Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.nufc.com/

Xisco (Deportivo la Coruna) Our hero watched his side notch a 2-2 draw at Sporting Gijon on Saturday night from the bench, remaining an unused substitute.

Deportivo la Coruna are 1 point above the relegation zone. I wonder if they would be more or less likely to buy Xisco if they got relegated?

They must have one of these clause thingies.

Guest deporik

We're in the relegation zone now, thanks to some extremely crap, far too defensive football earlier in the season and now some terrible refereeing decisions regarding penalties and cards.

To be honest, although the financial status of the club has been getting better year after year, if we suffer relegation this season then you can write off us making any move for Xisco unless he's on a free (which I can't see happening due to the fee you paid to us). Even if we stay up, the fee would have to be fairly small for Lendoiro to let the moths out his wallet.

Xisco's done alright for us although sometimes he's looked slightly off the pace. Held the ball up well and linked up with the midfield quite well too but had to come too deep to do so in what is a fairly slow to get forward side. He's got 2 goals in 7 for us, which considering how lacking we are in an attacking sense, isn't too shabby at all. Imo though, he would do much better playing alongside a quicker player in a duo in a team that gets in crosses and isnt afraid to attack, rather than play as a lonesome striker chasing hoofed balls up front.

We're in the relegation zone now, thanks to some extremely crap, far too defensive football earlier in the season and now some terrible refereeing decisions regarding penalties and cards.

To be honest, although the financial status of the club has been getting better year after year, if we suffer relegation this season then you can write off us making any move for Xisco unless he's on a free (which I can't see happening due to the fee you paid to us). Even if we stay up, the fee would have to be fairly small for Lendoiro to let the moths out his wallet.

Xisco's done alright for us although sometimes he's looked slightly off the pace. Held the ball up well and linked up with the midfield quite well too but had to come too deep to do so in what is a fairly slow to get forward side. He's got 2 goals in 7 for us, which considering how lacking we are in an attacking sense, isn't too shabby at all. Imo though, he would do much better playing alongside a quicker player in a duo in a team that gets in crosses and isnt afraid to attack, rather than play as a lonesome striker chasing hoofed balls up front.

Why was he benched in your last game?

Guest deporik

Why was he benched in your last game?

To be honest, I don't know. Lotina tested a formation in training with Xisco and Riki up front together for a few days before the game and then we were all expecting them to start until an hour before the game when the team was announced and Adrian was in instead of Xisco. As far as I know, Xisco didn't pick up a knock, so I guess it was for  technical reasons. Unfortunately for Xisco though, Adrian scored twice in the 2-2 draw.

Guest BooBoo

Keegan, Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer and Pardew have all been in the dugout during Xisco's time at the club and not one of them rated him enough to trust him with a shirt.

Keegan, Kinnear, Hughton, Shearer and Pardew have all been in the dugout during Xisco's time at the club and not one of them rated him enough to trust him with a shirt.

technically no, was gone before his debut

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Give him a chance or sell him.  He score 2 great goals for Deportivo.

I'd rather have Xisco than Alan Smith.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd rather have some horrible illness than Alan Smith.

I'd rather die tbh.