Pwnage: Barcelona bum Man Utd 2-0, win the CL

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man U didn't have the players to physically dominate in midfield like Chelsea did. Their defenders were surprisingly shaky as well. Weak performance. I'd be f**** angry if I was a Chelsea player though.

Chelsea never dominated though. They sat back the entire game in their own half and made it difficult for Barca to score - Barca still dominated them, considerably so. ManU tried that today, a cowardly tactic given that Barca's defence was there for the taking, but after ten minutes were a goal down, so the plan backfired with strikers having to come on for midfielders, which in the end gave Barca the space to exploit the significant difference in ability/skill/technique.

Man U didn't have the players to physically dominate in midfield like Chelsea did. Their defenders were surprisingly shaky as well. Weak performance. I'd be f**** angry if I was a Chelsea player though.

Don't start this again. Not the time or the place.

But for the record, Chelsea should have no complaints, they were beaten by the best team in the tournament this year, and were thoroughly outplayed over both legs! :D

Is poor Clive crying?

Interpolic shoved the pin into his face I think.

Nah not guilty, I had to watch the last 20 mins with Irish commentary because ITV can't manage to stream a match on their own website (let my lass watch Apprentice like a right old gent).

Absolute amateur knackerjobs ITV, don't know how they get away with it.

The difference in class on the ball tonight was what made the difference as has been said. Also thought it was a win for football as well and glad Ferguson's tactics never paid off due to that early goal. Although I think it's bad news for the league as he's going to try and up his team once again. (I am aware he tried this before with Veron btw)

Funny how the man u fans and sheringham seem to talk about them "totally dominating" the game til Barca scored.

For fucks sake, Barca scored after 10mins and dominated for the next 80.

Pwnage.

I hope the claim that Barca can't score against English teams, that Man Utd are better than them, that any team in the world right now is their equal etc. etc. is put to bed. Enough of that ridiculous shit.

Outclassed. A fucking footballing lesson was taught tonight and Man Utd just got a taste of what Barca have done to their opposition in 95% of the matches they play. There's no other team like them.

2 shots on target by Man Utd.. a 35 yard free kick that was poorly palmed away and a Ronaldo chance right after the second goal. Nothing else. Not one single good chance. Not one 1v1. Man Utd created nothing.

It was all Barca. The way it should be. The beautiful game played the way it's supposed to be played. Awesome.

Man Utd's best player? Probably Ronaldo. He was the only one who showed up tonight. Rooney was very quiet and too defensive, Man Utd's entire midfield got outclassed by Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta (what a game he had, wow...), and Vidic making a mistake that probably cost them the match.

Barca were awesome. Messi was excellent. His touch and technique is world class. There was one take in the second half where the ball was kicked pretty hard by Pique, still in the air and probably above Messi's head, Messi jumps up, chests in down and continues running with the ball - all in one motion. Superb stuff.

I thought Iniesta was MotM and Eto'o also had a great game (second time he's scored in the CL final).

I'm doing that little smile that Fergie did last Sunday when told that we went down. 

Are people really holding that against him? :lol:

What was he going to react like when he was yards away from a manager celebrating survival? Roll his eyes, tut, and think, "Not another season of this gobshite".

The difference in class on the ball tonight was what made the difference as has been said. Also thought it was a win for football as well and glad Ferguson's tactics never paid off due to that early goal. Although I think it's bad news for the league as he's going to try and up his team once again. (I am aware he tried this before with Veron btw)

Of course, Barcelona were always going to be the technically superior team but I don't really understand how Ferguson was hoping to nullify their threat. Carrick, Anderson and Giggs did fuck all of any use against Iniesta, Xavi or Messi, and when they had the balll they had no idea how to use it effectively.

Man Utd's best player? Probably Ronaldo. He was the only one who showed up tonight. Rooney was very quiet and too defensive, Man Utd's entire midfield got outclassed by Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta (what a game he had, wow...), and Vidic making a mistake that probably cost them the match.

Barca were awesome. Messi was excellent. His touch and technique is world class. There was one take in the second half where the ball was kicked pretty hard by Pique, still in the air and probably above Messi's head, Messi jumps up, chests in down and continues running with the ball - all in one motion. Superb stuff.

I thought Iniesta was MotM and Eto'o also had a great game (second time he's scored in the CL final).

Shite tbh - they were all pretty poor.

At least we have something to cheer us up this week (for the non Man U supporting people on here anyway).

Guest firetotheworks

At the start of the match I thought Man United gameplan was canny. They were playing high up to try and nullify Barcas passing from the source in their defence.

The only problem being that Barca are just too fucking good.

The f*** is pique doing with the net like :mackems:

It's a basketball thing ...

http://insidecorner.dmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/roy-williams1-300x200.jpg

I'm doing that little smile that Fergie did last Sunday when told that we went down. 

Are people really holding that against him? :lol:

What was he going to react like when he was yards away from a manager celebrating survival? Roll his eyes, tut, and think, "Not another season of this gobshite".

If he did enjoy us going down I am sure he changed his opinion when the wanker started singing, I fucking hate that song anyway hate it even more now.