Owen to lead by example!!!! WFT???

If Shola and Owen start another game... :idiot2:

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Carroll is quality.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

Everyone is praising Carrol, but hey how about Jonas, when he got in the team changed completely. Nolan started to play better and even Duff was decent when Jonas came on.

But yes Carrol needs to start next match, and hopefully with Martins upfront. Owen is offering nothing at the moment, should move him just behind these two. SHould go gung-ho style.

Thanks for the point but we need to win our homegames and hopefully take a point at White Hart Lane!

I agree about Jonas.

His movement is first class as he is never static and continuously shows for the ball and demands it, and you know everytime he passes the ball it is going to be a forward pass and along the ground and so hey presto the whole team suddenly starts to look like they have a clue.

I know some think he isn't good enough. Well I think they're nuts personally.

The 2nd half of this game could be to Shearer & Newcastle United Football what the 2nd half at Brum was last year to KK & NUFC.

WELL DONE THE BIG AC!!!!

Was just about to say the same thing. What was learned from this game could be as big as what KK learned from the Birmingham game.

Shola should sit the rest of the season out. I think Taylor also seems to be taking a bit of time to adjust.

After that, a point is a good return, we barely deserved it though and I'm not sure in the whole scheme of things it'll be enough. Need something out of the Spurs game now I feel.

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

Agree. Owen will be able to get any little knock downs & Carroll has strength clearly. He wins those headers through strength, Shola doesnt have it.

What the hell formation did we finish the game with :lol:

I doubt that will be tried again, Jonas having a free role was good news when he came on. Carroll and anyone up front. Nolan defended alright but his short passing...christ. To many occasions we had about 3 players within 5 yards of each other, and we don't have the ability to play out of those situations. I sympathise with Shearer on his selection, had it been the 4-3-3 (or 3-4-3?) we'd trained with all week, it may have been different.

Carroll will start next match, imo. He wouldn't have let Faye get that ball. Gosh I hate Faye, esp his celebrations.

He got chased out of the club by Keegan and so he's sticking the boot in.

Not surprising by his behaviour as disgusting as it is.

The 2nd half of this game could be to Shearer & Newcastle United Football what the 2nd half at Brum was last year to KK & NUFC.

WELL DONE THE BIG AC!!!!

Was just about to say the same thing. What was learned from this game could be as big as what KK learned from the Birmingham game.

Shola should sit the rest of the season out. I think Taylor also seems to be taking a bit of time to adjust.

was a steep learning curve for Al today, but the way in which we finished the match is a good sign for the next fixture

We all knew about this squad before a ball was kicked today.  The real question is what has Shearer learned?  [/bold]

I fear Butt and Shola being automatic choices. 

On the up side if its SBR, he might start put Nile Ranger down on the team sheet thinking he is Shola... On the downside maybe he did vice versa today  :dowie:

Hopefully carroll will get the credit he deserves now.

5 games played this season, 3 goals & one pen won.

Thats a brilliant record.

Have to admit, although I don't think Carroll's anywhere near to being the best striker we have his performances this season when called upon have been fantastic and he's put Owen, Martins, Viduka and Ameobi to shame.

Owen is quality.

Shola is not.

Owen and Shola is not.

Owen and Martins is not.

There.

I know you've got something against Oba but what has Owen done in let's say like last 15 games to convince you he should be starting? He's been pure shit. Top earner of the team and captain...maybe he should be performing just a bit better?