Joey Barton

JJ7

Silly really. It was a stupid sending off but it sounds like he's being made a scapegoat for the mess we're in.

Not if he caused bother in the dressing room. Many a player down the years have taken royal bollocking from managers like Ferguson, Clough, etc... The very hint of any of them talking back, let alone calling names and attempting to brawl would have seen them out on their arse at the snap of a finger.

Right I never wanted us to sign him and he has proven again he is well lets say rash at times, but if he is serious about staying if we go down then its sad but we will need players like him if we want to come straight back up. Its was a no need back tackle that on its own would merrit no further punishment by the club, it did not cost us that game but him being banned will cost us and I guess thats why Al is so pissed.

Sends out a clear message that Shearer is the main man, and will take no s*** - if the Sun story is true then it was the only decision to make IMO.

Shearer by nature is a larger than life character. This is the only trait I see in him that gives me hope that he could be a bloody good manager in time. The single most important man at any club is the manager, and he has that "I'm the main man, don't fuck with me" thing about him.

Graeme Souness also had that.

He really didn't though. No-one was scared of him, and he had fights with numerous players throughout his career, none of whom were as mental as wor Joey.

Sends out a clear message that Shearer is the main man, and will take no s*** - if the Sun story is true then it was the only decision to make IMO.

Shearer by nature is a larger than life character. This is the only trait I see in him that gives me hope that he could be a bloody good manager in time. The single most important man at any club is the manager, and he has that "I'm the main man, don't f*** with me" thing about him.

Yes that is true. Obviously I'm not saying it's a guarantee to make him a good manager. All I'm saying is that it's a trait of a successful manager, and Shearer already possesses it. We'll have to see what else he's made up of of course.

Guest Mcdonald36

Silly really. It was a stupid sending off but it sounds like he's being made a scapegoat for the mess we're in.

He could (and should) have played a massive part in us avoiding relegation. His idiocy has destroyed that. Shearer has every right to be fuming - particularly if the story in the Sun is right - and the club have every right to back up their manager.

I wouldn't disagree with that, IF the story is true, but it's a pretty big if considering where the story is from.

Discipline him by all means but trying to make an even bigger issue out of it just smacks of deflecting from the shambles we've become He's a convinient scapegoat, imo.

He could (and should) have played a massive part in us avoiding relegation. His idiocy has destroyed that. Shearer has every right to be fuming - particularly if the story in the Sun is right - and the club have every right to back up their manager.

I wouldn't disagree with that, IF the story is true, but it's a pretty big if considering where the story is from.

Discipline him by all means but trying to make an even bigger issue out of it just smacks of deflecting from the shambles we've become He's a convinient scapegoat, imo.

i think the action by the club points to the story having some truth.

Shearer by nature is a larger than life character. This is the only trait I see in him that gives me hope that he could be a bloody good manager in time. The single most important man at any club is the manager, and he has that "I'm the main man, don't fuck with me" thing about him.

I've said this before, but the Bellamy situation should have taught Shearer a thing or two about how to handle such situations. Or how not to handle them...

At the end of the day Barton could have been an important player for us in these last three games but through no fault but his own he now can't be involved. That's different to Souness not recognising getting rid of Bellamy (for purely personal reasons) would have massive implications on the team.

i think the action by the club points to the story having some truth.

Pretty much confirms it for me. If it was total bollocks there would be nothing but perhaps a denial, and as someone pointed out earlier players get fined all the time without it being this high-profile.

We've put that statement out for a reason.

He's a marked man. The list of trouble he has been in is as long as your arm. No point being a good player if you get your self sent off. As for verbally attacking the manager, where the hell does he expect that to get him? A one way ticket out of the club. He's been with us two seasons and what's he done for us? He's been in prison and injured mostly.

Guest neesy111

barton is a clown of a person, you can't say that to shearer or any boss, alan should of fucking knocked him out as the dirty scouse scum bag deserves it

there's a complete difference between bellamy and barton situations

bellamy had shown what a valuable player to the team he is

barton we've never seen him play a decent run of games yet and never will

time to sack the bastard and keep his registration so another club if they want him will need to pay up

Based on what's in The Sun, it's the right move by the club. If for some reason it was not from what's in the sun, but for just the tackle, it'd be madness by the club. Because in my opinion he didn't lie when he said he was "the best player at the club".

Based on what's in The Sun, it's the right move by the club. If for some reason it was not from what's in the sun, but for just the tackle, it'd be madness by the club. Because in my opinion he didn't lie when he said he was "the best player at the club".

Entitled to your opinion of course, but he's never come close to justifying that tag in our colours IYAM.

Entitled to your opinion of course, but he's never come close to justifying that tag in our colours IYAM.

That's true, but the glimmers we've seen of him when he's actually played, clearly shows the man has talent. At least more so than Butt and co in midfield.

Before the game Shearer apparently told Barton to make sure he kept his head and not get sent off. He did the exact opposite. If Shearer has suspended Barton for that alone it's fair enough in my opinion. Barton knew how important he was for the last 3 games and he has made our survival battle even harder than it had to be.

I think particularly in our position, him, and Smith, are of large value.  If we could somehow detain him and just get him to the games, I'd love it.  When he's actually on the pitch, you can tell the football really means a lot to him.

If we're basing it on glimmers then Martins has far more talent, for example.

Not really, as Martins has many appearances to judge from. Barton has like, nowt, but in those few he's looked canny good. We wouldn't know for sure of course, until he'd have more apps, which he won't get now. But based on what we've seen from him so far, it's good.

I think particularly in our position, him, and Smith, are of large value.  If we could somehow detain him and just get him to the games, I'd love it.  When he's actually on the pitch, you can tell the football really means a lot to him.

Keep him in a padded cell until match days then unleash him on the opposition?

Not really, as Martins has many appearances. Barton has like, nowt.

Mainly because he was in jail. :lol:

Even if he is the best player at the club, what use is he if he's never on the pitch?

Not really, as Martins has many appearances. Barton has like, nowt.

Mainly because he was in jail. :lol:

Even if he is the best player at the club, what use is he if he's never on the pitch?

Edited my post a bit  :thup:

But I agree with you, it's no use when he's never on the pitch. Which is the sad thing, since had he been remotely sane he'd be (based on what we've seen of him) a great asset to the club on the pitch.

Not really, as Martins has many appearances to judge from. Barton has like, nowt, but in those few he's looked canny good. We wouldn't know for sure of course, until he'd have more apps, which he won't get now. But based on what we've seen from him so far, it's good.

I think you're getting carried away. He's hardly shown anything for us than simply being better than the competition. Which isn't exactly difficult.

Anyway, agree to disagree again. ;)

I think Shearers decision is alright! Everybody knew how important barton could be in our survival....including himself, i guess!

The club have backed him through all his mistakes...and in return he p*sses all over the fans, club and shearer who even before the match told him to behave (i think i read somewhere)

If we/shearer didn´t drew the line here....then every behavior of the players would be acceptable!

f*ck off you unthankful c*nt  :angry: