Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

Isn't Rusedski a Toon fan?

Being drafted in as a Dennis Wise replacement apparently.

It won't take much to serve better than Dennis did. I'm sure he can cause a racket in trying to rebuild the squad from the net to the front. As long as he gets us players who don't foul much and can play on any surface we'll be fine.

Honestly the worst post I've ever read on this forum.

That's what I was going for.  :smug:

Quite an achievement tbf.

Well, Santa is a Geordie. So anything's possible.

(When I read .com's report something twigged in my mind about Rusedski and Newcastle prior to this as well. He loves the Toon.)

I also seem to have some sort of memory of him being a Newcastle fan along with that Canadian sprinter

Well, Santa is a Geordie. So anything's possible.

(When I read .com's report something twigged in my mind about Rusedski and Newcastle prior to this as well. He loves the Toon.)

I also seem to have some sort of memory of him being a Newcastle fan along with that Canadian sprinter

ben johnson ?

Ha! Downing could have torn us to shreads, apparantely. With his amazing shooting  crossing  dribbling  passing  erm, awareness  errrr... flair  ability. Ah fuck it.

:dontknow:

Ha! Downing could have torn us to shreads, apparantely. With his amazing shooting  crossing  dribbling  passing  erm, awareness  errrr... flair  ability. Ah fuck it.

I'd still have him in our team of course.

Finally watched the televised coverage of the game tonight.

Jonas wasn't half as bad as I thought (first half at least), and Nolan was pretty tidy. Guthrie's set pieces were brilliant, only saw ONE corner that was a little long. Amazing for us. He had a good game generally, particularly considering his position.

Martins clearly isn't fit, he'd have been in at least twice with his usual turn of pace, but his goal was really well taken. Lovenkrands and Taylor both scored crackers. Carroll had a nice little cameo, Bassong wasn't as nervy as I remember, and Emnes did nowt second half.

All in all, when viewed without the tensions of being there and it being a matter of result at all costs, we played pretty well. :thup:

I thought he had the air of a man who knew he'd be playing elsewhere next season, whether or not they stayed up.

Guest Heneage

Ha! Downing could have torn us to shreads, apparantely. With his amazing shooting  crossing  dribbling  passing  erm, awareness  errrr... flair  ability. Ah f*** it.

He's been "Off" for a few seasons now, for his own career he has to go now.

I thought he had the air of a man who knew he'd be playing elsewhere next season, whether or not they stayed up.