Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we might realise just how good Coloccini is at CB when we see Taylor and Williamson together today.

Yep, I can see some positives (see my post about a minute ago) but it would have made more sense (imo) to play Taylor in midfield or Ferguson left, Jonas right and Barton cm.

Another mistake by Pardew, basically.

This is unfortuantely what happens with managerial changes - over-hyped shite like Taylor get an extension on borrowed time, and failed experiments get retried . We've just got to hope he learns this lesson. I'm sure he will.

This is unfortuantely what happens with managerial changes - over-hyped s**** like Taylor get an extension on borrowed time, and failed experiments get retried . We've just got to hope he learns this lesson. I'm sure he will.

This.

Hughton would never have done it, but I understand why Pardew tried it given the circumstances.  He might even have got away with it had Coloccini been playing in front of someone other than Saylor, and beside Tiote. 

But it's an experiment.  It failed.  Pardew'll learn, and we'll move on.

This is unfortuantely what happens with managerial changes - over-hyped s**** like Taylor get an extension on borrowed time, and failed experiments get retried . We've just got to hope he learns this lesson. I'm sure he will.

This.

Hughton would never have done it, but I understand why Pardew tried it given the circumstances.  He might even have got away with it had Coloccini been playing in front of someone other than Saylor, and beside Tiote. 

Hughton also made his mistakes. I'm only thinking about his 70th minute + substitution when a half-time change was requiered.

This.

what shite ! few alternatives today, taylor done little wrong, kept bents movement very quiet to the point where he had one offside chance all game.

Can understand why it was tried, like others have said. But I expected a loss when I saw Williamson and Taylor at the back. Colo pretty much controls our back 4. I dare say it's also what may have caused Jose to be a bit off-form.

This.

what shite ! few alternatives today, taylor done little wrong, kept bents movement very quiet to the point where he had one offside chance all game.

wasnt that actually onside? bent also missed a piss easy chance with that header.

what s**** ! few alternatives today, taylor done little wrong, kept bents movement very quiet to the point where he had one offside chance all game.

You're like a sillier version of Alan Shearer. Not to mention the fact that Bent scored a perfectly legitemate goal.

what s**** ! few alternatives today, taylor done little wrong, kept bents movement very quiet to the point where he had one offside chance all game.

You're like a sillier version of Alan Shearer. Not to mention the fact that Bent scored a perfectly legitemate goal.

except that he was offside.

except that he was offside.

???

Bit of a failed experiment today to be fair. Colo barely had any of the ball and kind of struggled positionally. Thought Taylor was poor and despite chasing we looked more solid with Willocini at the back.

Bit of a failed experiment today to be fair. Colo barely had any of the ball and kind of struggle positionally. Thought Taylor was poor and despite chasing we looked more solid with Willocini at the back.

don't know if it was his fault of gutbhries but danny seemed to be always behind colo.....not the way we'd have expected it to be.

Aye he looked just unsettled & undecided when in CM, should he hold and protect the back four or push on and back up play.

Was strange from pards but really it was the least of our worries today.

Guest neesy111

His hindrance in CM was having Guthrie next to him who isn't exactly the best of players to play alongside with.

His hindrance in CM was having Guthrie next to him who isn't exactly the best of players to play alongside with.

maybe or maybe thats finding excuses. he had a poor game and for someone supposed to be DCM was often caught ahead of his central partner.