37% of our fans not renewing (old board vs new board rubbish alert)

Guest thenorthumbrian

Parody.

explain ?

For the record, I'm just pointing out that this "build a great team with all these great youngsters we have" is nothing, you might as welll believe there are fairies at the bottom of your garden.

As dcmk also said, what makes you think they are better than everybody else's promising youngsters

Thanks for clarifying. I merely thought you were disputing those youngsters being any good, and asked on what basis you were of that opinion.

I did explain that like, you just chose to ignore me and go off on one as normal about the old board and shit I've never said. Hey-ho.

FWIW, both our U18 and reserve teams have had excellent seasons. Considering our reserves have featured a number of youngsters on a regular basis I'd suggest our current crop of youngsters are indeed better than many other clubs'.

Thanks for clarifying. I merely thought you were disputing those youngsters being any good, and asked on what basis you were of that opinion.

I did explain that like, you just chose to ignore me and go off on one as normal about the old board and shit I've never said. Hey-ho.

FWIW, both our U18 and reserve teams have had excellent seasons. Considering our reserves have featured a number of youngsters on a regular basis I'd suggest our current crop of youngsters are indeed better than many other clubs'.

we won the FA Youth Cup in 1985. They must have been good. Guess how many made the grade in the top division.

As I said, you may as well believe in fairies. It isn't going to happen. The only way its done is through big spending, including on these trophy players.

As usual, I expect these facts to be ignored and wait for you to insist I answer someone instead of the people who clearly spout bollocks.

I will remind you - and others - that for the vast majority of the teunure of the Halls and Shepherd, we also had a better first team than the vast majority of other clubs too.

Guest Heneage

Parody.

explain ?

For the record, I'm just pointing out that this "build a great team with all these great youngsters we have" is nothing, you might as welll believe there are fairies at the bottom of your garden.

As dcmk also said, what makes you think they are better than everybody else's promising youngsters

Before Ashley arrived how often did we invest in our youth academy? Did you see a tenth of many young players being unveiled on the website or being chased by us on Sky? I certainly didn't.

Now I'm not for one moment saying that we have talent that can reach the levels of Woodgate, Bellamy, Dyer et al, but how do we know they can't? They've all shown glimpses of quality, that could lead to them being really good players for this football club, or at worst be sold on recouping the money we paid for them. Its the way Arsenal have done it, and for every 2-3 players that get released having never kicked a first team ball in the league, there are Fabregas, Djourou, Bendtner (Who cost them 25k), Flamini, Clichy. His theory was sound enough and one I'd wish we had employed years back.

His only problem was the current squad, he assumed. He assumed there was no major problems as on paper our squad looks a reasonably strong one, but Football is played on paper and nothing can be assumed in the game of Football, Leeds United proved that. That was his only true flaw.

And may I ask, in relation to your "Youth and academies produce sweet FA" I present, Man United of the 90's and even the millenium, with Rossi, Fletcher, Brown, Ben Foster, and more recently Jonny Evans. Arsenal from late ninties to this present day, who use a good number of academy produced players taken from across the globe.

And arguably my best example, the best footballing side in the world right now, FC Barcelona, they have a lot of academy players playing for them, and a host more who left or were poached as kids.

Guest Heneage

You know you'll not get a response on anything beyond the first sentence, right?

You know I don't read past the first sentence of his stuff, right?  O0

You know you'll not get a response on anything beyond the first sentence, right?

haven't you just said that you weren't going to respond to my reply to you ?

As I said, you may as well believe in fairies. It isn't going to happen. The only way its done is through big spending, including on these trophy players.

i would suggest a mixture of  both would be ideal

aha, I see. You mean like the team assembled which qualified for europe more than everybody but 4 other clubs over a periold of a decade and a half, for which the fat bastard was slated right, left and centre for backing and helping his managers to put together ?

I knew somebody would spell it out.........incidentally, I've asked this question before of people, and - probably because Dave hasn't insisted they reply like he does to me - can you tell me exactly who these supposed "trophy signings" have been ?

To be fair NE5, I think Ashley has proven he's a better owner/chairman than Shepherd ever was.

Surely you can at least agree on that?

the 2nd division looms

Still. Our finances will be in good shape, and we won't be buying any trophy players and selling one of our best players to Wigan and getting a Wigan utility player in return.

Well done MIke lad, you've got the supporters truly on your side for doing such a good job.

aha, I see. You mean like the team assembled which qualified for europe more than everybody but 4 other clubs over a periold of a decade and a half, for which the fat bastard was slated right, left and centre for backing and helping his managers to put together ?

I knew somebody would spell it out.........incidentally, I've asked this question before of people, and - probably because Dave hasn't insisted they reply like he does to me - can you tell me exactly who these supposed "trophy signings" have been ?

You do realise that selective use of statistics isn't really regarded as wisdom any more?

You do realise that selective use of statistics isn't really regarded as wisdom any more?

selective use of statistics in the form of league positions ?

What do you go by then ?

:mackems:

who slates him for this like?  that's just bollocks, he's slated for allowing the wheels to come off after SBR as far as i can tell - souness and the 50m of death, massive crippling contracts we handed out then the roeder non-appointment

can't recall anyone slating the guy for too much before that, in fact i'd say he did very well especially forcing the club into a period of financial prudence once SBR came to settle things down after gullit, which it looked like he was going to have to do again when he appointed allardyce

fact is we had a lot of debt that appears to have become borderline devastating to us as a combination of the souness spend, contracts handed out plus declining performances on the pitch...obviously had that 50m worked and we'd gradually improved on the SBR team we'd not be having this conversation

executives are there to take the fall when things go wrong NE5, just as they're paid handsomely when things go right - FS rightly deserves the plaudits for everything he achieved pre-souness but he deserves the flak that comes with souness and everything that has happened since...

it's like the banks, no-one is remembering the good times now the policies of the banks have been exposed and they're falling apart at the seams are they?  they're focusing on the decisions that tore something good apart, and so they should

FS should be treated no differently to this

I did explain that like, you just chose to ignore me and go off on one as normal about the old board and s*** I've never said. Hey-ho.

aha, I see. You mean like the team assembled which qualified for europe more than everybody but 4 other clubs over a periold of a decade and a half, for which the fat b****** was slated right, left and centre for backing and helping his managers to put together ?

selective use of statistics in the form of league positions ?

What do you go by then ?

:mackems:

non-selective use perhaps ?

To be fair NE5, I think Ashley has proven he's a better owner/chairman than Shepherd ever was.

the 2nd division looms

Still. Our finances will be in good shape, and we won't be buying any trophy players and selling one of our best players to Wigan and getting a Wigan utility player in return.

Well done MIke lad, you've got the supporters truly on your side for doing such a good job.

I'm with NE5 on this one.

Ashley clearing all the debt in one go and not using half of that money to give Keegan decent buying power in the summer was his biggest mistake. You speculate to accumulate in this game and we're now paying for the lack of it.

He's a twat for getting us into this mess and has nobody to blame but himself as he alone had the power to change it.

If we go down I hope that arsehole gets run out of town.

the 2nd division looms

Ashley clearing all the debt in one go and not using half of that money to give Keegan decent buying power in the summer was his biggest mistake. You speculate to accumulate in this game and we're now paying for the lack of it.

He's a twat for getting us into this mess and has nobody to blame but himself as he alone had the power to change it.

i know, how DID Mike Ashley take us from champions league regulars to relegation in less than 2 years?  that's the question on everyones lips

impressive feat i have to say

the 2nd division looms

i know, how DID Mike Ashley take us from champions league regulars to relegation in less than 2 years?  that's the question on everyones lips

impressive feat i have to say

It'll be over a bet like trading places.

With Newcastle United playing the role of  http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/suicidetp.jpg