Who is guiltily pleased that we're relegated?

S.S.R.
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People need to take off their 90's glasses and look at Keegan objectively. The man walked out on us for the 2nd time, setting a series of events into motion that has resulted in our relegation. Had he been a man and stuck it out until the end of the season, we'd be playing Premier League football next season.

Not saying it's entirely his fault, but if you think he's blameless then you're simply clueless.

*in before, LOLOMG YOUR 17 AND THUS CANNOT HAVE AN OPINION ON KEEGAN!!1 LOOOL MESSIAGHHHH KING KEV LOOOOL!!!11*

Guest westamfan

People need to take off their 90's glasses and look at Keegan objectively. The man walked out on us for the 2nd time, setting a series of events into motion that has resulted in our relegation. Had he been a man and stuck it out until the end of the season, we'd be playing Premier League football next season.

Not saying it's entirely his fault, but if you think he's blameless then you're simply clueless.

*in before, LOLOMG YOUR 17 AND THUS CANNOT HAVE AN OPINION ON KEEGAN!!1 LOOOL MESSIAGHHHH KING KEV LOOOOL!!!11*

From an outsider looking in...I thought Keegan was a joke. He has never organized a defence, he's not right mentally and his style of management was still in the 2002 era.

The only change he'd have made to your season is you would have gone down with more than 15 players on 50k a week.

Perhaps you might have stayed up if he got just 1 more result but he was never the right person to take the club forward.

Oh, and neither is Alan Shearer. Appoint a proper manager. Curbishley or Coppell.

From an outsider looking in...I thought Keegan was a joke. He has never organized a defence, he's not right mentally and his style of management was still in the 2002 era.

The only change he'd have made to your season is you would have gone down with more than 15 players on 50k a week.

Perhaps you might have stayed up if he got just 1 more result but he was never the right person to take the club forward.

Oh, and neither is Alan Shearer. Appoint a proper manager. Curbishley or Coppell.

:lol: Who bought you your book of footballing clichés btw? The only one in this thread thread spouting more shite has to be oldtype.

The potential prospects of cleaning the club out, getting some new youngier, hungrier players in and also building a long-term stable structure, are all outweighed by dropping out the top flight.

HA. Had Keegan stayed we'd have been fine. Had Shearer had more time we would have been fine. Coppell and Curbishley would be decent, but Shearer will do better than either of them.

Guest westamfan

:lol: Who bought you your book of footballing clichés btw? The only one in this thread thread spouting more s**** has to be oldtype.

Hmmm, ok, well we'll se next year what happens with Shearer.

Although, if it helps you get over relegation telling yourself KEEGAN would have saved you, (when he didn't and he left you because he is a selfish out of touch mentalist), by all means...keep fantasizing about that.

Meanwhile back in reality, everyone outside of Newcastle thinks Keegan is a joke.

:lol: Who bought you your book of footballing clichés btw? The only one in this thread thread spouting more s**** has to be oldtype.

Although, if it helps you get over relegation telling yourself KEEGAN would have saved you, (when he didn't and he left you because he is a selfish out of touch mentalist), by all means...keep fantasizing about that.

Meanwhile back in reality, everyone outside of Newcastle thinks Keegan is a joke.

They can think what they like as they quite frankly bought the same book of footballing clichés such as yourself.

Guest Petay

I think anyone who is pleased is mistaking that for a sensation of relief at finally knowing our fate.  I am definately feeling that but in no way am I pleased.

Guest westamfan

They can think what they like as they quite frankly bought the same book of footballing clichés such as yourself.

You're confusing cliches for a repeated general public opinion....

How much is KING KEV trying to take from your club at the moment in compensation? I bet you a pint of Newcy brown or whatever that he takes more from you that what the club spend on transfers in this summer.

Oh, and just noticed that you have a Keegan quote at the bottom of every post. How cliche!

How much is KING KEV trying to take from your club at the moment in compensation? I bet you a pint of Newcy brown or whatever that he takes more from you that what the club spend on transfers in this summer.

Oh, and just noticed that you have a Keegan quote at the bottom of every post. How cliche!

You're spouting drivel though. You're telling me he has never sorted a defence out even though we always used to have one of the best defensive records in the league during his first stint in charge. For a man who is a joke and knows nothing of tactics he changed the formation of the team completely last season to save us from relegation. He never went for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 variation we see. He actually went for a full on 4-3-3, something which I don't think I've seen used to such effect in the Premier League. He also rejuvinated Michael Owen, played him in a whole new position.

Not bad like for someone who doesn't really know what he is doing.

Fucking Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

I'm not going to argue either, but that post makes me think that you're probably (at best) a bit of a cunt.

Probably?

Trying to give the benefit of doubt.

Guest westamfan

You're spouting drivel though. You're telling me he has never sorted a defence out even though we always used to have one of the best defensive records in the league during his first stint in charge. For a man who is a joke and knows nothing of tactics he changed the formation of the team completely last season to save us from relegation. He never went for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 variation we see. He actually went for a full on 4-3-3, something which I don't think I've seen used to such effect in the Premier League. He also rejuvinated Michael Owen, played him in a whole new position.

"I don't think I've seen used to such effect in the Premier League"

Apart from Brooking's spell at West Ham when he nearly kept us up on record points....

Viduka played in that 433 you speak of....and he was injured...and so was Owen in this 'new role'...or in this KING KEV staying up fantasy of yours....do they stay injury free and fire you onto a creditable finish?

Wake up fella.

I'm gutted. Strangly I've been getting more and more angry as the day has passed. We're not going to get rid of the over paid wankers in our club because we're down. It's exactly the opposite they're going to stay until their contract runs out and choke this club to death.

The only good thing about this whole mess is that it will make football manager more innteresting.

Guest Brummiemag

Most people I speak to who know about football rate Keegan as a manager. Its mainly ignorant people who believe all the shit they read in the papers who spout this sort of ill informed crap.

League finishes of 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd and 2nd in the 1990's playing the most entertaining attacking football I've ever seen - some fucking joke that

Guest Wally_McFool

Fucking Kevin Keegan. Just thinking about him makes me angry, especially today.

I hate him. I absolutely hate him and hopes he never comes anywhere near football again. And I won't be bothered trying to argue why it's right or not that I feel that way. I just do.

Boo fuckin hoo!  :crazy2:  :frantic:

Guest guinness_fiend

Sorry mate, I didn't see this thread.  I'll copy and paste my thoughts from my thread (http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62224.0.html) below:

---

Ok, so Black Sunday was horrible.  No-one disputes the fact that we all felt and will continue to feel pain when thinking about our spineless performance yesterday against a team that has been on auto-pilot for the last ten games, as well as embarrassment for the season just gone.

The Championship is dire.  We may not be a "big" club by definition, but we are certainly one of the most well-supported and passionate clubs in the country.  Do we really want to be playing against the likes of QPR, Blackpool and Plymouth next season?  The answer is surely an unequivocal "no,"

but...

as the dust settles, does anyone in here think that getting relegated may be a blessing in disguise?

In my eyes, we have had four major problems for the last few seasons:

1.  The managerial roundabout: any club, regardless of its size and stature, requires stability.  In a bid to stop the rot, both Shepherd and Ashley made the mistake of thinking that a new manager could solve all of our worldy woes.  Irrespective of whether Shearer stays or not, I believe that we need one manager for the 09/10 season and one that both the players and fans can get behind.  I do not want a sexy-football-promoting foreign manager, I simply want someone who can steady the ship, make the right decisions when they count (even if we do not agree with them) and have the balls to seize the indisciplined bull that is NUFC by the horns and guide us back to the Premiership, where we belong.

2. Gutless mercenaries:  we currently have on our books a number of players that are either (a) past-it and are happy to pick up an inflated wage packet knowing full well that they are onto a good thing; or (b) are full of their own self-importance and will likely jump ship over the summer.  In any case, a fire sale may be just what we need.  I would prefer to have a team of Championship-standard players that will sweat blood and guts week-in, week-out for us and grind out results when it matters than have a team of pampered primadonnas who do not have the decency to stand up and be counted when the chips are down.  Yesterday's performance was disgusted.  We did not deserve to stay up.

3. A lack of leadership:  I am not interested in getting involved in a pro- v anti-Ashley (or Shepherd) rant, but I honestly believe that Ashley had the best intentions of the club at heart when he took over the club.  Unfortunately, over the last few seasons, it has become obvious that he is far out of his depth and has made some terrible decisions that have not only compunded our problems on the field but also led to the mass discontent of the fans.  Given that he has already lost a small fortune trying to realise an ambition/business plan (delete as appropriate) that has now become unobtainable, Ashley may very well sell up in the summer.  If he does, we need a chairman who will not allow us to be bent over a barrel and pay over-the-odds for average players and who both understands the passion of the fans and has the business and footballing smarts to give the manager and players the best possible opportunity to make inroads into promotion.

4. "Big" club syndrome:  many of us, including myself, have maintained the belief over the last few seasons that either "we are too good to be mid-table" or "we are too good to go down."  We were wrong.  We need to accept that the club is in need of a complete overhaul and that, as fans, we have been arrogant in our belief that we are one of the top clubs in the country.  Come September, we need to exercise patience as the season progresses and give whoever comes the support that they need.  I know that I have thrown a number of clichés around already, but Rome wasn't built in a day and we cannot expect all of the damage caused over the years to be undone in a few months.

I guess what I am saying, in short (because I know some of you suffer from ADHD), is that (as we have no choice) we should embrace the opportunity to destroy and rebuild the club from scratch and make the most of the opportunity.  Sunderland and Hull will get theirs once their players develop ideas above their station and look to move on.  Who knows, a season in the Championship might do players like Carroll, Ranger etc. a world of good and help build a team spirit and fort mentality that has been sadly lacking in recent years.

Keep the faith.

Apart from Brooking's spell at West Ham when he nearly kept us up on record points....

Viduka played in that 433 you speak of....and he was injured...and so was Owen in this 'new role'...or in this KING KEV staying up fantasy of yours....do they stay injury free and fire you onto a creditable finish?

Wake up fella.

Nearly kept you up? Obviously very effective then.

Obviously upto you but I suggest you ignore the moron. He's a supporter of another club, what he thinks is totally irrelevant.

Guest westamfan

Most people I speak to who know about football rate Keegan as a manager. Its mainly ignorant people who believe all the s*** they read in the papers who spout this sort of ill informed crap.

League finishes of 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd and 2nd in the 1990's playing the most entertaining attacking football I've ever seen - some f***ing joke that

Ok, apart from some good finishes about ...well 15 years ago....he's promoted Fulham, walked out on England after a shameful performances in the Euro (good attacking football? bwahahaha) and lost the last ever game at Wembley in another shameful performance (not very attacking or exciting that's for sure)....nearly financially crippled Man City...(anyone remember how angry Bobby Robson was with Distan's decision to join Keegan...just for the money?)...walked out on them when he was told there was no funds....and unsurprisingly when he didn't get it his own way at Newcastle with transfer funds (having been told he was not in the best frame of mind to target players after admitting he hadn't watched a game of football for two years previously?)....walked out again.

King Kev, the saviour, will now try and bank as much money as he can from YOUR club in compensation....

Like i said earlier, if it helps you lot ease relegation by fantasizing about Keegan keeping the club up, by all means go for it....and the guy who said most people outside Newcastle who think Keegan is decent...they don't. I live an work in London and know plenty of football fans from all over the country. Trust me, Keegan is NOT thought highly of other than people in Newcastle.

Which is why teams like Aston Villa take the piss with Ant & Dec messiah jibes

Guest westamfan

Wake up fella.

Nearly kept you up? Obviously very effective then.

Brooking was unbeaten in his spell...and we went down with 42 points....which would have put you in 13th place this season and well clear from the drop.

Guest gggg

Newcastle's and Man City's best manager in my (23 year) lifetime. Must be up there for Fulham too.

Would have been the best manager in West Ham's history if he had done there what he did here.