Pwnage: Barcelona bum Man Utd 2-0, win the CL

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, let's discount what they did in the other 58 matches that they played then.

Because all of those sides are seen to be as good as chelsea arent they. Not talking different standards of opposition or anything.

Guest Heneage

Where does Guardiola learn his English ??

I believe it is self taught. He seems an intelligent guy, and  I know most young coaches now try to learn English to further their prospects of work.

Yeah, let's discount what they did in the other 58 matches that they played then.

Because all of those sides are seen to be as good as chelsea arent they. Not talking different standards of opposition or anything.

More a matter of whether or not teams set up to cancel out Barca and have no attacking intent of their own (aka teams that are too shit scared of Barca to venture out of their own half).

I know. I wrote something to explain that but deleted it (in the previous post). His style of play means that he's going to be excellent until he's 35. He's not fast, he doesn't have incredible strength and generally, his game is not a physical one. He's not going to lose his passing ability which is why he'll be around for a long time.

Yep, thinking someone like Beckham, who's main strength is techniqle (can't spell, screw it), so can play for a long long time despite losing physical attributes.

Better version of Paul Scholes.

Guest Heneage

Fabregas should watch Xavi and Iniesta and take note. They don't have tremendous pace, they aren't strong but they bossed the game tonight Iniesta especially. Watching him is brilliantly because he shows you don't have to be a physical monster to succeed. He makes his own space and knows his limits, he is happy to pass it off move and pick it up again.

ahahaha, english "domination" of the the CL eh?

still only 3 wins since the tournament began in the CL format, some domination; some people in and out of the press should remember it has to actually be won to be dominated

chuffed for barca, best team in the world by a street - and all the "ref helped them vs chelsea" merchants can fuck off too, it's called football & things going for/against you is part of it

side with the more gifted players won tonight, class told finally

A team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Alves, Yaya and Casillas its not exactly hardest job in the world.

Quality of La Liga has been shite this year don't forget that, in the CL they sorta beat Chelsea and played well against a Man Utd side that bent over as soon as they conceded.

A team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Alves, Yaya and Casillas its not exactly hardest job in the world..

Real Madrid

Lol my bad, not slept yet :/

Few manure fans having a pop at nufc fans for being glad manure got beat, and them linking it to us getting relegated...

Aye, cos if we were still in the PL we would have wanted manure to win instead eh?!

i'd like barcelona to win, partly just to see ronaldo bubbling like a bairn at the final whistle.

i'll dig out me auld 'kluivert 9' barca shirt

if nothing else this, he won it last year when he was europe's best but this year i'd like to see messi win it as he's the best player in the world

bound to be ronaldo mind, 'cause he's a c***

and he did bubble like a bairn at the final whistle  ;D

Was still boring.

Man Utd showed the backbone of a modern NUFC team. Barca completely outplayed them. People moan about Chelsea's rough defensive tactics, but they didn't have make for a much more interesting competition than that.

Oh, and to anyone asking me how I thought Barca played, I thought they played well, outclassed Man Utd with moderate ease. They weren't even stretched. Just because I hate them, and the game was boring, it doesn't mean I can't see that they're a good side! :lol:

Still a bunch of filthy crack whores though.

Judging by this thread my decision not to watch this match was fully vindicated. I've seen enough of us this season to know what a team getting their arse handed to them looks like.

Judging by this thread my decision not to watch this match was fully vindicated. I've seen enough of us this season to know what a team getting their arse handed to them looks like.

Nah man, I reckon you missed out.

Man U are an absolutely awesome side, let's not forget that. People will say they didn't show up last night, but it's mostly because Barca didn't let them. As good a display from an individual side as you'll ever see, truly magnificent it was.

Nah man, I reckon you missed out.

Man U are an absolutely awesome side, let's not forget that. People will say they didn't show up last night, but it's mostly because Barca didn't let them. As good a display from an individual side as you'll ever see, truly magnificent it was.

I saw the first half tbf and it did look like men against boys.

I'd still take Anthony and his lovely Johnsons over the second half any day :smitten:

I think the match disappointed some because many (including me) believed that after the first goal - which was scored against the early run of play - Man Utd would really come out and go for Barca's throat. They never managed to get a decent period of possession together and rarely looked like threatening.

Barcelona's ball retention was awesome and I'm not downplaying their quality in the match, but it didn't help the spectacle which beforehand promised to be full of end-to-end attacking and goal chances for both sides.

Just shows the only way to beat quality teams like Man Utd is to out pass them and out play them. Luckily for them there's only one team in the world that can.

I can think of a team that did it in August of last year...

It was a combination of one team playing close to their best and one team playing nowhere near their best. Ronaldo and Messi were hyped up before the game but it was won and lost in midfield. Xavi and Iniesta once again showed why Spain will be the team to beat at the next world cup.

Eto'o' celebration - what was that all about? Was his drug dealer sitting next to the corner flag or something?

Haha, when he started doing that my mate said to me "Is he trying to find a fucking vein or something?"

Guest Phil K

Obviously Barca weren't prepared to do things by the British Media book

The fact that Man U were so dismissed staggered and discusted me - you should have heard that pompous tit Alan Parry on TalkSpurt for example - that even though I wanted another English win, I was pleased for Barca to rub the British media's collective noses in their own sh*t

"A Manchester United fan in Nigeria killed four people when he drove his minibus into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team lost the Champions League final, police said on Thursday. "

They really take football seriously in Nigeria don't they? :lol: