Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Id be amazed if we get anything other than a 2-0 defeat tomorrow. Ashley Young and Carew are going to have a field day. Midfield looks as shite as ever and Villa will be able to dictate the play from there unfortunately. Wouldn`t shock me if us, Hull & Sunlun all get beat Sun.

I expect Villa's pace to be too much for us. Have a dreadful feeling we'll go down with a whimper.  :no:

Did either of you watch Villa's last game?  Or the one before that?, or any of there last 15 or so?

Watched the Hull game but i have watched us more or less every game this season and seeing how we failed to deal with Carew twice last season coupled with us being fucking shite i see no reason why we wouldn`t get beat especially with 3 out of 4 best back 4 out.

I'm already sick to fucking death of SSN doing that '24' style feature on relegation just because it's the 24th tomorrow. What a steaming pile of shite.

In fact, I'd love for Survival Sunday!!!1! to be decided after about 15 minutes (for better or for worse) just to really fuck up this day they've been billing as much as GRAND SLAM SUNDAY (two games ending 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1).

Id be amazed if we get anything other than a 2-0 defeat tomorrow. Ashley Young and Carew are going to have a field day. Midfield looks as s**** as ever and Villa will be able to dictate the play from there unfortunately. Wouldn`t shock me if us, Hull & Sunlun all get beat Sun.

I expect Villa's pace to be too much for us. Have a dreadful feeling we'll go down with a whimper.  :no:

Did either of you watch Villa's last game?  Or the one before that?, or any of there last 15 or so?

Watched the Hull game but i have watched us more or less every game this season and seeing how we failed to deal with Carew twice last season coupled with us being f***ing s**** i see no reason why we wouldn`t get beat especially with 3 out of 4 best back 4 out.

What he said, basically.  :no:

Guest BooBoo

Id be amazed if we get anything other than a 2-0 defeat tomorrow. Ashley Young and Carew are going to have a field day. Midfield looks as shite as ever and Villa will be able to dictate the play from there unfortunately. Wouldn`t shock me if us, Hull & Sunlun all get beat Sun.

That's the most likely outcome for tomorrow really, all three lose and the bottom stays as it is.

Talksport news reckons Owen is out for the game tomorrow. What a f***ing surprise eh?

Blatantly bottled it.

Obviously just doesn't want to be on the pitch when we're relegated so he can distance himself from the disaster and preserve his market value.

Actually i wonder whether Llambias and Ashley will be at the game or choose not to attend?

If they have brains they'll stay away from this one.

So yeah, I expect both of them to be in the director's box at Villa Park.

Talksport news reckons Owen is out for the game tomorrow. What a fucking surprise eh?

Good, means Ranger steps up the pecking order  :nile:

Mate of mine found a dying magpie in his garden the other day.  He put it in a cardbord box with some water and stuff and took it in the garage, leaving the window open so it could fly out if it recovered and went to uni.  His mates there were saying it was an omen and if it lived, we'd stay up, if it died we'd go down.

He got a text later that day from a housemate asking why there was a dead magpie in the garage...  :weep:

Guest toonlass

Talksport news reckons Owen is out for the game tomorrow. What a fucking surprise eh?

Good, means Ranger steps up the pecking order  :nile:

Mate of mine found a dying magpie in his garden the other day.  He put it in a cardbord box with some water and stuff and took it in the garage, leaving the window open so it could fly out if it recovered and went to uni.  His mates there were saying it was an omen and if it lived, we'd stay up, if it died we'd go down.

He got a text later that day from a housemate asking why there was a dead magpie in the garage...  :weep:

I saw two magpies together yesterday for the first time in weeks. Previous to all the games we have played under Shearer (even the Boro one) I have only seen singular Magpies, so I am desperately hoping that this is on omen.

I saw a magpie chinning fuck out of a sparrow the other week, it had it pinned down on the ground and was pecking the hell out of it, with another sparrow going apeshit and hopping around trying to save its mate.  What does that mean?

I saw a magpie chinning f*** out of a sparrow the other week, it had it pinned down on the ground and was pecking the hell out of it, with another sparrow going apeshit and hopping around trying to save its mate.  What does that mean?

sparrows are soft as shit?

Guest toonlass

i've been out painting white stripes on crows.

:lol:

Got me thinking of Pepe le Pew, when the black cat always ends up with a white stripe on his back.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/pepe.jpg

Guest toonlass

Talksport news reckons Owen is out for the game tomorrow. What a f***ing surprise eh?

Blatantly bottled it.

Like Beye, or is his injury different?

What injury has Michael Owen got? The one that kept him out of Fulham which when scanned showed nowt and mysteriously had disappeared?

Blatantly bottled it.

What injury has Michael Owen got? The one that kept him out of Fulham which when scanned showed nowt and mysteriously had disappeared?

'Groin'  :rolleyes:

Honestly, how can anyone be so injury prone? FFS!!!!!  :rant:

Jesus christ im so fucking nervous! lets fucking have 'em!!!

Blatantly bottled it.

Showed "no serious damage."

Guest toonlass

Blatantly bottled it.

Whatever.....

Blatantly bottled it.

Whatever.....

It must be difficult being a teenager.

Guest toonlass

Blatantly bottled it.

Whatever.....

It must be difficult being a teenager.

Probably. It must be difficult being an Owen apologist.