Joey Barton

JJ7

Could have really been a cult hero up here if he'd mended his ways. What a disappointment tbh as he is a quality footballer. t***

I know.  I'm so frustrated.  I've so wanted him to succeed.  He has an obvious passion for football, and if he could just sort the rest out.  If he can't sort himself out, then it's actually a dent to my faith in humanity.  I saw him hopefully as an example of how anyone from a dodgy background can reform, and I really thought he would.

Based on what's in The Sun, it's the right move by the club. If for some reason it was not from what's in the sun, but for just the tackle, it'd be madness by the club. Because in my opinion he didn't lie when he said he was "the best player at the club".

Entitled to your opinion of course, but he's never come close to justifying that tag in our colours IYAM.

That's true, but the glimmers we've seen of him when he's actually played, clearly shows the man has talent. At least more so than Butt and co in midfield.

the tackle alone was enough to suspend him, imo! (based on his history since he came here)

i rather like barton, i think hes a character.  Its a shame hes got such an ugly face, makes him an easy target imo.

only reason to get rid is that refs are now all bias against him, which will mean more red cards in vital games; hes now a liability.

If we're basing it on glimmers then Martins has far more talent, for example.

Not really, as Martins has many appearances to judge from. Barton has like, nowt, but in those few he's looked canny good. We wouldn't know for sure of course, until he'd have more apps, which he won't get now. But based on what we've seen from him so far, it's good.

I think you're getting carried away. He's hardly shown anything for us than simply being better than the competition. Which isn't exactly difficult.

Anyway, agree to disagree again. ;)

Naturally ;)

Before the game Shearer apparently told Barton to make sure he kept his head and not get sent off. He did the exact opposite. If Shearer has suspended Barton for that alone it's fair enough in my opinion. Barton knew how important he was for the last 3 games and he has made our survival battle even harder than it had to be.

:thup: more less the same post as mine :pow:

Guest neesy111

Before the game Shearer apparently told Barton to make sure he kept his head and not get sent off. He did the exact opposite. If Shearer has suspended Barton for that alone it's fair enough in my opinion. Barton knew how important he was for the last 3 games and he has made our survival battle even harder than it had to be.

:thup: more less the same post as mine :pow:

when will barton take responsibility for his actions, as he's never done it yet

theres no point in barton being near the club and even in newcastle, as if i saw him i would throw a few verbal's at him

Guest Mcdonald36

I don't even believe the date in the Sun. It's a rag for morons. I think he's been suspended for the sending off alone, which is overly harsh, imo.

We should have suspended the rest of them for being shite.

I don't even believe the date in the Sun. It's a rag for morons. I think he's been suspended for the sending off alone, which is overly harsh, imo.

We should have suspended the rest of them for being shite.

It is in most papers now including The Chronicle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/05/newcastle-united-suspend-midfielder-joey-barton-72703-23545249/

Newcastle United suspend midfielder Joey Barton

May 5 2009 by Lee Ryder

JOEY Barton's career at Newcastle United is as good as over after Alan Shearer banned the controversial midfielder from the club following his disgraceful behaviour at Anfield.

The Chronicle revealed last night that United’s patience had finally snapped with Barton following the storm that erupted in the pitiful 3-0 loss at Liverpool.

Barton has now been suspended until further notice and told to stay away from the black and white's Benton HQ while the rest of his team-mates fight to keep the Magpies in the Premier League.

The last thing Shearer needs in his camp at the moment is negativity and the player who is banned for three games can only be deemed as a disruptive character during this crucial time for the Mags.

But even when this sad season is over Barton will be slapped on to the transfer list and told he is no longer wanted at Newcastle and even though the Toon are unlikely to get back the £5.8m they paid Manchester City for him in May 2007, they will be desperate to get the £64,000 a week player off the wage bill.

The Scouse bad boy was sent off for a horrendous tackle on Xabi Alonso but followed up the costly dismissal with crazed rant at Shearer after Big Al had confessed in the dressing room he'd let him down and the fans, Barton’s arrogant riposte was that the Magpies had no choice but to play him against the Kop side because he was "the best player at the club."

This led to a verbal exchange between he and Shearer and after Barton told the Toon boss he was a "**** manager", he automatically triggered his Toon exit.

Barton trudged out of Anfield after his red card shame and turned down the chance to apologise in the Chronicle to the 3,000 travelling fans he’d let down on Merseyside but for many it would have been a case of the boy who cried wolf after a serious of misdemeanours before and during his time on Tyneside.

Guest Mcdonald36

what's he allegedly said to shearer like?

According to Custis' 'Newcastle insider': "You're a s*** manager with s*** tactics"

Maybe he was talking to Dowie... :dowie:

Guest Stephen927

Terminating Barton's contract is pretty much the only option we have left, assuming we have grounds to sack him without a pay-off. Next season if we do find ourselves in the Championship then Barton's wages could be a huge problem in trying to find a buying club. Who will pay the wages he's on now, even if we gave him away for free. We're pretty much his last chance on the wages that he's on, and he still has 3 more seasons at this club IIRC. He could just as easily turn around and say he wants to stay whether he's playing or not in the Championship, and make any potential move very difficult indeed.

From what i have seen so far, lets get rid of shearer and keep Barton.  Whats he achieved?  nothing.

Something a bit mental like that would be par for the course for nufc

Guest Mcdonald36

They've obviously been wanting to get rid of him for a while and this is the perfect opportunity,

Terminating Barton's contract is pretty much the only option we have left, assuming we have grounds to sack him without a pay-off. Next season if we do find ourselves in the Championship then Barton's wages could be a huge problem in trying to find a buying club. Who will pay the wages he's on now, even if we gave him away for free. We're pretty much his last chance on the wages that he's on, and he still has 3 more seasons at this club IIRC. He could just as easily turn around and say he wants to stay whether he's playing or not in the Championship, and make any potential move very difficult indeed.

that ship has well and truly sailed, unless a harsh red card is grounds for the sack these days