Recent Results v Pompey, Boro and Fulham.

Crumpy Gunt

Lifted from another website so haven't checked if the figures are accurate. But if they are......

07/08 - 4 points

06/07 - 4 points

05/06 - 5 points

04/05 - 2 points

That's 3 wins in 4 seasons and 12 matches.

Doesn't bode well on top of 6 wins in 33 games.

Correct, it doesn't bode well.

But then again, I'm sure if anyone had mentioned our recent good record vs Tottenham to you last week, you would've passed it off as a pointless stat.

Interesting huh.

Guest Darth Toon

Ouch.

The goal difference probably doesn't make clever reading either - we've been spanked by both Pompey and Fulham in that time....

In recent years we haven't played these 3 teams in a sequence that is so important either........

If the crowd get behind the lads from the start, hopefully they'll turn out to be that elusive "12th man"

With so much at stake in these 3 "must win" games, previous years' form counts for sod all really

Guest toonlass

In recent years we haven't played these 3 teams in a sequence that is so important either........

If the crowd get behind the lads from the start, hopefully they'll turn out to be that elusive "12th man"

With so much at stake in these 3 "must win" games, previous years' form counts for sod all really

How likely is that to happen?

Guest Phil K

All we can do is get behind the team - REALLY get behind them

And not get on their back

Yeah, I know - they need to do their bit, and so far they haven't made much of an effort have they ?

Sulking is easier than getting stuck in.....

Guest Ebolarama

Correct, it doesn't bode well.

But then again, I'm sure if anyone had mentioned our recent good record vs Tottenham to you last week, you would've passed it off as a pointless stat.

Interesting huh.

No, I'd have immediately thought we wouldn't get anything at Spurs - and we didn't. We're worse this year than any other, so to see those worrying stats in the OP just fills me with more dread.

Yeah, I know - they need to do their bit, and so far they haven't made much of an effort have they ?

I agree with what you're saying but it won't happen. People are so irritated at SJP now due to the Ashley/Keegan/Wise/Kinnear debacle that even one missed chance or one wayward pass gets the whole crowd into negative mode.

Guest Ebolarama

I agree with what you're saying but it won't happen. People are so irritated at SJP now due to the Ashley/Keegan/Wise/Kinnear debacle that even one missed chance or one wayward pass gets the whole crowd into negative mode.

Not only irritated, but weary. Just tired of it all and getting increasingly apathetic. That's far more dangerous. I know if we're relegated, I'll probably take time away from football. I've just drifted out of love with it all.

Past history is a useful indicator but no more. Not much point mentioning our current goal difference. It could look very different after we play Liverpool away. We may as well look at it one game at a time. The most important game in out recent history is on Monday. If we beat Portsmouth it puts a different spin on our other 'must win' games.

Guest firetotheworks

Boros best player is going to be up against Beye. This, more than anything gives me hope of doing well in that match. Odds on Alvez will choose this match to actually hit the target though.

Guest Phil K

Remember a certain David Kelly rescuing us with a goal against Pompey in similar cliff-edge season ending pre-Prem ?

Fulham have a poor away record, 2 won all season? Can't see us losing any of them.

Problem is, they have got their away act together in their last couple of away games.

And you can't get away from the lack of fire - gutless, even - from our lot....

As for the others....Boro will be up for it - and Pompey know just how volatile the fans could get against their own team, as well as supportive

Meh we beat Pompey 3-0, and Boro are just shite. Fulham have a poor away record, 2 won all season? Can't see us losing any of them.

I've said that so many times this season...

Fair enough but on the evidence of the last countless number of games, I cannot see us winning them either.  We have no creativity what so ever in midfield - with Owen, Oba, Viduka up front I still do not fancy us to score at the moment with Nolan, Butt, Smith Et all in the team at all.

The crowd can be the 11th man you mean? Butt will start, remember?

Watching Pompey yesterday it was uncomfortably obvious that they might not have much goal threat but they pass the ball around much better than us. I think this is also the case with 'boro and Fulham. I just can't see us getting the wins unless we switch to 4-3-3, or get rid of Butt or Nolan. Or both.

Guest toonlass

The club certainly seem to be trying to get the fans right behind the team with their plans for the match on monday. Hopefully it will work.