Pwnage: Barcelona bum Man Utd 2-0, win the CL

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I missed the first 15 minutes but from what I saw of them Man U were poor. It was similar to how we played against Aston Villa. Did they have a shot in the second half? Maybe they could have done with playing the first team against Hull last weekend?

I thought it was a pretty boring game. Barcelona would work the ball to the final third then instead of going for goal they passed it all the way back to their defence. Made for boring viewing.

Masterclass from Barca. Easily the best team in the world, both in terms of ability and in terms of enjoyment to watch. Just cemented them as my 2nd team (Newcastle obviously are my one true love), have never been bored watching them.

Great from Iniesta, ran the game. Messi's header was genius, taken brilliantly.

Guest firetotheworks

I missed the first 15 minutes but from what I saw of them Man U were poor. It was similar to how we played against Aston Villa. Did they have a shot in the second half? Maybe they could have done with playing the first team against Hull last weekend?

I thought it was a pretty boring game. Barcelona would work the ball to the final third then instead of going for goal they passed it all the way back to their defence. Made for boring viewing.

Thats where I disagree. Lots of people think thats boring, but for me they're like a predator toying with their prey before unleashing hell, and I love it.

Thats where I disagree. Lots of people think thats boring, but for me they're like a predator toying with their prey before unleashing hell, and I love it.

Yep, I thought it was a class game.

What a boring match that was.

'The Dream CL Final' :lol:

So bitter :lol:

What did you think of Messi's performance tonight, dan?

It was the dream final and there was one team who absolutely outclassed another team. Barca's performance was sublime; when was the last time you saw Man Utd get totally shut out and owned like that?

Guest iliketoonarmy

You can't win game with referee keep helping around, and that's the result. Football is still football. Bravo Barca!

Imagine if Alves had played man.

Puyol owned that right hand side. Rooney was ineffective there likewise Ronaldo. But not only that, Puyol actually popped up on a few occasions and supported the attack (imagine if that little chip had gone in...). He was as good as any Barca players - but to be honest, I thought all of them were superb which really shows how good they are as a team.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine if Alves had played man.

Puyol owned that right hand side. Rooney was ineffective there likewise Ronaldo. But not only that, Puyol actually popped up on a few occasions and supported the attack (imagine if that little chip had gone in...). He was as good as any Barca players - but to be honest, I thought all of them were superb which really shows how good they are as a team.

Aye, he played very, very well. Barca were still excellent, but didn't have quite the piss taking element down the right hand side, thats when it's like theyre playing a team on 1 star on pro evo. Puyol was very good, but would have been better at CB. Knit picking really though.

Guest The Libertine

I'm doing that little smile that Fergie did last Sunday when told that we went down. 

Did I miss this? Is there a clip?

:@

i also saw it. i thought it was more than a "little" smile though.

lovely karma. 

Premiership is so much better than La Liga bla bla bla..

Fair play to Man Utd for sticking to their guns and attacking, but tonight showed the gulf in class between the best team in England and the best team in Spain.

If Chelsea would have played like that over 2 legs they'd have been bumped about 12-1 on aggerate.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaa. Too fuckin easy.

I'm doing that little smile that Fergie did last Sunday when told that we went down. 

Did I miss this? Is there a clip?

:@

i also saw it. i thought it was more than a "little" smile though.

lovely karma. 

link?

That was possibly the best football game i have ever seen Barca were simply stunning, no amount of superlatives can describe that performance. They cut man u open for fun and watching the way they spread the ball around is simply outstanding. I think it was for Puyol's chance that the ball was down the left, just outside the area but someone decided it was a goals scoring chance so the ball went through about 6 pairs of fett, ended up down the right and then a wonderful run was met by a cracking through ball. I love watching the way players drop into midfield and give options and always seem to pick the right option. The fact was tonight that man u couldn't get close to them, on the pitch or in terms of class Ronaldo was ok but the boy tries to run the show, messi on the otherhand just mucks in with those like Iniesta, they have the ability to do more but instead they realise they step on the field as 11. I think Ronaldo feels 10 players step on the pitch to play for him

I removed a few S's from the title. It was way too American.

:dave:

A team is a collection of people. They don't 'wins' something.

Lesson over.

But not when the 'entity' is considered a single thing. Manchester United is one singular thing. So they can also 'wins' stuff if you refer to them as a united entity i.e. refer to them as a club.

'Barcelona's winning this'

'Barcelona are winning this'

Both correct.

Guest firetotheworks

That was possibly the best football game i have ever seen Barca were simply stunning, no amount of superlatives can describe that performance. They cut man u open for fun and watching the way they spread the ball around is simply outstanding. I think it was for Puyol's chance that the ball was down the left, just outside the area but someone decided it was a goals scoring chance so the ball went through about 6 pairs of fett, ended up down the right and then a wonderful run was met by a cracking through ball. I love watching the way players drop into midfield and give options and always seem to pick the right option. The fact was tonight that man u couldn't get close to them, on the pitch or in terms of class Ronaldo was ok but the boy tries to run the show, messi on the otherhand just mucks in with those like Iniesta, they have the ability to do more but instead they realise they step on the field as 11. I think Ronaldo feels 10 players step on the pitch to play for him

Did you not see them beat Real 6-2?

The really amazing thing about this was how wrong basically every British pundit was.

-"Valdes is dodgy, Van der Sar is the better keeper" (VDS should have done better for both goals)

-"Man Utd's backline looks rock-solid, Barca's will be shaky and (I actually heard someone say this) Pique would only be a 6th choice Center Half behind Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Neville, Evans"  Man Utd's defence never looked settled

-"The midfield battle looks pretty even, Giggs and Park will be able to stand up to Xavi and Iniesta"  :lol:

-"Man Utd's attacking trio will be just as dangerous as Barca's" Yeah.  Right....

British pundits have absolutely no perspective on anything outside the UK and a lot of them have very little perspective on things even in the UK.

Hahahaha, you'd have enjoyed more if madrid weren''t spanked 4-0 on agg agains't a team who aren't even capable of challenging a team Barcelona just battered.

See you next season, even  though everyone knows what's going to happen. Madrid scum. Hahahahaa.