Mark Viduka

lovejoy

Guest Stephen927

It's always 'if' with Mark Viduka isn't it? If he's up for it, and if he stays fit, and if his wages are high enough, he'll be a good player... too many ifs for a club to bother with IMO.

Fully agreed.

The only time he has ever looked arsed for us asides from Keegans 4-3-3 is when he was playing for a new deal.

Guest The Libertine

we need to avoid this type of player, even if its only a pay as you play.

he was a terrible, terrible signing first time round and ive no reason to believe he'll be much better now.

Let's be honest, Viduka has been crap for the past five years, he was only bothered enough to have a good last season with Boro, that was enough to trick you into buying him.

Absolutely spot on.

we need to avoid this type of player, even if its only a pay as you play.

he was a terrible, terrible signing first time round and ive no reason to believe he'll be much better now.

I think the new hard-working attitude and team spirit would soon go south if Mark 'Vacation' Viduka returned. No thanks.

Would have loved to have seen Viduka up alongside Shearer; just out of curiosity tbh. It mightn't have worked, but given the genius of both of them - it maybe would have done, and maybe would have just worked an absolute treat. Say we had him in that 03/04 season, where Bellamy was injured for huge amounts of it. It was Shearer-Ameobi for the majority of that season, and we still finished fifth.

I'd have loved for us to have Viduka back in Bobby's era.

Would have loved to have seen Viduka up alongside Shearer; just out of curiosity tbh. It mightn't have worked, but given the genius of both of them - it maybe would have done, and maybe would have just worked an absolute treat. Say we had him in that 03/04 season, where Bellamy was injured for huge amounts of it. It was Shearer-Ameobi for the majority of that season, and we still finished fifth.

Was Shearer a genius out of curiosity? He was [skirge]fkn[/skirge] fantastic at what he did, and aye he was smart but wouldn't really call him a footballing genius.

Was Shearer a genius out of curiosity? He was [skirge]fkn[/skirge] fantastic at what he did, and aye he was smart but wouldn't really call him a footballing genius.

Depends how you define genius. He got every ounce out of his talent in his body on to the pitch and then some. Brilliant technique too.

Not sure if it was that season but it looked like genius to me when he took the mickey out of the offside claiming Everton backline from a throw in

Was watching the Scotland v Macadonia game before and Mcfadden was called a genius, if they can call him that, Shearer was the equivalent of Einstien!!!! ;)

Not sure if it was that season but it looked like genius to me when he took the mickey out of the offside claiming Everton backline from a throw in

2001-02, that was the 6-2 game

Fook me.  Time flies

Guest Heneage

Was at that game good goal from Carl Cort and two nobby goals if  I remember right.

Was at that game good goal from Carl Cort and two nobby goals if  I remember right.

:thup:

Mark Viduka is a Melbourne lad and he wants to play for Australia in the next world cup. Australian champions, Melbourne Victory, have just sold their centre forward, Danny Alsopp, to some club in Qatar. I would not be surprised to see Viduka offered a contract by Melbourne Victory for the remander of the Australian season to get him fit to go to the WC.

Furthermore, a new Melbourne team is coming into the competition next season and the rumour here is that Viduka is lined up to be the marquee player, simlar to what Robbie Fowler is for the new Queensland team.