Who is guiltily pleased that we're relegated?

S.S.R.
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest MarkMag

Like all fans I'm gutted but I can see the benefits of it as well.

The other thing that occurs to me is how much more exciting the next season is going to be than any of our past 4-5 seasons. Unless you're challenging for the title or the european places the premier league is dull as f***, and we haven't been anywhere near that level for ages. It'll actually be a nice change to be challenging for something important again next season and to be one of the better teams in the league.

Still s*** though!

Totally agree, be good to see us at the top end of the table. But, still feel crap like!!

Guest Brewcastle

The only positive we can get out of the situation is that we can get rid of  clueless owner/board and a bounch of lazy over-paid so-called football-players.

A chance to bring some positive in to the club!

I'm not happy but I'm somewhat optimistic for a new start..

This. Its a catastrophy but hardly one that has come out the blue. I had resigned myself to this several weeks ago, so I am in a position to try and look to the positives.

Still hurts like hell, I have a fucking horrible taste in the top of my mouth and throat. But its something I really think had to happen to get rid of the crap at this club and clean the slate, probably something that should have happened several seasons ago, we have been treading water and papering over the cracks for way too long.

I just hope we get the right people to make the best of the oppurtunity of a new start.

I'm not happy but I'm somewhat optimistic for a new start..

This. Its a catastrophy but hardly one that has come out the blue. I had resigned myself to this several weeks ago, so I am in a position to try and look to the positives.

Still hurts like hell, I have a f***ing horrible taste in the top of my mouth and throat. But its something I really think had to happen to get rid of the crap at this club and clean the slate, probably something that should have happened several seasons ago, we have been treading water and papering over the cracks for way too long.

I just hope we get the right people to make the best of the oppurtunity of a new start.

The shite at our club will still be there.

We won't shift Butt,Shola and we would be lucky to get rid of Duff, Smith as they are all on a fair wage. 

Guest firetotheworks

A part of me wished Villa would have scored a second and third early in the second half to kill us off for sure. The 1-0 scoreline still bothers me because if we had showed some fight, man, that 1 goal is really, really possible.

I can understand that, that's what I wanted if we were to go down. However, the tantalising 1-0 scoreline and the fact that hull and sunderland also lost is actually helping me, because it highlights just how toothless we truly are, that we could have survived with one goal and yet still didn't get anywhere near achieving it. In other words, I don't feel hard done by, we totally deserved it.

A part of me wished Villa would have scored a second and third early in the second half to kill us off for sure. The 1-0 scoreline still bothers me because if we had showed some fight, man, that 1 goal is really, really possible.

I can understand that, that's what I wanted if we were to go down. However, the tantalising 1-0 scoreline and the fact that hull and sunderland also lost is actually helping me, because it highlights just how toothless we truly are, that we could have survived with one goal and yet still didn't get anywhere near achieving it. In other words, I don't feel hard done by, we totally deserved it.

Barry scoring from the Butt giveaway; that would have been perfect.

Whoever votes yes isn't a supporter of this football club and deserves to have a noose next to Llambias and Ashley.

I voted yes , I pay my moeny every year to watch them play , I travel away and no im not trying to look like a super fan , but I think it's the best thing possible that could of happened.

Get rid of the dead wood , build a fresh , hopefully gain promotion first time around and then find our feet in the premier league again.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

saw the funny side when it came to banter with the lads, but i'm gutted because i never thought it would happen.

There are positives to take tbh however depressing it feels now. It is key though that the right decisions are made when we start to rebuild. We need to get rid of the old, slow players and bring in some youth and vibrance. I personally am looking forward to seeing Kazenga Lua Lua get a game over the likes of Damien Duff week in week out, and Danny Guthrie will hopefully start over Nicky Butt etc. I hope we can keep a hold of a couple of players like Enrique and Martins (very unlikely) and i can see perhaps Beye and Viduka both staying, particularly the latter.

It has been a shit season, but last time we came up we took the Premier League by storm with KK, and i hope with the right man in charge (Shearer would be no. 1 choice) we can do the same.

It feels a bit like having a terminally ill pet relative being put to sleep after years of suffering. Definitely not pleased but sort of relieved that it's over.

This.  :sadnod:

It feels a bit like having a terminally ill pet relative being put to sleep after years of suffering. Definitely not pleased but sort of relieved that it's over.

yeah but I'm very close to my pets... not in that way.

I've just realised my edit there wasn't quite the way I'd intended. Makes me sound a bit like Harold Shipman. :blush:

I've just realised my edit there wasn't quite the way I'd intended. Makes me sound a bit like Harold Shipman. :blush:

:iamatwat:

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I suppose it'll be a relief to let someone else be the patsy of the Sky Four and Setanta Six.

I know.  So frustrating we were only a goal away and we didn't even get a corner or anything toget excited about.  I kept just screaming pointlessly while it was in our own half "COME OOOOON! WANT IT!"

As someone said, it made it easier in a way too.  No closely missed chances giving us false hope.

It isn't about them.  Ashley & co. are obviously incompetent. 

It was about doing everything in your power to stop today from happening, for the people that DO care.  You think Shearer is best mates with Ashley?  Or do you think he cares enough to work for him regardless?

One man put his reputation and career on the line, and one man folded at the first sign of pressure.  I won't forgive him.

You mean like Keegan did when he took over a team chilling at the bottom of the second division with a large chunk of the season gone? Just like Bobby, Shearer wouldn't have come within a 100 miles of Newcastle either as a player or manager if Keegan hadn't come along in 92. 

And here's a question - do you think Shearer takes the job if Wise doesn't get sent on his merry way? Do you think Shearer would've stuck around last September if he was in Keegans situation?

Fucking Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.