Danby's Performance

Crumpy Gunt

My mates band are apparently lined up for the Blaydon races at the Boro game, he's not sure whether they're on before the match or half time. The band are the Longsands and the club play their version of the Blaydon races when the team comes out for the 2nd half normally, the club have been planning on releasing it in the club shops for months but still hasn't happened yet!  

This is what I mean, this is the sort of thing we should be reserving for when we've already won the title/qualified for the CL/FA Cup final and are going through the motions and having a bit of a laugh (we might have a shot next season), not when we're going into the three biggest games in our recent history and trying to stop what would/will be an absolute catastrophe.

The time for jolly japes at the match has long since passed.

My mates band are apparently lined up for the Blaydon races at the Boro game, he's not sure whether they're on before the match or half time. The band are the Longsands and the club play their version of the Blaydon races when the team comes out for the 2nd half normally, the club have been planning on releasing it in the club shops for months but still hasn't happened yet!  

I would much rather see your mate's band than that bloated twat mumbling like Barney from the Simpsons after one too many. Can we start a campaign?

Is he going to sing before the Boro game? What about the Fulham game? Wonder if Villa would mind if he sung on the last day?

Nowt against the bloke personally as it serves a purpose (to an extent) but there's only so many times you can play that card. It's in serious danger of making us look like desperate wankers (if it hasn't already).  :undecided:

He's already booked for the two home games.

Oh Christ, I was being facetious.  :-[

Is he going to sing before the Boro game? What about the Fulham game? Wonder if Villa would mind if he sung on the last day?

Nowt against the bloke personally as it serves a purpose (to an extent) but there's only so many times you can play that card. It's in serious danger of making us look like desperate wankers (if it hasn't already). :undecided:

He's already booked for the two home games.

Oh Christ, I was being facetious. :-[

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2009/04/29/opera-singer-graeme-danby-asked-to-sing-at-last-two-nufc-home-games-61634-23497801/

Asked, rather than booked it seems.

TBH, he got more out of the fans than they had shown all season and this thread doesn't surprise me, because there is little in the way of football to discuss.  Sadly, you could sing and support and raise the roof for 90 mins and this bunch will still take the piss and wander round like a bunch of children who have lost their pocket money.  It didnt come across bad on TV until the match kicked off!

It really did. The non-Mags in the office have been taking the piss big time.

this

and i agree with you about looking like bolton, or middlesbrough

fuck that shit, this needs stamping out now

I know Louise Taylor - she's a family friend through my father, and is actually a really nice woman - she would be as devastated as many of us if we go down. I remember when I was doing a sports bulletin for my journalism course and needed an ex-player to comment on the rot at Newcastle, and she put me in touch with Rob Lee. All this stuff about how she's a dick who has no idea what she's talking about is total bollocks. She's well informed about the team, the area and the supporters.

Re: Danby, it's a stupid gimmick. Our fans our derided by the London rags for being drunk, overweight and blindly optimistic idiots. That man sums up all the stereotypes they throw at us. I don't care if they swore or not, I guess he got the crowd going, but the fact remains that we shouldn't need him to get up for games like Portsmouth. But the crowd was understandably nervous - sure, we can try and forget about how utterly awful our team has been since Sir Bobby quit, but five years of underacviehement, misguided sigings, false dawns and "heroes" failing to live up to their billing has left us bereft of hope and optimism, and full of common sense - the fact is that right now, our team, for whatever reason, hasn't performed for a long time, it doesn't look like anybody can get the best out of our squad and we have an ownership structure which has provedit does not know what it's doing.

My friends, my family, people I know at college and anybody else laughs at me for being a Toon fan. Hell, I went on a date t'other day and the girl almost pitied me when I told her I supported Newcastle. We're a laughting stock. It's fuck all to do with Louise Taylor either.

I didn't hear Danby swear when he took the mick; so why say he did? Shearer must have been happy to let him do his stuff and he did get the crowd going. The only thing I didn't like was him being on the pitch at HT; that did smack a bit of desperation. And, if he goes on like that without having had a drink just think what he'd be like full of beer.

I know Louise Taylor - she's a family friend through my father, and is actually a really nice woman - she would be as devastated as many of us if we go down. I remember when I was doing a sports bulletin for my journalism course and needed an ex-player to comment on the rot at Newcastle, and she put me in touch with Rob Lee. All this stuff about how she's a dick who has no idea what she's talking about is total bollocks. She's well informed about the team, the area and the supporters.

Re: Danby, it's a stupid gimmick. Our fans our derided by the London rags for being drunk, overweight and blindly optimistic idiots. That man sums up all the stereotypes they throw at us. I don't care if they swore or not, I guess he got the crowd going, but the fact remains that we shouldn't need him to get up for games like Portsmouth. But the crowd was understandably nervous - sure, we can try and forget about how utterly awful our team has been since Sir Bobby quit, but five years of underacviehement, misguided sigings, false dawns and "heroes" failing to live up to their billing has left us bereft of hope and optimism, and full of common sense - the fact is that right now, our team, for whatever reason, hasn't performed for a long time, it doesn't look like anybody can get the best out of our squad and we have an ownership structure which has provedit does not know what it's doing.

My friends, my family, people I know at college and anybody else laughs at me for being a Toon fan. Hell, I went on a date t'other day and the girl almost pitied me when I told her I supported Newcastle. We're a laughting stock. It's fuck all to do with Louise Taylor either.

Hi Louise,

Thanks for finally revealing yourself to the forum, just out of interest, wheese keys are these?

If you're not Louise Taylor, then you're clearly deluded - just as she is, rarely does she understand the point she is trying to make when writing. I suppose it shouldn't come as any surprise that neither do her 'fans'.

The whole pre-match crap was simply toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Yet it achieved the desired effect...don't think we're in a position to complain about methods so long as the required result is achieved.

Guest toonlass

The whole pre-match crap was simply toe-curlingly embarrassing.

Yet it achieved the desired effect...don't think we're in a position to complain about methods so long as the required result is achieved.

Agreed tbh