Decisions, decisions

Guest firetotheworks

Luis Saha.

Man United and Everton thinking Beardsley wasn't good enough.

Greame Taylor bringing on someone (help needed with who it was) instead of Shearer in a WC cup qualifier IIRC.

Alan Smith (the Arsenal one).

Cant believe no one said the most obvious one.. selling .Andy ''Goal'' Cole.One of the few times I cried abt football  :-[

cole or ferdinand....i believe the correct choice was made

True but was devasted at the time

Selling Aaron Hughes.

Really?

A player I didnt appreciate till he was gone.Not outstanding but looked like f***ing Jesus Christ beside O Brien,Bramble and Babs

and a man who's eyes sunk so far back into his head that when he enters the room his eyes come in 5 minutes later.

Guest firetotheworks

Selling Aaron Hughes.

Really?

Not the best of players, but a good utility player. The football equivalent of Mario in Mario Kart, average at everything. Plus, he loved playing for us.

Selling Aaron Hughes.

Really?

Not the best of players, but a good utility player. The football equivalent of Mario in Mario Kart, average at everything. Plus, he loved playing for us.

Sometimes I just love how nerdy this forum is  :lol:

Souness instead of anyone else.

The single costliest decision in terms of this club.  There are many decisions after this point that made things worse, but Souness is where the downfall began.  It hasn't been said in a few years, but FUCK SOUNESS.  What a useless fucker he was.

Guest ObaStar

The single costliest decision in terms of this club.  There are many decisions after this point that made things worse, but Souness is where the downfall began.  It hasn't been said in a few years, but f*** SOUNESS.  What a useless fucker he was.

50 mill on emre, owen, luque, boumsong. k cya europe

The single costliest decision in terms of this club.  There are many decisions after this point that made things worse, but Souness is where the downfall began.  It hasn't been said in a few years, but f*** SOUNESS.  What a useless fucker he was.

50 mill on emre, owen, luque, boumsong. k cya europe

wonder what that figures amounts to if you include wages, given they've all returned very very little on the pitch

could be the costliest money ever spent, with the probable exception of o'blarneys ridiculous spree at leeds

Guest Howaythetoon

Worst:

Allowing a 15 year-old Alan Shearer to join Southampton.

Appointing Graeme Souness

Best:

Appointing Kevin Keegan first time around

Bringing back Peter Beardsley

Worst:

Graeme Souness + money.

Summer of Bowyer (in hindsight)

Tino Asprilla.

Keegans rant.

SBR's summer of Viana, Bramble.

Mike Ashley wanting to buy a football club.

Dennis Wise.

Best:

Keegan -everytime he has been here.

SBR and his some of buys Bellamy, Robert in particular

Selling Woodgate

[hopefully can say soon]  Alan Shearer being brought in, saving us from relegation.

Worst

letting Dalglish dismantle Keegan's team and giving him money to spend on absolute dross.

Best

SJH going for broke and getting KK Shearer.

He did buy us some canny players though that were the spine of the team for a good few years.

Worst

letting Dalglish dismantle Keegan's team and giving him money to spend on absolute dross.

Best

He did buy us some canny players though that were the spine of the team for a good few years.

true.  I'm still mentally scarred with the names of Franck Dumas Stephane Guivarc'h.  Not to mention the bizarre decisions to sign the ageing Stuart Pearce, John Barnes and Ian Rush.

Worst

Best

true.  I'm still mentally scarred with the names of Franck Dumas Stephane Guivarc'h.  Not to mention the bizarre decisions to sign the ageing Stuart Pearce, John Barnes and Ian Rush.

and disco des, my personal favourite

Worst

Best

Pearce was a good signing for us I thought, as was Barnes simply because he was our top scorer that season. His legs were well gone by then but he still had a fantastic touch and his passing/vision was still very good. Let's not talk about Rush though.

Worst:

Selling Andy Cole

Not signing Shearer or Carrick as nippers.

Blackburn turning down Zidane as he was to slow

Signing any of the following:

Bassedas

Gavilan

Andersson

Asprilla (possibly the only Toon fan that thinks he had a negative effect on our title challenging side!)

Cordone

Bramble

Glass

Cort

Boumsong

Pinas

Rush

Barnes

Charvet

Dalglish (and his father while I'm at it!)

Dumas

Bridges

Georgiadis

Gudjonsson

Hamilton

Karelse

Guivarc'h

Maric

Perez

Pistone

Hottiger

Tomasson