Michael Owen - Would you be disappointed if he stayed?

Liam Liam Liam O
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes. He's on too much money and doesnt warrent it. The media are also up his arse and whenever he is on the bench its always a massive story. Puts too much pressure on the manager. Burley claimed last night that the fans would be booing his substitution if Shearer wasnt manager ffs! Hasnt got a clue.

Think we would be better with someone else.

Guest Phil K

Michael...strikers are dropped when they don't score.

You are not scoring.

Ergo......

Burley claimed last night that the fans would be booing his substitution if Shearer wasnt manager ffs! Hasnt got a clue.

Thats a good example of someone who takes Football journos words as gospel when it suits them

Imho he is staying away from bother on the pitch to avoid injury ,put yourself in his boots who wants to sign a player who is injured when he is just weeks away from being able to sign for another club and i might be wrong but thats how its seems to me.

Bit of a non story really of course hes going to be unhappy would be worried if he wasnt. Personally just think hes out of form at the moment hes been playing in a side creating nothing for him and confidence looks totally shot at the moment if we had played like last night more often or he had stuck away the Pompey chance could be a totally different picture.

Has mentioned when Big Al took over happy to stay if he remains manager and whatever happens with Owen i think hes going to have to accept a drastic pay cut and if we do stay up may be worth a new short time deal maybe a similar pay as you play deal its been reported Celtic are considering.

Guest dover

Imho he is staying away from bother on the pitch to avoid injury ,put yourself in his boots who wants to sign a player who is injured when he is just weeks away from being able to sign for another club and i might be wrong but thats how its seems to me.

Would agree with that 100% he just doent look committed, and for a captain thats unforgivable.

If we stayed up and Shearer didn't offer him a new deal then I'd start to really believe that he can take us places as manager.

Easy thing to do would be offer him a new deal on reduced wages, but you don't become a great manager doing the easy thing.

I think with Owen in a side that can create lots of chances he'll come good again, lets hope we stay up and Shearer stays on and is given the financial clout to acheive that.

I agree with this, with the form he's in he's about 5th in the pecking order.  But everyone knows that if we sell him to Everton/Villa he's gonna score about 15 next season.

Guest The Libertine

with hindsight, its very safe to say he has been the worst signing we've ever made. simply money down the drain.

Guest guinness_fiend

Yes.  Wages too high.  Doesn't look bothered.  Unreliable when it comes to injuries.  Cannot make chances for himself anymore and is too reliant on good service (i.e. struggles to carve out chances for himself when the rest of the team isn't on par, unlike Viduka last night - who, despite his weight and age, took the piss out of the Smoggies).

And he married a childhood sweetheart when he could have nobbed at least a handful if girlband members and a few glamour girls by now.  How can we be expected to trust such a fiend?  I bet that he only drinks Coors Lite as well.

He didn't look bothered at all last night. He can hardly run, no pace, deserves no place in our team. He should be embarrassed of the player he has become, and we will be much better off without him here.

nowt in that owen article iyam.

There's nothing at all. Would it be in the match programme if there was anything controversial about it?

Typical media shit-stirring.

Guest Stephen927

He never seems to want to take the ball and hold it up, he always tries and get round the back of his man like he used to but he just simply doesn't have the pace anymore.

Wouldn't be upset to see him leave in the summer, though Shearer will probably try and sort out a deal on smaller wages I'd imagine.

Guest neesy111

true, he's a bottler, and has bottled it whenever he's been at this club

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If we hadn't bottled it when he got a brace at home against stoke/west brom? cannit remember, we would be all but safe now instead of relying on Hull not get another point.

It's painful watching him trying to sprint. Looks like he's running in treacle.

That moment where it broke to him in the first half and he had a bit of space to run at the Boro defence was depressing.

He had Guthrie open to his right and somehow managed to not see him before lobbing an aimless ball into the box. It genuinely looked like he didn't have a clue what to do. Pre-injury he'd have run at the defence and tried to get a shot away, but he just can't do it anymore and he knows it.

He looks shot to pieces mentally at the moment... no confidence, no desire and no fight left in him.

I don't think it's mental, Owen has always had plenty of self-belief. He is shot to pieces, but physically rather than mentally.