Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Is martins on the bench then ?

Still want to see 4-3-3, not sure about this formation.........

Maybe he'll swap it round during the game.

Guthrie over Nolan for me also, the rest isnt bad. We'll have to see.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Those moaning the 3-5-2 system need to take into account that our only recognised left back is injured, Shearer has highlighted this fact a couple of weeks ago when talking about the boards mistakes.

I firmly believe 4-4-2 would be his prefered formation should he have the personel at his disposal

Those moaning the 3-5-2 system need to take into account that our only recognised left back is injured, Shearer has highlighted this fact a couple of weeks ago when talking about the boards mistakes.

I firmly believe 4-4-2 would be his prefered formation should he have the personel at his disposal

I think we'd be playing a 4-3-3, but other than that I agree with your post.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I firmly believe 4-4-2/4-3-3 would be his prefered formation should he have the personel at his disposal

I think we'd be playing a 4-3-3, but other than that I agree with your post.

I agree

Guest Stephen927

Absolutely critical that Duff and R.Taylor perform well if we're going to use that system again. If they drop too deep, their midfield will have far too much space, if they push up too much their wingers will get in behind and our 3 man defensive unit will be open.

3-5-2 makes a lot of sense and I'm glad Shearer has the balls to change it up rather than Kinnear insisting on 4-4-2 no matter what. Butt won't be as caught out with 2 others in central midfield with him, Enrique's absence won't be missed as much as it would in a back four, and our lack of a real right winger isn't as noticed.

For me, you go 4 at the back anyway.  Playing a centre half or right-back out of position in the left-back position is the lesser of two evils when compared to playing a 3 man defence for me.  Even if all 3 defenders are centre-backs, it's not the same playing as a central defender in a back 4 compared to a back 3, and I think the net effect of a back 3 is to put MORE of our defenders in unfamiliar/uncomfortable positions.