Frog w(h)ingers

Mowen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I went for Robert because I was too young to properly remember Ginola. Zog was just another "could've been"  :sadnod:

Could've been about as good as Ruel Fox. Never had the ability to become as good as the other two in this thread.

I bet you didn't think that at the end of the 05/06 season.

No, because I'm a ludicrously optimistic man. In hindsight he was never going to be as good as those two.

I went for Robert because I was too young to properly remember Ginola. Zog was just another "could've been"  :sadnod:

Could've been about as good as Ruel Fox. Never had the ability to become as good as the other two in this thread.

I bet you didn't think that at the end of the 05/06 season.

No, because I'm a ludicrously optimistic man. In hindsight he was never going to be as good as those two.

I agree. I remember comparing him to C. Ronaldo back then.  :-[

Ginola, although he was a bit before me.

Robert always had the potential and the skill, but he just wasn't consistent enough. Could have been a great player.

Hard to achieve that level of brilliance on a consistent basis, like.

I know it is, but as opposed to struggling to be brilliant consistently, he looked as though he just wasn't pulling his finger out. If he just upped the work rate and effort, who knows what could have been?

Ginola wasn't that consistent either... after a solid first season he fizzled out even quicker than Robert did. Largely due to Dalglish apparently.

Remember seeing a documentary on him on French tv around 97, Ginola was saying it was hard enough for him to understand English with Keegan, but with Dalglish it was a nightmare.

I know it is, but as opposed to struggling to be brilliant consistently, he looked as though he just wasn't pulling his finger out. If he just upped the work rate and effort, who knows what could have been?

Can't live with "what ifs" man. Not a personal dig, I just hate the whole philosophy. He was what he was. If he did have the attitude/application to go with it (at all times) then he wouldn't have been playing for us in the first place...

Still think he was fucking ace.

Can't live with "what ifs" man. Not a personal dig, I just hate the whole philosophy. He was what he was. If he did have the attitude/application to go with it (at all times) then he wouldn't have been playing for us in the first place...

Still sends shudders down my spine that our first choices that summer were Zenden and Jeffers

Guest neesy111

the thing about him tracking back was bit flawed, because robert was at his best on the counter attack and tbf i would want him in the final third of the pitch, as he could score from almost anywhere and could create chances

no matter what, robert always put in 1 very good cross / through pass a game which would create a great chance

he got 24 assists in 1 season ffs

that's probably more than this whole team

the thing about him tracking back was bit flawed, because robert was at his best on the counter attack and tbf i would want him in the final third of the pitch, as he could score from almost anywhere and could create chances

no matter what, robert always put in 1 very good cross / through pass a game which would create a great chance

Agree completely, we've got a guy who tracks back very diligently in Jonas but i doubt that's worth as many points as those assists and goals. Just look at the league table.

What I'd give now for a lazy bastard who could provide 24 assists.

Nah, far better to have hard working, proper footballers who offer fuck all but will track back.

Robert was more productive but if it came down to it I would rather have Ginola as he was a better all round player.

Charlie is not in the same class as either of the above mind.

Robert was more productive but if it came down to it I would rather have Ginola as he was a better all round player.

Better looking too.

Stronger, hehlfy looking hair too.

Better looking too.

Stronger, hehlfy looking hair too.

:lol:

Imagine having both Ginola & Robert in the same team? Wouldn't that be great?

Ginola for me.

It'd get a bit congested on the left.

could play ginola through the middle as he did play there very well on a couple of occasions. thats one of the reasons he gets my vote. he was more affective than people think because he took the pressure off our defence when he got the ball in a way robert couldn't and i just think he caused the opposition more problems than robert and was much better to watch.

kept purely to stats robert probably edges it.