Bassong: 'I want to leave for my career and my future'

Dave

couldnt give a f*** as long as we get a good fee tbh.

eh? WE won't be getting a good fee, the money will not be going towards new players for us, it will be going straight in the fat cunts pocket.

He won't be going anywhere, club will be sold in a few days by the looks of things and if Al gets the job Bassong will be told he IS staying put.

your optimism is a beautiful thing  :thup:

I'm trying, I think if Ashley sells any player its a fkn disgrace, the cunt is selling the club he should sell it with ALL of its squad and let the new owner & manager decide who is sold. I know if I was one of those looking at buying the club I would have made it very clear that I am looking at buying it ALL and that I wuld not be willing to buy it with him selling players before the deal is done.

Aye that's what I would of thought, how can you sell a club for 100m but sell a player right before for 4m or whatever? Won't happen.

I don't see any likelyhood of sales going through at the moment, for much the same reason they won't be making any appointments such as Shearer anytime soon.

That said, (and while I don't believe it for a second) it may be the case that any sale has already been sanctioned by a potential buyer, and besides, if the price is right for Bassong, or any asset, then the money would go back into the company to be purchased, so the overall price shouldn't be affected.

eh? WE won't be getting a good fee, the money will not be going towards new players for us, it will be going straight in the fat cunts pocket.

No. No it wouldn't.

No money has gone into Ashley's pocket FFS, he will be selling the club at a significant loss by the looks of it.

eh? WE won't be getting a good fee, the money will not be going towards new players for us, it will be going straight in the fat c***s pocket.

No money has gone into Ashley's pocket FFS, he will be selling the club at a significant loss by the looks of it.

Selling at a loss maybe he is, but say he gets £12mill for Bassong what do you think he will do with the money?

eh? WE won't be getting a good fee, the money will not be going towards new players for us, it will be going straight in the fat c***s pocket.

Selling at a loss maybe he is, but say he gets £12mill for Bassong what do you think he will do with the money?

The only way Ashley will get any of that money will be if the club goes for sale at £112m...which there is 0% chance of happening.

Otherwise, the cash goes into the club's books.

Since he's negotiating to sell the club he'll either be forced to reduce his asking price for the club by the same amount or he'll have to leave that money in the club.

He cannot sell the club's assets without affecting the valuation of those assets.

Can't blame him for wanting to go. He's good enough to play in the Premiership and he has no real emotional tie to the club so I understand why he's looking to leave this joke of a football team.

He showed much more heart and desire on the pitch last season than half of our other players while on a fraction of the wage. If they'd played to the same level as Bassong then we wouldn't be in this position. I've no doubt where ever he ends up he'll be a success. Good luck to the lad.

Shame we couldn't offer him say a 4-year contract but loan him out for a year.

We loan him out to another club with them paying his wages, and if we go straight up, he comes back for his 3-year contract, and if we don't, he's free to leave as it was only a 2-year deal he signed anyway.

Doubt we can afford that though.

Anyone hazard a guess as to where's he's off?

I'll say he's talking to Arsenal and Spurs.

Bolton and Stoke more like. Looking half decent in our defence isn't going to alert a top 4 club.

Both will have very good centre back pairings if he did go to one of them :(

Stoke having Faye/Shawcross and Bassong or Bolton having Cahill and Bassong. :fwap:

If Ashley sells the club in the next week or so and Shearer is installed as manager, I can't see Shearer letting him go that easily. We can afford to keep him... it's just the other overpriced wankers we want rid of!

Not the end of the world, we'll find another one. If he wants to go then sod him. We showed faith in him and he's shown his true colours.

By leaving a relegated club he has shown his true colours.. jeez.  It's like we developed him from a child, some of the responses on this board.

People are pissed off that one of our best players will be sold by an owner who is selling the club, young lad with real talent who was voted our player of ther season.

The owner is a fat horrible club destryong cunt, why should we not be pissed off over it?

Guest firetotheworks

Not the end of the world, we'll find another one. If he wants to go then sod him. We showed faith in him and he's shown his true colours.

Sorry like, it might not be the end of the world, but getting rid of your best players is quite a big step towards it, especially when we haven't anyone anywhere near a top defender since Woodgate went.

Guest wshmag

bassong,fuck off.

you were decent in a shit team. you were part of the team that took us down and you're not even going to help the club that gave you a chance in england to take us back up.

fuck off.

Obviously hindsight is brilliant, but imagine if we'd gambled on Bassong being a first-choice when we signed him, kept Faye, and then used the £11m Coloccini money on Schweinsteiger.

Slight issue with Schweinsteiger rather sticking forks in his eyes than move to Newcastle.. Other than that I'm sure things would have worked out nicely.

By leaving a relegated club he has shown his true colours.. jeez.  It's like we developed him from a child, some of the responses on this board.

And I think developed him from a child is a bit OTT :lol:

He's a young lad who came from obscurity and was given a chance to shine rather than spend a year edging his way in from the bench, and for him to be the first player to say he wants out is pretty disloyal if you ask me.

:lol: well people go on like we'll never sign a good player again man ffs.

The list of players we've signed over the last few years who have improved when here is hardly long is it? :lol: