Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's not surprising really. I'm sure we have clubs making enquiries for Colo and Tiote as a lot of clubs would want players like them much like every good player will have clubs showing an interest in them this summer. The only worrying issue is that we have two non-football guys running our club who only look at things from a money making perspective.

Well we'll see if this transpires. Like Sewelly said, the other sales while they might not have been popular still made sense from a footballing point of view. If we sell Coloccini then it would be conclusive proof that the balance sheet is all the current regime is interested in. He was player of the season for most people.

It's not surprising really. I'm sure we have clubs making enquiries for Colo and Tiote as a lot of clubs would want players like them much like every good player will have clubs showing an interest in them this summer. The only worrying issue is that we have two non-football guys running our club who only look at things from a money making perspective.

Well we'll see if this transpires. Like Sewelly said, the other sales while they might not have been popular still made sense from a footballing point of view. If we sell Coloccini then it would be conclusive proof that the balance sheet is all the current regime is interested in. He was player of the season for most people.

Player of the season for the past 2 in my opinion.

Player of the season for the past 2 in my opinion.

:thup: This is the acid test, as it were. We'll see what transpires. This story generally seems like a steaming pile of pointless bullshit.

Makes no footballing sense - Pardew recognises Colo enables us to play from the back. Also makes little financial sense in that a replacement of Colo's calibre would cost almost as much in wages and probably more in fees. The only angle I can see is if Enrique and Jonas are to be sold and maybe he gets unsettled but we're a long way from that.

Makes no footballing sense - Pardew recognises Colo enables us to play from the back. Also makes little financial sense in that a replacement of Colo's calibre would cost almost as much in wages and probably more in fees. The only angle I can see is if Enrique and Jonas are to be sold and maybe he gets unsettled but we're a long way from that.

Would be on cheaper wages though...

If you get someone class in it's going to cost at least £10m and £50k pw so I don't see where the saving is over the next two years. All that could be gained is signing someone for five years and avoiding the difficult contract negotiation with Colo that needs to occur in the next 12 months. It feels like a change too far for this summer.

It would be daft to sell for anything less 8m considering he was bought for 10

Any idea what kind of wedge he's on? this could be a factor?

I'd be surprised if he wasn't the highest earner at the club. According to an article in the Mirror which listed Guthrie as being on £4k it has Colocccini on £80k.

It's only himself (linked away), Jose and Barton (gone soon), Smith (told to do one), and Xisco (I'd be flabbergasted if he wasn't available) that are likely to be on a "bigger"wages. Get them out and that'll take a huuuuge chunk off the wage bill which seems to be the main objective these days when it comes to sales. In fact it's only Jonas who hasn't be linked or told to do one.

On a seperate note if he does go to Sevilla thats a pretty good defence they'll have with him, Fazio, Navarro and Caceres.

Absolute must keep, one of our best performers. We need to be careful that we don't rip the spin out of the team and end up with ten new faces that don't know the club or the league.. Evolution not revolution.

I can see this one being a goer now. :undecided:

http://www.abcdesevilla.es/20110618/deportes-sevilla/sevi-agente-coloccini-advierte-dificultad-201106180007.html

Quotes from his agent in the Spanish press.

"It is not to say that the player could not end up at Sevilla, for he is proud that a club of this calibre is interested in him. However, to be realistic about the situation, the player spent some great years in Spain, and they could try, but I notice it wouldn't be an easy transfer".