Joey Barton

JJ7

If we appealed the decision it'd probably result in a longer ban. Ridiculous suggestion.

Who cares though if it delayed it by a game?

If we want rid of him then it'd be much harder to find a suitor if he has yet another ban hanging over him, I guess.

Glad shearers humiliated him tbh

Clearly other managers have tried other ways & hes the same guy still. He still goes in for the dangerous tackle, still gets wound up to easily. Im glad hes passionate, but he cant control himself well enough atall. The nicey nicey approach clearly aint doing much for him.

Guest firetotheworks

Spot on decision. The club cant afford to have negative influences at the moment, and suspending Barton is the way to keep him away.

The Souness - Bellamy comparison doesn't stand when you consider Bellamy was not a mark on Barton as a thug, and for us Barton hasnt been a mark on the player Bellamy was.

If we appealed the decision it'd probably result in a longer ban. Ridiculous suggestion.

Who cares though if it delayed it by a game?

Well it wouldn't have.

Shearer is the new Guardiola tbh with his take no **** attitude.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8013929.stm

"Tales of life under Guardiola still surface, however, and it is clear he has not lost his famed authoritarian streak.

Hunter explained: "Training starts at 11am but that doesn't mean players coming on to the pitch at 11 - everyone has to be out there and ready or everyone will be fined.

"There was a famous incident in October where one player came out at a minute past, with his laces undone. He bent down and tied his laces and was probably ready by 11.02. Pep stopped everybody and said 'he's fined and you're all fined'."

He may be strict, and demanding, but Guardiola has also gained respect."

:thup:

Guest palnese

Shearer and Barton exchaging blows would be fun to watch.

Shearer smacked Gillespie some years ago, didn't he?

I'm right behind Shearer in his attempts to tighten up discipline in the club, but he needs to avoid doing it in a Souness/Bellamy type way.

Barton is trouble sure - but he's not a dirty player and the challenge was nothing more than reckless on Sunday - a yellow at most. It would not have been a red if the other way round.

This could be Shearer's first managerial mistake. He should look at the way Steve Bruce stood up for Cattertmole - a real serial thug on the pitch - and not bring further unwanted attention to the club.

Gerrards dirty tackle on Solano a few years ago was far worse than Barton's and he got away Scot-free as normal. Anyone remember Shearer's challenge on Lennon ?

Just one more thing that has gone wrong in this most horrible of seasons.

Guest Mcdonald36

Having seen the incident again, I think it's a lot worse than I initially thought. Off the floor and very dangerous.

Had he not been injured, I think he would've been sold in January with Nolan as the replacement.

If it wasn't the Liverpool game - thankfully a foregone conclusion - he would have probably done something similar in the Fulham or Boro games, with disastrous consequences.

He's not right in the head - it has to be about him at all times. I feel much more relaxed with the egomaniac a safe distance away from the pitch.

Had he not been injured, I think he would've been sold in January with Nolan as the replacement.

sadly that is correct.

blackburn are after him apparently, probably paper shite

i said it earlier in the thread, i dont think it was a straight red, it was a red because it was barton, there have been far worse gone on in the past few weeks for less punishment.

i reckon shearers public comments on him (whilst they wernt too revealing/harsh) are a result of the bust up after the game.

sadly that is correct.

blackburn are after him apparently, probably paper s****

i say sadly because, although barton is a loonie, nolan couldnt kiss his arse.

I suspect Barton would get the kickin he deserves if he actually came to blows with Shearer. I wouldn't fancy his chances with Dowie either if he stepped in.

You can just tell Barton is soft as shit, in the mould of Roy Keane.

I don't think he is, I think he is a nutcase who isn't the sort to have a pushing match like you often see on a Friday/Saturday night out.