Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For me selling Colo for something like 5~7m would be an automatic no-questions-asked ticket back on to the Ashley-hate bandwagon. It just shows that we have no intent for steady progress whatsover.

isn't the sun article basically just the ones from spain saying they like him but can't afford him, stop panicking people

It's the stuff from his agent which slightly worries me. Although I guess he knows fine well they can't afford him so is just saying that since he was asked by a Seville newspaper, "oh course, Sevilla, massive club, he'd be interested sure...how much a week? Aww too low sorry..."

The only thing keeping me hopeful is that surely nobody could afford his wages.  :undecided:

The only thing keeping me hopeful is that surely nobody could afford his wages.  :undecided:

The good thing I believe for us is, I still don't think other English clubs would go for him, and Spanish clubs wouldn't even match the negotiated wages imo. I think he'll stay if it's from a money perspective.

Those quotes are hardly conclusive proof he's away like. They basically read as "he's spent some good years in Spain and is flattered that Sevilla want him but it probably wont happen".

Chill out.

Totally, I agree, just difficult to avoid the selling all our best players vibe around here recently.

I'd love to see him as captain next season.

:thup:

Captaincy is a bit of a symbolic entity for the most part, and really it should be given to the player that leads by example, can't think of anybody better than Coloccini.

I'd love to see him as captain next season.

:thup:

Aye, it looks like we're building a real on-the-deck side and I can't think of a better ambassador for that kind of team, than our curly-haired maestro.

I agree. If we look back he was basically the first piece of our gradual move to a more classy side so it's only natural he should be the leader of it now that it's coming to pass.

Three 'unsellables' - Tiote, Colo and Ben arfa, Id add Enrique to that list but our hands are tied somewhat with him. Genuine quality ball playing centre halves are at a premium, his hair alone is worth his transfer fee and wages so far.

Think we'll sell him next year for what its worth.

Three 'unsellables' - Tiote, Colo and Ben arfa, Id add Enrique to that list but our hands are tied somewhat with him. Genuine quality ball playing centre halves are at a premium, his hair alone is worth his transfer fee and wages so far.

Think we'll sell him next year for what its worth.

:sadnod:

He'll be in the same position as Nolan and Barton regarding a new contract.