Darren Ferguson.

Guest fraser

He's got my vote if Shearer does leave. And we go down. Otherwise Wenger, nothing less.

My Peterborough supporting Maths teacher reckons he's completely overrated.

Guest Heneage

He's got my vote if Shearer does leave. And we go down. Otherwise Wenger, nothing less.

Has he found the likes of McClean and Mackaill-Smith or were they already there?

Has he found the likes of McClean and Mackaill-Smith or were they already there?

Already there. Apparently the majority of signings Ferguson himself has made have been cack.

Christ no. Apologies, but there's just something about him that really strongly disagrees with me.

Fuck Darren Furguson. Fuck his lispy accent, and fuck his rubber face.

Darren Furguson out.  :angry:

Guest Heneage

Already there. Apparently the majority of signings Ferguson himself has made have been cack.

they bought Zakuani of Fulham too. His test will come next year and see how his side do in the Championship.

Why would we want the Dad out of Benidorm to be our manager ffs?

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk/images/Steve_Pemberton_in_the_London_production_of_The_Drowsy_Chaperone,_photo_by_Catherine_Ashmore.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/05/article-0-022B326F00000578-208_306x423.jpg

If Shearer does go and we go down my undoubted favourite would be Steve Coppell.

I don't think Coppell would take the Newcastle job.

He walked out on City years ago because he couldn't handle the pressure and is a bit of a strange character. I don't think he would want to deal with the expectation levels of getting NUFC promoted at the first time of asking. 

I still think you'll stay up anyway mind.

Martinez would be great. I would expect he would want to stay at Swansea though.

There is no way that Martinez would leave Swansea for a club like us this summer. He's got the backing of his board, the patience of the fans and the nucleus of a good squad who enjoy playing for him. Why would he leave that (add to this the fact that he has a very strong bond with the club and city)?

Personally I'd love him here, one day he will manage Real Madrid, I honestly believe he has the potential to be that good

Guest guinness_fiend

Wenger?  Have you been smoking crack or I have missed a whoosh here?  If we get relegated to the second tier, we will get a second tier manager.  Ferguson may be within reach unless a better Championship team (i.e. one of the playoff teams that does not make it - an almost guaranteed repeat perfomer come the 2009/2010 season) comes also.

What would scare managers off would be the possibility of a firesale come August, leaving the team bare and needing rebuilding from scratch.  Managers nowadays are not in it for the long-haul.  They want short term results with one team to move to the next. 

Guest Ebolarama

Martinez for me.

Wenger?  Have you been smoking crack or I have missed a whoosh here?

He wasn't being entirely serious, you understand.

Guest Taff

Said it on here a million times, but I will say it again as other people have started to agree.

Robbie Martinez