one thing the guy will give you is a willingness to run into the channels and give the team some width. Actually ask a question or two of Stoke and give Owen a bit of space to work with in the middle.

Seriously worrying stuff so far from Shearer, hope he turns it around but we're not exactly blessed with much time.

Guest Heneage

4-4-2 second half Jonas and Carroll on. I'd tell Shola to pack his bags, he's cost us more goals than I care to think.

Shocking referee. The fact Craig Fucking Burley can see its a goal kick and you can't is just another reason why Video reffing or a whole new grade of foreign refs with no subjectivity should be brought in. Shola's marking has been shite, and its the same old story, I truly hate this useless piece of crap to the point where I'd pay to have his legs broken.

Considering "we've trained all week with the 3" (Shola, Owen and Martins) what the hell were we planning on playing until his late injury? Some sort of 3-4-1-2? Either way, we've played shite, don't look like scoring and we need a hero.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ranger, something completely different needs to be given a chance on for Shola

Jonas on for Edgar

Taylor Beye Bass Duff

Guth Butt Nolan

Jonas Ranger Owen