Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

A draw will feel like a loss and although on paper not a disaster, in reality the physchological damage could make it so. Need the greatest of half time team talks from Big Al.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

you'd struggle to believe there's 22 professional players on the pitch what a shocking game

Half time. That's ok. Man, I thought that first goal would kill us but the crowd were massive in us getting back into it. Viduka looks like he needs a break so I think he won't last 75 minutes.

We can do this. I like how our fullbacks are overlapping constantly, which although leaves us vulnerable to the counter-attack, just means we can get more bodies into the box. Something will drop for us in the second half and we have to score.

No problem we are a second half team ! :)

Since when? ???

Viduka has been very good, our best player by miles. Quality corners from Guthrie, could easily have gotten another from one of them. Defence is looking shaky as fuck, I'm pissing myself as soon as they get the ball over the half way line.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bassong very uncharacteristic today like. Owen still looks like he doesn't care. Get Martins on. Nice change to see the overall performance full of effort though.

I don't see the effort. Our closing down is fucking shit as usual, only middelsborough don't make it count as much as better teams

They were the better side for the last 10 minutes.

We need to come out and play how we were playing for the first 30 minutes of that half.

Minus the part about 2-3 minutes in, if possible...

Well yeah, but even that came against the run of play (if there is even such a thing 2 minutes in :lol:)

Bassong has been awful in the centre of defence.  He's been so slow to get moving at times he's just being left high-and-dry on the counter attack by Boro.

Jonas has been almost anonymous for the last 20 minutes of that half.  He's just dawdling around the midfield and not showing any real desire to get after the ball.

Viduka has been immense.  He's been at the heart of almost every opportunity we created during the first half, but I too worry about his endurance.

I don't agree that Butt has been that great, he's getting involved, but he's not really creating any forward momentum.

Guthrie has been doing a great job down that right wing.

Duff has been doing a decent job at left back, considering he's out of position, but oh how I wish someone would teach him how to place a pass or cross.