Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coloccini's an absolute must in the first Xl. He's the only one with genuine class, for lack of better words.

As it happens, I wouldn't object to the return of Willicini as neither Sol nor Taylor have looked convincing to me, both are just so clumsy. With players running at them they look like two lorries attempting simultaneous 3-point-turns in a pub car-park.

Coloccini's an absolute must in the first Xl. He's the only one with genuine class, for lack of better words.

As it happens, I wouldn't object to the return of Willicini as neither Sol nor Taylor have looked convincing to me, both are just so clumsy. With players running at them they look like two lorries attempting simultaneous 3-point-turns in a pub car-park.

taylors looked alright if ring rusty from being out for so long but sol apart from vs chelsea has been useless, back to the bench with him.

long live wilicinni once more!

Yup

Think Taylor will take Willows place though, his tongue is far up Pardews ass.

Guest palnese

Yup

Think Taylor will take Willows place though, his tongue is far up Pardews ass.

Based on one picture? Fucking hell.

Taylor wants to be back on the bench asap. Can't base a back 4 around someone who is liable to be off in summer if not the next transfer window.

Well on that basis we cant base it around Sol since he's an old man. Willo was a liabilty in his last few games before the supsension as well. Taylor's earned his place imo.

Taylor wants to be back on the bench asap. Can't base a back 4 around someone who is liable to be off in summer if not the next transfer window.

Well on that basis we cant base it around Sol since he's an old man. Willo was a liabilty in his last few games before the supsension as well. Taylor's earned his place imo.

I disagree. He's still showing all of the faults he had pre-injuries, which is a shame as you'd have thought he'd have learned by now. I have more confidence in Williamson every time.

I disagree. He's still showing all of the faults he had pre-injuries, which is a shame as you'd have thought he'd have learned by now. I have more confidence in Williamson every time.

Have to agree with Tooj here. Taylor still seems to drop off/leave his man too readily and is generally still fairly panicky. I'm not saying Williamson is miles better but on performances this season he deserves to start ahead of him.

On the subject of Sol I'd only play him if the 2 of the other 3 were injured going on recent performances or in cup games like v Stevenage where we could rest Colo/Williamson.

I'd be interested to see the starting line up in the back four for the next game as I think under Hughton that Colicinna and Williamson would have been given their starting place straight back but I'm not sure whether Pardew will go with the same starting 11 against Liverpool or pick his opinion of the best 11.

Definitely our best defender. But it is no way he will stay. He is probably the highest earner and Ashley will as fast as possible sell him. 100 % sure. Probably one of the MANY things Hughton got sacked :sadnod:

Better not bring him in again. Better to play in a new partnership.

I think Taylors strength is needed in some games, but otherwise Colo-Willi should be first choice. They know eachother inside out and have managed well against every team we've played apart from Bolton (where Taylor should've dealt with Davies instead).

I'd be interested to see the starting line up in the back four for the next game as I think under Hughton that Colicinna and Williamson would have been given their starting place straight back but I'm not sure whether Pardew will go with the same starting 11 against Liverpool or pick his opinion of the best 11.

I think he'll look at the beginning of our season, and that Willicini was our first team pairing, and go back to that. Doesn't seem the sort that wants to rock the boat, and will try and keep status quo as much as possible until the furore dies down.

Coloccini and Williamson were even worse against Bolton.

But good the rest of the season, especially Coloccini.

Colo should definitely be straight back in.

Agreed.  I also think Taylor has done well since he came in.  No-one on here will agree but I'd go for Colo-Taylor still.

Coloccini and Williamson were even worse against Bolton.

But good the rest of the season, especially Coloccini.

Colo should definitely be straight back in.

Agreed.  I also think Taylor has done well since he came in.  No-one on here will agree but I'd go for Colo-Taylor still.

I agree with you.