Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Errr....is....Beye....injured? I just saw this news somewhere in other forum.  Kidding rite?

Dont worry he was absolutely rubbish against Fulham anyway, despite being a top bloke an all that.

Errr....is....Beye....injured? I just saw this news somewhere in other forum.  Kidding rite?

Dont worry he was absolutely rubbish against Fulham anyway, despite being a top bloke an all that.

and playing injured..

Have just finished 5 law exams in 96 hours and can now turn my full attention to the game, can't see me being any lessed stressed or getting any more sleep over the next few days than I have been all week!

:kasper: OMG

Its only around 10 hours over 8 days.

Not even one exam a day. and law is piss easy

???

Harper

R.Taylor  S.Taylor  Edgar  Duff

Guthrie  Nolan  Butt  Gutierrez

Viduka  Lovenkrands

Subs: Krul, Coloccini, Smith, Geremi, Ranger, LuaLua, Martins

i don't fancy this one little bit, some people's attitudes just don't seem to fit in with reality - villa have been poor for a few weeks, maybe months but there's still a huge gulf between us and them that will only close if we lift our performance somehow

a 50% villa vs normal newcastle is not gonna end in a win for us i'm sure of that

I know but when I think of "Edgar / Raylor vs Young" I feel like the world is going to end before Monday.

----------------Harps

Edgar----Tayls-------Colo-----Jose

Jonas----Guth--------Butt-----Duff

-----------Oba--------Dukes

Krul

Cacapa

Taylor

Nolan

Smith

Ranger

Shola

For Villa Luke & Ashley Young are both doubts..

and playing injured..

Well that would explain it then. He was awful though. You definitely need to be in top condition to play premier league. When do we have 11 on the pitch you can say that about?

Our policy of throwing top money at players with their best years behind them has well and truly taught us a lesson with this impending relegation.

and playing injured..

Well that would explain it then. He was awful though. You definitely need to be in top condition to play premier league. When do we have 11 on the pitch you can say that about?

Our policy of throwing top money at players with their best years behind them has well and truly taught us a lesson with this impending relegation.

aye he played with a knee knock and had painkillers, then his hamstring felt tight but he played on.

I'm no fan of NUFC.com, however I just checked out their site to gauge their mood and in amongst the plethora of advertisements, I found a statement I think is appropriate for this game:

"This battle for survival is far from over. We have to believe that victory will keep us in the Premier League and we have to believe that victory is achievable.

If that isn't enough then we can applaud the team from the pitch, knowing that failings elsewhere ultimately let us down but anything less than three points on Sunday will prove that the men charged with saving this club weren't up to the job."

We've got to do our bit, we've got to win, if we do then we'll have an excellent chance to escape, if not then the club has let us down on biggest day of the season.

i don't fancy this one little bit, some people's attitudes just don't seem to fit in with reality - villa have been poor for a few weeks, maybe months but there's still a huge gulf between us and them that will only close if we lift our performance somehow

Last 10 matches:

Newcastle United - 6 points

Aston Villa - 7 points

That's not a huge gulf like..  Especially considering we had the much harder last 10 matches.

My biggest concern is whether we will be able to handle Villa's pace and power...not that they always use it effectively mind. I suppose one thing we have got going for us is an inspirational manager. I feel far better going into this game being led by a strong character like Shearer rather than a wet sponge like Sbragia or a complete tosser like Phil Brown.

Last 10 matches:

Aston Villa - 7 points

That's not a huge gulf like..  Especially considering we had the much harder last 10 matches.

aye righto, we're almost as good as villa

Guest fraser

Whilst being amongst the first to acknowledge that we've shite since September I have to say that we've had no luck whatsoever (ie the Fulham match) and I'm clinging to the hope that an incredibly lucky performance will get us three points and safety; if it comes down to competency, we're fucked.

Shearer says Jose has trained for the past two days and will be in the squad. Owen hasn't trained yet but should make it.

Doesn't move during 90 minutes anyway so shouldn't be a problem for him.

Guest fraser

Shearer says Jose has trained for the past two days and will be in the squad. Owen hasn't trained yet but should make it.

Doesn't move during 90 minutes anyway so shouldn't be a problem for him.

Bollocks. Walks on and off at least four times.

Anyone wanna join me in chruch Sunday morning? every little helps lads.

:D

Think I'll pass, will be busy on Sunday morning sacrificing chickens and goats to the elder gods.

:D

Think I'll pass, will be busy on Sunday morning sacrificing chickens and goats to the elder gods.

Like I said every little helps

:lol:

Last 10 matches:

Aston Villa - 7 points

aye righto, we're almost as good as villa

You don't think its true?  Villa have been **** since Christmas (like us), has no-one seen then play recently?

If the league started in 2009 Villa would be close to the relegation zone.

I told my pastor I'd be camped in front of the computer, listening to the stream (official!), and drinking a beer come Sunday morning.  He agreed that I'd likely get a lot more praying in than if I came to church.