Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

I just got a very, funny nervous feeling when I realised it's now Sunday. Just the thought of it, by 6pm tonight we could know for sure that we will be playing Championship football next season. Shit, I've know for ages we could go down, but just thinking about it like that now is a horrible realisation.

:weep:

if we need a goal, Owen is the last place we should be looking

And yet he's still our top scorer in all comps and joint top scorer in the league.

and hasn't scored once in the time that Lovenkrands has somehow managed 3 (with a quarter of Owen's time on the pitch)

And yet he's still our top scorer in all comps and joint top scorer in the league.

and hasn't scored once in the time that Lovenkrands has somehow managed 3 (with a quarter of Owen's time on the pitch)

And yet scored about 10 in half a season.

But he's lost all his ability he had....ummm....4 or 5 months ago.

you're saying it as if he was doing something extraordinary, he's a striker in the 'out and out goalscorer' mould and a penalty taker

30 goals in 4 seasons man, you sometimes have to look at the situation and say, perhaps the patches in which he was scoring are the exception

you're saying it as if he was doing something extraordinary, he's a striker in the 'out and out goalscorer' mould and a penalty taker

30 goals in 4 seasons man, you sometimes have to look at the situation and say, perhaps the patches in which he was scoring are the exception

or 30 goals in how many games ?

I'm saying it as if its something extraordinary?  I'm just saying he scored a few goals earlier in the season which loads of people have forgotten about.

As for the 30 goals in 4 seasons....it hasn't really been four seasons has it?  More like two and a half, which is a bad thing obvious- no-one can deny that he's injury prone, but when he plays he scores a fair bit of the time.

1604: Chelsea level. Anelka scores. News reaches the Ronaldo household and Cristiano starts the car - he's got an hour and a half to get to Hull from Cheshire to save the golden boot.

1622: Chelsea go 2-1 ahead. Anelka again. Cristiano is clocked at 225 mph on the M62.

1712: Anelka hat-trick! Hiddink takes him off. Ronaldo trashes his roadster in the KC car park and dashes out to join Fergie on the bench.

:lol:

I had a dream that we scored early, Villa equalised and we went in 1-1 at HT.

Man Utd B are beating Hull 1-0.

We come out all guns blazing in the second half, take a commanding 3-1 lead after 80 minutes, Villa scored their second after 85 and then equalise in the 93rd.

Word gets to the KC, SAF tells the 4th official to play an additional 6 minutes, orders one of his rookie defenders to make a massive mistake and then Hull equalise.

Guest ovesbar

I had a dream that we scored early, Villa equalised and we went in 1-1 at HT.

Man Utd B are beating Hull 1-0.

We come out all guns blazing in the second half, take a commanding 3-1 lead after 80 minutes, Villa scored their second after 85 and then equalise in the 93rd.

Word gets to the KC, SAF tells the 4th official to play an additional 6 minutes, orders one of his rookie defenders to make a massive mistake and then Hull equalise.

:frantic:  :nope:

Don't really know what to say, but know that this, quite probably will be my last post as a Premiership fan.  Going down tomorrow and strangely very excited, but of course terrifed too.  I really hope it's an amazing atmosphere, regardless of outcome.  Let's show them, and make the players realise how big this really is.  HOWAY THE LADS

Don't really know what to say, but know that this, quite probably will be my last post as a Premiership fan.  Going down tomorrow and strangely very excited, but of course terrifed too.  I really hope it's an amazing atmosphere, regardless of outcome.  Let's show them, and make the players realise how big this really is.  HOWAY THE LADS

The 'last post as a premiership fan' is going a bit far.

Even if the worst happens tomorrow, I don't think it's the last time we'll ever be in the premiership.

The 'last post as a premiership fan' is going a bit far.

Even if the worst happens tomorrow, I don't think it's the last time we'll ever be in the premiership.

True.  For the foreseeable future. Except it was my second last now.

Guest RowanB

I would have thought this was an obvious Villa win, but apparently, it's not at all! Villa are 2.39 at Betfair to win. I can't believe it. What am I missing? I thought we were useless. Villa are expected to fail to win. I just can't believe it!

I would have thought this was an obvious Villa win, but apparently, it's not at all! Villa are 2.39 at Betfair to win. I can't believe it. What am I missing? I thought we were useless. Villa are expected to fail to win. I just can't believe it!

where have you been for the last 3 months?

I feel for Ronaldo. I am 8 hours behind - its only 9pm here so I am currently drinking myself to oblivion and then having the alarm going off just before 8AM when teh game starts.

I feel for Ronaldo. I am 8 hours behind - its only 9pm here so I am currently drinking myself to oblivion and then having the alarm going off just before 8AM when teh game starts.

I've got my alarm set at 10 and a bottle of Gin ready.

I live on the tenth floor so I don't even have to get a gun in case I need to  :suicide: