Atmosphere tonight

Fenham Mag

I'm probably a little biased because I sit there but I've thoroughly enjoyed every game this season because my season ticket is in amongst like-minded fans in the singing section. There is always a constant murmur of noise up there even if the rest of the ground don't hear it, and I think it would be far more useful in the Strawberry corner.

Guest Ebolarama

Btw Loved all the lads who took their shirts off (no homo), first time i've saw so many naked bodies at a home game.

Frutiest. Post. Ever.

I'm probably a little biased because I sit there but I've thoroughly enjoyed every game this season because my season ticket is in amongst like-minded fans in the singing section. There is always a constant murmur of noise up there even if the rest of the ground don't hear it, and I think it would be far more useful in the Strawberry corner.

Or both corners ideally?

I have to admit, I love my seat (standing position in L7 Corner)!!!

Or both corners ideally?

Both corners would be immense. I honestly believe there are 6,000 like-minded people in that ground too who could fill both the corners and make a hell of an atmosphere.

I love standing in the corner, it's like an away game apart from slightly less careless and daft.

Class atmosphere,I was in the leaves corner my first time and thats where I will be anymore.Went a bit overboard after the match celebrating and missed my flight home though  :doh: Well fucking worth it though!

Guest Slippery Sam

Or both corners ideally?

Both corners would be immense. I honestly believe there are 6,000 like-minded people in that ground too who could fill both the corners and make a hell of an atmosphere.

I love standing in the corner, it's like an away game apart from slightly less careless and daft.

Let's get the facts correct. You stand in L7, not 'The Corner'.

There is only one 'The Corner' and you aren't in it.

Or both corners ideally?

Shame its no longer 1990 isnt it?  Unfortunately for us younger fans we never got to enjoy the fruits and frolics of 'the corner' however I'm enjoying my seat in the current 'The Corner'. 

Guest toonlass

Or both corners ideally?

Lets get the facts correct. "The corner" is dead, long live the "Leazes corner".

I say we have a competition on Saturday and see who sings the loudest and most consistantly. It's obviously the Leazes Corner like.

(We need the mentality of the olden days when one stand tries to outsing the other, etc)

I say we have a competition on Saturday and see who sings the loudest and most consistantly. It's obviously the Leazes Corner like.

(We need the mentality of the olden days when one stand tries to outsing the other, etc)

Better than the mentality than a lot of you fans who sit up in the Leazes Corner have like. As a lot of you appear to think yourselves are superior to supporters who sit in other areas of the ground.

Better than the mentality than a lot of you fans who sit up in the Leazes Corner have like. As a lot of you appear to think yourselves are superior to supporters who sit in other areas of the ground.

Really?  Do we? 

I've never heard anything of the sort.  Just heard the odd grumble of the rest of the round not singing...and us being pissed off at trying our best to rouse an atmosphere.  I'd hardly call anyone sitting where we are 'up themselves' or having a an opinion that we are better than everyone...but then again I can't comment for everyone else.

Anyhow, the idea of competition between the stands is a good one, it might get people up and singing.  I just hope everyone gets behind the team like we did on Monday and the usual moaning and groaning from everyone doesnt creep in again.

Really?  Do we? 

I've never heard anything of the sort.  Just heard the odd grumble of the rest of the round not singing...and us being pissed off at trying our best to rouse an atmosphere.  I'd hardly call anyone sitting where we are 'up themselves' or having a an opinion that we are better than everyone...but then again I can't comment for everyone else.

Anyhow, the idea of competition between the stands is a good one, it might get people up and singing.  I just hope everyone gets behind the team like we did on Monday and the usual moaning and groaning from everyone doesnt creep in again.

had ST's in both, and both think the other one sings less than them

when i was knocking about the gallowgate it was a better atmos tbh but that was before the reconstruction so hard to comment for me now

Im terrified that were not gona be able to create anything like the noise tomorrow. Fulham will probably come and 'do a portsmouth' on us which will frustrate the crowd, we need an early goal! Are people taking their flags again? I just cant decide?

Really?  Do we? 

Not you tbh Matty but the general impression you get from fans who sit up there is they do look down on a lot of us (not literally) btw who sit in other areas of the ground.

Guest Slippery Sam

I will be totally honest here.

As usual, I lost my voice on Monday night, from singing and shouting.

However, I only heard L7 ONCE all night. Now, I'm sure you were singing, but the acoustics didn't travel my way very well. I guess it is the same for you lot up there as us in 'the corner' do our bit, make no mistake.

I just hope the atmosphere is as good tomorrow, as it was on Monday, but I very much doubt it.