Bassong: 'I want to leave for my career and my future'

Dave

Not the end of the world, we'll find another one. If he wants to go then sod him. We showed faith in him and he's shown his true colours.

By leaving a relegated club he has shown his true colours.. jeez.  It's like we developed him from a child, some of the responses on this board.

And I think developed him from a child is a bit OTT :lol:

He's a young lad who came from obscurity and was given a chance to shine rather than spend a year edging his way in from the bench, and for him to be the first player to say he wants out is pretty disloyal if you ask me.

"Given a chance to shine" :lol:

We played him because he was good enough. Simple as that. No ulterior motive, he was in the side because it was better for the club rather than better for him. The way you're going on it's as if we knew he was shit but played him anyway and somehow turned him into a Premier League standard player.

If you were at a company which weren't paying you a lot and were going down the swanny and you knew there were bigger and better companies that wanted you and would pay you more you'd move, aye? Same with Bassong.

It's refreshing to see a bit of honesty from a player if you ask me, especially when the likes of Martins and Duff are pledging their future so they're entitled to their loyalty bonus come the day we sell them.

As Skol says, it's not Bassong's fault we got relegated. Even if we were shit but still in the Premiership, I'm sure he'd be happy to stay. Playing Scunthorpe and Doncaster (again) won't do much for his development.

Good luck to him.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: well people go on like we'll never sign a good player again man ffs.

...and would you let them go because you think someone else as good will come along again? Your argument doesn't make sense.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We're not just a relegated club, we're a fucking shambles on and off the pitch. Wouldn't begrudge any player who had served us well a move. THe others can fuck off too because they're shit.

Guest wshmag

bassong,f*** off.

you were decent in a s*** team. you were part of the team that took us down and you're not even going to help the club that gave you a chance in england to take us back up.

f*** off.

And he's a puff!

just when i thought things couldn't get any worse.

Guest toonlass

bassong,f*** off.

you were decent in a s*** team. you were part of the team that took us down and you're not even going to help the club that gave you a chance in england to take us back up.

f*** off.

And he's a puff!

:facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

bassong,f*** off.

f*** off.

And he's a puff!

:lol:

...and would you let them go because you think someone else as good will come along again? Your argument doesn't make sense.

I already said I think he's being disloyal and should play out his contract but just because he's gonna be leaving doesn't mean we won't find another good player. Whats wrong with that?

Guest BooBoo

A good promising player that stood out in a sea of mediocrity. That doesn't make him the next Bobby Moore and he had his fair share of clunkers towards the end of the season.

Fair enough, he played out of poistion at the Stadium of Shite, but I remember him being pretty much roughed up all game, although I would imgaine he would become physically stronger with age.

He did however (and it's a thorough and complete coincidence!) look an excellent centre half under the latter part of the Kinnear era when he was shifted into the middle, but went downhill with everyone else as the season nosedived.

That would be nice, if it went to a new owner who would put that money into buying new players, which in this case wont happen, it will just give Mike som extra pocket money when he will travel to Thailand after selling the club.

:lol:  aye right, and the interested parties will just stand there giggling going "Big Mikey you fat cheeky bastard lolz! Have a Thai massage on us lolz"

:rolleyes:

Guest Stephen927

Whatever fee we got for Bassong would go straight to paying the wages for the likes of Duff who we will have trouble shifting.

Guest Roger Kint

I already said I think he's being disloyal and should play out his contract but just because he's gonna be leaving doesn't mean we won't find another good player. Whats wrong with that?

Are you suggesting Duff, Smith, Geremi, Colo, Barton, Ameobi and any other waste of space should stay as well? Or is loyalty only applicable to players the fans like?

I don't buy this "i don't blame him" shit, tbh.  Last year we gave him a great chance in football by plucking him from a relegated French team and his profile is much higher now that he played for us. Surely loyalty for one extra season, to see if we can get straight back-up, is not a devastating career decision for someone his age? (At least until January) Buffon, Nedved etc did it with Juve.... so why the hell not Sebastian Bassong?

Knew all along that he's just a typical modern-day footballer, tbh.

Er, what?

I just made the point that there's no resemblance to Juve's relegation at all.

And why does it have to have resemblance, ffs??! My point being is that those world class stars stayed at Juve even though they were playing a lower division football. As simple as.

Yeah, and why did they stay? Because they were a great team who were relegated for off-field reasons and were absolutely guaranteed to come straight back up.

Totally different to us. I don't know why you're having a go at me when it was you who brought it up.

Yeah, and why did they stay? Because they were a great team who were relegated for off-field reasons and were absolutely guaranteed to come straight back up.

Totally different to us. I don't know why you're having a go at me when it was you who brought it up.

You do realise that they still lost some good players like Cannavaro, right??

Why don't you answer the first question then..... do you think Bassong would have left had we finished 17th?

The answer is probably no. It's nothing to do with being shit or not. (Unless you think that a team that finishes 17th is WORLD CLAAAAAASS!!! :frantic:)

If we really want to keep him that badly, then we keep him, what's the big deal? We up his wage to £20,000 with the promise of jacking it up to £40,000 should we get promoted. If he keeps complaining, give him a slap.

The club holds the cards here and I don't really see what the fuss is about

Juve weren't relegated because they were a s*** team.

You're saying Bassong would have left had we finished 17th?

I think he would still have wanted away had we stayed up aye, as soon as Arsenal and Spuds made their interest known he was always going to want to be away.