If Kinnear Leaves...

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest helios_centric

He was just an embarrassment from day one. Didn't like how he conducted himself and also he was clueless and out of touch as a manager. He took the job in a desperate attempt at clawing his way back into management when he couldn't get a job - not because he was doing us a favour.

Guest Brummiemag

Not up to the job but a decent bloke all the same. He is not the cause of our problems. All the best Joe

I'm amazed some journalist hasn't been to see him to get some quotes. It would be nice to think he realises his time had passed and he is just refusing to comment, but somehow I can't see him being able to hold his tongue.

It might have been because I never really paid him much attention before, but I don't remember him being that much of a gobshite when he was at Wimbledon.

Guest Phil K

How depressing the first word of the thread title is btw. :undecided:

Think positive, Dave.

It's a mis-spelt "When"

A complete spanner of the highest order. A complete muppet who shouldnt have been let within a million miles of the job in the first place.

So overall, fond memories.

:laugh: Great word.

Guest Phil K

Let's mine the hospital grounds so Ashley can't give him a contract to sign.

Whats a few sickly casualties when we're talking about the health of NUFC ?  :iamatwat:

Shit manager who talked a load of rubbish but at least he stood in when plenty of others wouldn't.

personally think this is bollocks, not what you're saying dave but the idea that ashley somehow touted the club around loads of eligible managers and they all turned us down "because the club was in a mess"

more likely he tried a couple of people on the cheap and they laughed at him. he threw the same bullshit offer at kinnear and he took it

the man reeked of desperation every minute he was at the club, he reminded me of Les McQueen from the League of Gentlemen

http://lockheart.co.uk/bb/mcqueen.jpg

Guest Phil K

Nah, I agree with MrMojorisin - Ashley wanted a manager on the cheap, and could have got a good show for a little more time rather than more dosh.

Can't understand why no-one has ever went for George Graham. He was the man who made Leeds a force a few years back, NOT O'Leary. Spurs dumped him despite winning  a trophy because of his Arsenal links

Give me Graham over Kinnear any day - Graham's obsession with London proved his downfall in the end though - if he'd stayed at Leeds, Leeds wouldn't have had their fall from grace and would still be a force. And Graham would still be a big managerial name instead of a forgotten man - which I wish Kinnear would have stayed.

Graham's football was not exciting, sure. Methodical yes. But he would have strengthened Newcastle long term.

It's hard to judge his quality as a manager because he wasn't in the job for long and he inherited a really crap situation. Given that neither Shearer nor Houghton have produced better results, I'd hesitate to criticise him.

Yes, he was Ashley's appointment but it was made as a result of events which weren't completely in Ashley's control. Our manager walked out and an ugly situation developed where a powerful group of fans were demanding that Ashley leaves. He acceded to their demands in order to ease the situation but of course as we know he had trouble selling due to the credit crunch and we ended up with a temporary manager - and the choice for that role was never going to be wide.

You can blame Ashley for all of that if you want, but others need to look at themselves as well - principally Keegan and those who stirred things up after his departure.

Guest Howaythetoon

Someone who although clearly out of his depth was at least fighting the club and fans' corner in terms of passion and attempts to unite everyone above him. As a manager I regard him as one of our worst, less capable than Souness and Roeder even. However anyone that puts their life at risk for this club of ours which he did, deserves some form of respect. Following KK was an unenviable task especially in the circumstances and lets not forget he too was working with idiots above him. The team clearly didn't respect him either so in many ways he was fighting a losing battle from day one. The fact he drew some money from Ashley even though it was invested on tat was a small victory at a time when he was being promised funds. In terms of his appointment the club basically went into a boozer or greasy spoon cafe and picked out the football equivalent of a pub team manager to manage the biggest collection of wasters ever assembled at a top flight club in crisis.... what do people expect? Me, I wish him all the best health wise and while I won't lie he is without doubt one of the worst managers in the club's history, he was a likeable bloke who shared our passion and fight who put his life on the line for a once in a lifetime chance to manage this crazy but beloved club of ours. Respect, I say.

Balls? :lol: The guy was out of the game, out of work, for four years; well and truly in the doldrums with absolutely no way of getting back into the game.

Then Mike came a long and offered him Newcastle United.

Oh aye, took massive balls that didn't it like. As i've said before, i'm not gonna criticise Kinnear for that - he would have been clinically insane not to take the job. But this ridiculous feeling that he's such a good guy and took a lot of cajones to take on the job... nah. How could he possibly lose?

And he was a woeful manager.

Terrible in every way possible.

The dog smiley pretty much sums him up.

Clueless, by far the worst manager we've had in my time supporting the club. If we go down and he somehow ends up in charge again next season I think we'll be lucky to finish top half in the Championship.

Sold our most talented player and brought in useless bags of shite like Taylor and Nolan.

The fact that he came off as a complete wanker doesn't help either.

Guest Stephen927

If Kinnear Leaves.... we'll all have a partay and pretend that entire episode never happened. Of course, being in the Championship will serve as a constant reminder of Mike and Joe's wild adventure.

;)

Clueless, by far the worst manager we've had in my time supporting the club. If we go down and he somehow ends up in charge again next season I think we'll be lucky to finish top half in the Championship.

Sold our most talented player and brought in useless bags of shite like Taylor and Nolan.

:nods:

A fucking shambles of a manager, couldn't do a thing right. Embarrassed himself and the club on several occasions during his spell here.

Can we 100% say that Taylor and Nolan were Kinnear's signings or Wise's?

Can we 100% say that Taylor and Nolan were Kinnear's signings or Wise's?

No we can't, but I feel that they would be the type of players Kinnear would sign.

A man who as tactically inept as he is, gains the respect of the players, and had the balls to say to the media what every Newcastle fan has always wanted to say to them. A genuine, very likeable bloke.