37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

To be fair NE5, I think Ashley has proven he's a better owner/chairman than Shepherd ever was.

Surely you can at least agree on that?

the 2nd division looms

Still. Our finances will be in good shape, and we won't be buying any trophy players and selling one of our best players to Wigan and getting a Wigan utility player in return.

Well done MIke lad, you've got the supporters truly on your side for doing such a good job.

I was taking the piss out of you mate. :lol:

Ashleyy's been a disaster, don't see how anyone can possibly argue otherwise at this point.

To be fair NE5, I think Ashley has proven he's a better owner/chairman than Shepherd ever was.

the 2nd division looms

Still. Our finances will be in good shape, and we won't be buying any trophy players and selling one of our best players to Wigan and getting a Wigan utility player in return.

Well done MIke lad, you've got the supporters truly on your side for doing such a good job.

Ashleyy's been a disaster, don't see how anyone can possibly argue otherwise at this point.

;D

unfortunately there are still people around who don't appreciate the Halls and Shepherd. I wonder how many more shite owners we will have before they do.

the 2nd division looms

;D

unfortunately there are still people around who don't appreciate the Halls and Shepherd. I wonder how many more s**** owners we will have before they do.

name names.

put up or shut up.

the 2nd division looms

;D

unfortunately there are still people around who don't appreciate the Halls and Shepherd. I wonder how many more s**** owners we will have before they do.

name names.

put up or shut up.

you.

For one.

Now shut up, and start agreeing with me, because you know that I am right.

NE5 would sooner see the club go bust and cease to exist than admit he's talking a load of bollocks. :lol:

madras better not take that lying down, it's not the way I was brought up to deal with things.

NE5 would sooner see the club go bust and cease to exist than admit he's talking a load of bollocks. :lol:

madras better not take that lying down, it's not the way I was brought up to deal with things.

silly comment Pilko. I saw the club nearly go bust in 1991, until the Halls and Shepherd saved it as well as heading for the 3rd division. My 100 quid towards buying shares to try and save it was returned because the flotation couldn't even raise 1.25m for the club.

Slightly ironic isn't it that as soon as the Halls and Shepherd are out of the door, we are heading back there again.

silly comment Pilko. I saw the club nearly go bust in 1991, until the Halls and Shepherd saved it as well as heading for the 3rd division. My 100 quid towards buying shares to try and save it was returned because the flotation couldn't even raise 1.25m for the club.

Slightly ironic isn't it that as soon as the Halls and Shepherd are out of the door, we are heading back there again.

Fucking hell, I really could weep.  I really could.

:sadnod:

Guest toonlass

Oh come on NE5, we were heading down there before Hall and Shepherd sold up. Come on, take the blinkers off.

Oh come on NE5, we were heading down there before Hall and Shepherd sold up. Come on, take the blinkers off.

no we weren't.

It's a silly comment by Pilko though isn't it, saying I would prefer the club to go bust. Did you see that, or is it just that you like disagreeing with me  ;D

Guest toonlass

no we weren't.

It's a silly comment by Pilko though isn't it, saying I would prefer the club to go bust. Did you see that, or is it just that you like disagreeing with me  ;D

You are joking though aren't you? The appointment of Roeder was the real start of us heading down again.

And I don't think you would want the club to go bust tbh.

no we weren't.

You are joking though aren't you? The appointment of Roeder was the real start of us heading down again.

we finished 7th under Roeder. This season, under Ashley, we would all settle for 17th. But we made profit on transfers, so thats alright then.

Guest toonlass

no we weren't.

we finished 7th under Roeder. This season, under Ashley, we would all settle for 17th. But we made profit on transfers, so thats alright then.

And Roeder's second season?

He would. He's that stubborn.

By the way, get your status to online, you wuss. :lol:

100 quid in 1991, and paying in advance for 3 years season ticket last summer tells you you're wrong.

no we weren't.

higher than this.

Guest toonlass

no we weren't.

higher than this.

Selective memory to be honest NE5. We struggled that season too and relegation was mooted then too. Then in comes Allardyce just before Ashley took over and we could have easily gone down had a change not been made.

no we weren't.

higher than this.

Selective memory to be honest NE5. We struggled that season too and relegation was mooted then too. Then in comes Allardyce just before Ashley took over and we could have easily gone down had a change not been made.

but we didn't go down. And this season, the highest we will be is 17th and I wouldn't put your money on that.

Guest toonlass

no we weren't.

higher than this.

but we didn't go down. And this season, the highest we will be is 17th and I wouldn't put your money on that.

And I'm not disagreeing with that, but we were shite that season, we faced relegation and were lucky to pick up some points to save ourselves. I am putting money on nowt this season, but you cannot say that things were hitting the shite before Ashley came in.

no we weren't.

higher than this.

And I'm not disagreeing with that, but we were shite that season, we faced relegation and were lucky to pick up some points to save ourselves. I am putting money on nowt this season, but you cannot say that things were hitting the shite before Ashley came in.

not  backing your manager and making a profit in transfer windows ensures you won't turn the corner either.

Guest toonlass

no we weren't.

higher than this.

not  backing your manager and making a profit in transfer windows ensures you won't turn the corner either.

And I have never said it will. The sooner Ashley is out of here the better, something I have always thought. But I am not blinded to the fact that Hall sold up when he did because he knew the goose that laid the golden eggs was knackered, and must have been laughing all the way to the bank when Ashley failed to complete due diligence. Shepherd and Hall may have brought entertaining football to Newcastle, and European football back, and I thank them for that. But they also mortgaged our club to the hilt and scarpered when the credit dried up and the results did not come in.

no we weren't.

higher than this.

And I have never said it will. The sooner Ashley is out of here the better, something I have always thought. But I am not blinded to the fact that Hall sold up when he did because he knew the goose that laid the golden eggs was knackered, and must have been laughing all the way to the bank when Ashley failed to complete due diligence. Shepherd and Hall may have brought entertaining football to Newcastle, and European football back, and I thank them for that. But they also mortgaged our club to the hilt and scarpered when the credit dried up and the results did not come in.

Agree with some and disagree with some.

Hall sold out because he wanted to, not because he knew it was "knackered", he sold out because he got the offer he had wanted for a number of years. And Shepherd didn't want to sell his shares, he didn't "scarper when the credit dried up".

I don't think mortgaging the expansion to the stadium is a bad thing at all, loads of clubs do it, we needed to do it, and all the financial people say it was a good project and well financed, particularly when it was full every home game, which it now won't be.

The problem with money in football is down to the players salaries. It is the same for every club. Its nothing to do with Newcastle, we have to choose to compete or not to compete, and you are now seeing what happens to a club that chooses not to compete.  We are going down. If we stay up by the skin of our teeth, it will be next season without a complete change in thinking.

If Ashley chooses not to do due diligence, it only shows how naive he was and only re-affirms the point that "anyone" was NOT better than the Halls and Shepherd. How many more owners are we going to have before people realise they were in fact good directors ?

I'm personally of the opinion that Shepherd wasn't going to take us back to challenging the Top 4 anytime soon.

He seemed to have lost the plot regarding the most important aspect of his job, namely appointing the right manager. I was happy to see him go and felt that a new man was what we needed.

But no way we'd be where we are now had Shepherd still been running the show, Ashley to date has been immeasureably worse than Shepherd ever was.

Anyone who can't see that, I'm not really sure what to say to you tbh.

the 2nd division looms

;D

name names.

put up or shut up.

you.

For one.

please point me in the direction (link me big boy) where i don't appreciate the good things they did. i've sid it often enough but as usual you try to make out that i think something i don't.

what are you right about ? ashley's made a hash of things ? i doubt anyone will argue with that.

how about the state the club was in when he took over ? a shambles on and off the pitch. an unsustainable financial position that even you seem to agree with (allardyce brought in to run the club on the cheap),though now freds gone we should just borrow,and if it fails borrow more (repeat ad infinitum)

more euro qualifications than blaf blah....only half the truth though isn't it,many would look at freds last decade giving 6 below half way finishes.

in short...

no one denies fred done well for a while.

he left us in the clarts

we've been going backwards (including roeders 7th) since robson left.

the 2nd division looms

;D

name names.

put up or shut up.

you.

For one.

please point me in the direction (link me big boy) where i don't appreciate the good things they did. i've sid it often enough but as usual you try to make out that i think something i don't.

what are you right about ? ashley's made a hash of things ? i doubt anyone will argue with that.

how about the state the club was in when he took over ? a shambles on and off the pitch. an unsustainable financial position that even you seem to agree with (allardyce brought in to run the club on the cheap),though now freds gone we should just borrow,and if it fails borrow more (repeat ad infinitum)

more euro qualifications than blaf blah....only half the truth though isn't it,many would look at freds last decade giving 6 below half way finishes.

in short...

no one denies fred done well for a while.

he left us in the clarts

we've been going backwards (including roeders 7th) since robson left.

oh dear.

You losing your rag then ?

You don't appreciate them, because you wanted them gone, and they have gone, but you failed to understand that nobody makes good decisions all the time so failed to comprehend they remained good directors and better directors than all the possible replacement.

Like I've said before, does Shearer missing a couple of penalties make Ameobi a better replacement ?