Mark Viduka

lovejoy

7 goals in 2 years

Story of Viduka's career, a terrible, terrible waste. You could argue that Viduka has more natural ability than Didier Drogba, yet he never had the bollocks or the motivation that players like Drogba have to become a truly world-class footballer. Shame for us but moreso for him

And yet a sh*t referee decision has arguably cost him cult-hero status a la David Kelly.

Guest stjamestoon

Has he just gone back to oz then?

Makes me fuckin laugh how we havent got any official confirmation who has left etc. Show how much of a state our club is in....

I never understood why some people are willing to turn a blind eye to Viduka yet lay into Owen for the exact same things. The Duke was a waste of space here and a disgrace picking up those wages, good riddance.

Has he just gone back to oz then?

Makes me fuckin laugh how we havent got any official confirmation who has left etc. Show how much of a state our club is in....

Last I heard he was in talks with FC Zürich.

Guest toonlass

I never understood why some people are willing to turn a blind eye to Viduka yet lay into Owen for the exact same things. The Duke was a waste of space here and a disgrace picking up those wages, good riddance.

He was ignored by Kinnear and his toadie Hughton. It was only when Shearer came back that he got into the team again. I spoke to him before the end of the season and he said he would have stayed had he had the chance.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Can't believe people are sad to see the wasters go adrift when we need them the least.

Guest toonlass

Can't believe people are sad to see the wasters go adrift when we need them the least.

And yet come August we will have upfront?

He was ignored by Kinnear and his toadie Hughton. It was only when Shearer came back that he got into the team again. I spoke to him before the end of the season and he said he would have stayed had he had the chance.

I bet he would, getting over paid while sitting on his arse injured. He can fuck right off.

And yet come August we will have upfront?

Well, when we get sold and get a manager, im sure we can attract a decent forward or 2 for the championship, we are the biggest club in the league now so we certainly have the pulling power.

I'd say it's because we all knew what we were getting with Viduka.

a part of me is sad hes gone

Yup, me too. Time for a new avatar...

Sums it right up - world class for one game, non-existent for the next five. Still better than what Owen produced though.

Viduka set to move to London

12:41 AM Sun 5th Jul, 2009 - Admin

Out of contract Newcastle striker Mark Viduka is almost certain to move to London with three London based clubs being the front runners for his prized signature.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham are seeking to land the big striker who is keen to play another season in the Premier League and remain in top condition for the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa. After a two year absence, Viduka is set to make his return to the Socceroos for the World Cup Finals.

While Arsenal and Tottenham may be the big guns chasing Viduka, it is understood the presence of fellow Socceroo Mark Schwarzer at Fulham may be the deciding factor in Viduka's decision. Schwarzer moved to Fulham in 2008 and has arguably had the best season of his long Premier League career.

Guest The Libertine

a part of me is sad hes gone

Yup, me too. Time for a new avatar...

Sums it right up - world class for one game, non-existent for the next five. Still better than what Owen produced though.

what are you basing that on? goals? games played? or just because owen is the current pantomime villain?

Out of contract Newcastle striker Mark Viduka is almost certain to move to London with three London based clubs being the front runners for his prized signature.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham are seeking to land the big striker who is keen to play another season in the Premier League and remain in top condition for the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa. After a two year absence, Viduka is set to make his return to the Socceroos for the World Cup Finals.

While Arsenal and Tottenham may be the big guns chasing Viduka, it is understood the presence of fellow Socceroo Mark Schwarzer at Fulham may be the deciding factor in Viduka's decision. Schwarzer moved to Fulham in 2008 and has arguably had the best season of his long Premier League career.

Arsenal :lol:

probably be off to Liverpool next after this Owen to Man U business :lol:

Arsenal :lol:

:lol: