Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Sky Sports think we'll stay up predicting us drawing at Villa and Hull getting beat.

I fully believe they're only out to jinx us saying things will go well :angry:

They're like the only people backing us though.

Hull are at home and we are away, I think that's probably going to be crucial. If we had 50,000 roaring us on I could see a win but away from home? A draw is a real possibility and then fingers crossed Man U beat Hull.

Tomorrow we will feel the worst we have ever felt following this club of ours as it drops out of the top-flight but remember this: better days are ahead, much better days. We'll be back and so will I when the big kick-off down in the Championship comes. See you all in August.

I agree that it will feel awful but you know, for me, I think there is going to be an element of relief that the season is finally over.

We have been rubbish before and I have experienced relegation before back in 89 but I think this has been the worst season to endure because of everything on an off the pitch - for me anyway. I just want it over with.

Only 24 hours left.

Not nervous right now, quite calm. Probably will be all over the place before kick off though.

I have to admit, early part of the week I was ridiculoudly nervous and uptight about it. for some reason I have calmed down as Sunday has approached and I feel ok now.

TBH we gotta get 3 points.  I don't think Hull will lose --- at least a draw there.  So what we should target is Sunderland.  If we get 3 points, they have to get 3 as well --- which is impossible.

Sky Sports think we'll stay up predicting us drawing at Villa and Hull getting beat.

Hull are at home and we are away, I think that's probably going to be crucial. If we had 50,000 roaring us on I could see a win but away from home? A draw is a real possibility and then fingers crossed Man U beat Hull.

We're playing an out of form Villa and our other two rivals are playing Manchester United and Chelsea. I reckon that's more crucial.

I'll be glad when tomorrow is over at last, one way or the other. I was 16 when we last went down in 89, indeed I remember it well having made it to every home game. It's a horrible feeling - make no mistake. What happens in the summer will be crucial to how next season goes. If Ashley can keep Shearer on board (and back him), then we have a bit of hope - if not........

We're playing an out of form Villa and our other two rivals are playing Manchester United and Chelsea. I reckon that's more crucial.

I think Beye and Bassong missing might be even more crucial but let's hope you're right.

Enriques return counterbalances the loss of Beye. We have to hope colo steps up for once. Would rather see Raylor in than Edgar to be honest, just because he has premiership experience and arriving at Villa Park tomorrow to hear that Edgar on the team sheet is not going to be a great start to the day!

Raylor - Coloccini - Taylor - Enrique

That's the best option really, maybe even put in Cacapa instead of Coloccini, if he even exists that is.

Coloccinis form is worrying, i'm a fan of him but his attitude has been shit in lack of words after Christmas.

Are you out of your tiny mind!?!?! :lol: :lol:

The guy hasn't played a competitive game in months, remember what happened the last time we put him in hoping he'd do well? He conceded a stupid goal at Fulham.

Raylor - Coloccini - Taylor - Enrique

That's the best option really, maybe even put in Cacapa instead of Coloccini, if he even exists that is.

Coloccinis form is worrying, i'm a fan of him but his attitude has been shit in lack of words after Christmas.

Are you out of your tiny mind!?!?! :lol: :lol:

The guy hasn't played a competitive game in months, remember what happened the last time we put him in hoping he'd do well? He conceded a stupid goal at Fulham.

Might be worth starting Taylor and Edgar together. Understanding is everything and just as  Bassong and Colo have worked well in tandem at times, there's a possibility that Taylor and Edgar could work well off each other.

Edgar did really well at Stoke.

He coped with their physical approach well, I'd like to see him and Taylor start at CB actually, probably our best bet of coping with Carew.

Pilko, i don't even know if Cacapa would do worse then Colo atm  :undecided:

Even without playing.

Short memory syndrome this like, remember Cacapa against Portsmouth?  People piss and moan about Coloccini but he's never been as bad as Cacapa was that day.

I've never experienced relegation. What does it feel like? Like....how long does it take for it to sink in and for you to get over it?

it's like the first time you go to wembley...afterwards you think "was that it ?"

I've never experienced relegation. What does it feel like? Like....how long does it take for it to sink in and for you to get over it?

Never experienced it either but honestly, we move on. It'll be awful but the club doesn't stop existing and it's not the end of the world.

Because I've been resigned to it for a few weeks now I suppose I'm different but I really can't wait to just get it over with and crack on next season.