Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Newcastle - 19/04/08 - post match reaction from page 25

Dave

Why the FUCK does Duff keep taking the corners?  So far I don't think he's got a single corner past the first Spurs player.

Because the other option for corner takers seems to be Ryan Taylor who has managed to make Duff look like an excellent option for taking set pieces recently.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Not too bad, only one down. Clean slate for the 2nd half we have come back against Spurs before.

Why the FUCK does Duff keep taking the corners?  So far I don't think he's got a single corner past the first Spurs player.

Because the other option for corner takers seems to be Ryan Taylor who has managed to make Duff look like an excellent option for taking set pieces recently.

His free kicks have been decent to be fair.

Our only CM on the pitch is Nicky fucking Butt, how depressing is that?

Mike Ashley having a laugh in the stands.

Selling Given and brining in Nolan and Raylor, f*** off.

:lol: Every time they cut to him, he seems to be on top of the world.

Just waiting for the right time to take off the shirt and tie and break out the Spurs shirt ;):)

How on earth has Ryan Taylor made it to the Premiership? I have seen better players in the conference league than him. Shearer needs to stop listening to Chris Hughton and pick his own players, and for god sake the need to communicate out on the field....

Guest kingdawson

Bit nervous as it's only 1-0. How we're only 1 up, i'll never know.

Not 100% confident about our centre backs.

at least i have seen butt, nolan, wow, midfield shola tbh, absolutely shocking. The only positive i can take is that that was terrible and we should be at least 2-0 down, but we are not, we are still in it.

what really pisses me off is raylor. bought for one reason, to cross a ball, and bar 1 they have all been terrible. I mean that corner at the end, could go in 1-1 and he cant even get it to the thigh of the first man let alone the knee. Wish lualua hadnt been sent on loan. He would have been given a chance like carroll, and replaced raylor or duff

A fucking miracle we didn't get punished more from the stupid mistakes! How hard is it to put in a decent cross from a set-piece...it's like 95% of all set-pieces(corners especially) we hit the first defender and they're supposed to be training them on a daily basis O0

Can't see it changing any way in the 2nd half either...we just don't have a solution for the central midfield. Maybe totally skipping it would be the best choice but long balls ain't no solution either. If anything Butt must be taken out but somehow I can't see it happening :kasper:

the only positive is defending set pieces we've been good

In midfield though they just find space easily.

Duff sits on the corner flag & r taylor drops back constantly.........so they just pass it infront of us..no pressure on them.

Whenever there is pressure, just lump it over to the other wing and they're free. Our central midfield cant get across quickly enough

Is it just me, or is Nicky Butt playing the worst game of his professional career today?

It's a tough call between him and Nolan. But then Nolan is just a shit footballer so he might be having a good game by his standards.