PROMOTION-(OMETER*)

cp40

this is a message to overseas fans.  This is a belting chance for you to come and watch Newcastle in action.  I honestly will put you up free of charge (where room allows).

As far as money allows, I'll be over as often as I can. My goal is at least 7 home games and 2-3 away.

Guest Phil K

PROMOTION!!!

2 for 1 on all players, whilst stocks last?

Some of these b*st*rds wouldn't be any good as back-ups.

Horsey Owen will be off on the sick within weeks of signing for a new club - Viduka likewise.

Martins is probably the best signing another team - with a midfield as opposed to our version of the Chinese terracotta warriors (who have more life and creativity than our lot)

The rest ? Couldn't care less - they've done enough damage.

Guest firetotheworks

If we do it, it'll be through finishing second. I cant imagine us winning a league, or winning a play off tournament.

Just our luck if we get Scunthorpe away first, it would really hit home then!  :no: Don't want to sound like a snob but I hope we get a club like Forest or Derby.

No offence mate, but what point are you exactly trying to make? That big club Forest which Scunny hammered twice when they last played them?

The prem's loss is the Championship's gain. The Premier's over-rated anyway, s*** teams like Bolton and Hull with ugly managers.

It's that sort of arrogant nonsense that got your club into the mess you're in now.

It is over-rated tho, there are too many teams who only play for survival. The majority of the teams in the bottom half have no interest in playing any football whatsoever.

this is a message to overseas fans.  This is a belting chance for you to come and watch Newcastle in action.  I honestly will put you up free of charge (where room allows).

Haha, i feel there are some intentions there  :-*  Sick f*** ;)

Me, my father and brother hooked up to watch the match today, all Newcastle supporters, we are going over early next season, watch some cola football...

The strange thing, i look forward to it...

I have seen one promotion (was young back then, but do remember it) and basicly just enjoyed the ride in the keegan era, some bumps and turns then the SBR era, good times.

Now its just a landslide, but i think it will make me appriciate the few glimses of success we get in the futher in a completly new way... Kinda like the thought..

When does the championship season kick off???

August 8th or something like that....

Another bad thing about this relegation. My birthday's the 16th and is normally around the weekend of the first day of the Premiership so is a big excuse for an even bigger day of football and drinking than usual. Although an away trip to Blackpool on August 15th wouldn't be bad.

surely one of the craziest/ballsiest statements ever made on this MB?  if not the internet  :lol:

i'll be round like, just saying

The prem's loss is the Championship's gain. The Premier's over-rated anyway, s*** teams like Bolton and Hull with ugly managers.

It's that sort of arrogant nonsense that got your club into the mess you're in now.

Gotta agree with the Bacon.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00470/Gary_Megson_280x390_470256a.jpg

Would turn any man bent.

Guest WHU Lass

Lads, from experience, I can tell you the Championship is not easy to get out of.  Most of the teams will view you as their cup final.  You will find a lot of teams hard to break down.  Shearer (or whoever comes in) needs to buy well, it's a totally different ball game to the prem (are you confident Shearer knows enough about the Championship to bring in the right players, play the right type of football to get you out etc. etc.)?

Sad to see you go, really wanted Hull and their smug manager to be relegated.

I hope you make it back at the first attempt, but don't be under any illusions, it's gonna be tough.

Good luck for next season anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

Lads, from experience, I can tell you the Championship is not easy to get out of.  Most of the teams will view you as their cup final.  You will find a lot of teams hard to break down.  Shearer (or whoever comes in) needs to buy well, it's a totally different ball game to the prem (are you confident Shearer knows enough about the Championship to bring in the right players, play the right type of football to get you out etc. etc.)?

Sad to see you go, really wanted Hull and their smug manager to be relegated.

I hope you make it back at the first attempt, but don't be under any illusions, it's gonna be tough.

Good luck for next season anyway.

:thup: cheers. You've got me thinking now about the type of players that would be needed to break down 11 men behind the ball.

Guest Phil K

The fans will be up for it.

Sadly, the players are always too overpaid to care.

I'm not going to stick a number out there yet - but I predict we will finish 9th in the Championship next season. I'll be readying this to quote with a :smug: in 11 months time, although hopefully not.

Hate to agree, but unless DRASTIC changes are made (and I think thats what Shearer wants to do) like getting rid of the likes of Colliccini Barton etc and bring in GOOD Chumpionship players who are aggressive - in a good way - I'd say 9th is optimistic.