Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest toonlass

Much as I love Lovenkrands, and he will get some goals, we do need a prolific goalscorer.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Lovenkrands isn't quick though.

Lovenkrands is probably one of the quickest players in the premier league, imo, up there with Walcott, Lennon, Agbonlahor, Bellamy and even our very own Jose Enrique

Sorry, but that is just laughable- really  ;D

He is quick, but not that quick

Ye he is quick but not super quick.

What makes him look quicker is his movement.

In terms of movement, I personally think he is one of the best, thats what seems to give him the extra couple of yards in behind defenders.

He as that ability to spread the defence allowing the midfield to break through, or with the right midfield a little through ball and he is definatly in. I mean just look at what happened when he came on in the qpr match.

I think he is the perfect foil for Carroll, who battles away with the centrebacks but is not quite as mobile

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Much as I love Lovenkrands, and he will get some goals, we do need a prolific goalscorer.

With what, brass buttons?

Sure Harry Redknapp knows a man who can sell us something for brass buttons.

I think Lovenkrands goal tally more depends on the midfield

Every game he is getting into the right positions and if he is put through he hardly ever misses.

It all depends if we have someone in midfield that can put the ball through for him to run on to. Guthrie and Barton have the ability to do that

Guest neesy111

as with our strikers mainly carroll, how many goals we score depends on the service from our midfield.

remember it was when routledge was signed that carroll and lovenkrands went on their good scoring run's last season

Guest toonlass

With what, brass buttons?

Exactly. We are fucked!

Lovenkrands hasn't scored regularly at this level in his entire career, why would he start now? He'll be an absolute passenger in the PL.

Rubbish. He hasnt had a fair enough run in the PL for you to make that comment. The last time he played for us in the PL, the club was in a total state of shambles. I doubt even bloody Rooney would have performed for us under those circumstances.

And you are one of these people screaming for the club to sign that well known PL greyhound, Kris Boyd?

Take a reality check, mate. Our options are limited and if we have to go with what we have, then Lovenkrands will score goals in the PL given good enough service.

Personally, I'm happy to have him there as an option, but the same applies for Shola tbh.

I think we need a striker to start alongside Carroll, or Frank Lampard could play in behind him I guess.

Lovenkrands is fairly pacey, but he's also an intelligent footballer who works the channels well. He's certainly an option to have.

He works the channels well against shocking defenders.

Lovenkrands hasn't scored regularly at this level in his entire career, why would he start now? He'll be an absolute passenger in the PL.

Rubbish. He hasnt had a fair enough run in the PL for you to make that comment. The last time he played for us in the PL, the club was in a total state of shambles. I doubt even bloody Rooney would have performed for us under those circumstances.

And you are one of these people screaming for the club to sign that well known PL greyhound, Kris Boyd?

Take a reality check, mate. Our options are limited and if we have to go with what we have, then Lovenkrands will score goals in the PL given good enough service.

How many times did Lovenkrands score against teams who finished in the top half last season? He's not PL class, not even close.

As for Boyd, there isn't one person on this board "screaming for the club" to sign him, that's all in your head. Most of us just see that on a free, his signing would represent a nowt to lose, everything to gain situation.

He's not costing much, can finish when on form, injects some pace none of our other strikers have and seems to be a canny guy to have around.

I'd like someone faster and more reliable who can create as well as score, but we've got no money and no chance of signing someone like that.

Lovenkrands is fairly pacey, but he's also an intelligent footballer who works the channels well. He's certainly an option to have.

Didn't he beat the Man Utd offside trap a couple of seasons ago to score at St James'? Being that the case, would you call Vidic and Ferdinand "shocking defenders"?

Didn't he beat the Man Utd offside trap a couple of seasons ago to score at St James'? Being that the case, would you call Vidic and Ferdinand "shocking defenders"?

He only really scored because of Van Der Sar's spill, but whilst he has been brilliant for us this season, we do need to sign a striker capable of scoring 15+ goals in the Premiership......

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm more than happy to have both Carroll and Lovenkrands at the club but I have no great confidence in having both starting up top, we do need a striker- Lovenkrands could be a useful player- He still has excellent movement, is pacey- Carroll will battle hard and is still young, but I wouldn't have too much hope playing both up top againt PL opposition.

Whoever says Lovenkrands isnt fast has to be on crack...when we signed him (as a 28/29 year old...) he was insanely quick, seriously rapid. He has lost a yard maybe over the last year cos of his age but to say he isnt quick is ridiculous. Put a ball over the top and he can race clear of most defenders no problem. Only the likes of Micah Richards realistically could keep up, and he'd probably misjudge the bounce anyway...

Id put him as probably our quickest player still...Jonas and probs Routledge 2nd/3rd...