Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The one 1st team striker poorer than Harewood.

Utter nonsense.

Agree. He's been barely used, he's played up front once alongside Harewood, our worst striker, and played twice on the left wing and once on the right wing, where he struggles. If he is used as a striker alongside Carroll/Ranger/Ameobi, he would be an excellent player for us.

Guest toonlass

And that completely eliminates the possibility of Lovenkrands exaggerating his knock?

For the record, I've stated it's a possibility, nothing more, which does strongly imply that I may be wrong. I'm just voicing an opinion on a suspicion I have, as pessimistic as that may be.

If he was acting hurt that day, he's in the wrong profession.

Yeah he even tricked Shearer and several medical staff at both the club and hospital, still am sure tmonkey knows more from his lofty perch in the stand.......

It'd be easy for someone to say "I can't breathe properly", put an oxygen mask on and sit on a hospital bed for a few hours in order to "pull a sicky", and even if Shearer suspected something he'd not do anything (in public) but back his player since he'd probably be facing a legal battle if he made any unfounded accusations in the media.

It's a possibility, that's all I'm saying. I don't see how you can rule it out without knowing for a fact what the medical staff could ascertain at the time. Maybe someone of them had raised eyebrows whilst Lovenkrands was woffling down the hospital jelly? Who knows? Having mild asthma, I faked an attack once to get out of doing 30 minutes of jogging at school, and there's f*** all any of the medical staff at the school (well, just an incompetent nurse and a few PE teachers) could have done to prove that I wasn't having breathing difficulties.

I fully accept that accusing Lovenkrands of exaggerating an injury is both harsh and based on thin air, and also it would be a pretty extreme thing of Lovenkrands to do to weasel out of a game when there are easier options such as pretending a muscle has been pulled. So I agree, I most likely am wrong on this matter.

That still doesn't take away my gut feeling at the time that the effects of a knock that you see practically every week in football was far greater than the cause (and I say that whilst appreciating that this might have been an exception/one off/Lovenkrands might be weak/etc). Lovenkrands didn't look interested last year at times for us in my personal opinion, hasn't looked interested this season (although that is apparently due to family issues), and hence when you combine the knock + the "zomg I can't breathe for 5 minutes now" + his possible disinterest + the knowledge that numerous players down the years have faked injuries whilst with us + the reports of Shearer's training regimes being alot stricter + the notion that no other clubs really wanted to look at Lovenkrands (maybe others know something we don't), is it still too unreasonable that there might be 0.05% of a chance that Lovenkrands may have exaggerated a hard knock to the back because he wasn't up for a few touch matches and a few weeks of tougher training?

So apart from you, who else has accused Lovenkrands of faking his injury? You have spent an awful lot of time thinking this out haven't you? Sure you haven't got a grudge against him?

The one 1st team striker poorer than Harewood.

Utter nonsense.

Agree. He's been barely used, he's played up front once alongside Harewood, our worst striker, and played twice on the left wing and once on the right wing, where he struggles. If he is used as a striker alongside Carroll/Ranger/Ameobi, he would be an excellent player for us.

Totally agree with this, I don't think he's yet played a total of 90 minutes upfront since rejoining. The very limited time he has played up top he has looked quite lively and purposeful, how anybody can say he is worse than Harewodd is absolute rubbish.

Guest Roger Kint

I managed about 11 words of that before deciding that my initial assessment of idiot was indeed justified. Apologies if some semblance of common sense breaks out after that but somehow i doubt it :idiot2:

In other words, "I can't be bothered to respond so I'll resort to insults".

Again, didnt read the rest. Like Blef said you seem to have some bizarre grudge against the bloke, judging by your desperate attempts to claim hes a cheat. Unsurprisingly you play the poor victim instead of answering why only 5 of our squad managed 25 games last year......no lets wage a witchhunt on a bloke who has the full backing of Shearer and various QUALIFIED MEDICAL STAFF!

Your pathetic ramblings are laughable tbh. You bleat about insults while post almost slanderous claims against a bloke..... :idiot2:

So apart from you, who else has accused Lovenkrands of faking his injury? You have spent an awful lot of time thinking this out haven't you? Sure you haven't got a grudge against him?

In order, not sure, only as long as it took to type it out, I'm not sure as I may be a bit bitter towards him after he thought himself too good for us at the end of last season, only then to crawl back after it was clear noone in a top flight league was going to touch him with a barge pole. Just like when Michael Owen was saying he was too good for us whilst at Real Madrid, we should have told Lovenkrands to fuck off, rather than giving a 29 year old with his best years long behind him (years which weren't all that great in the first place) a 3 year contract. On top of this, there's the suspicion that he's another in a long line of footballer in the twilight of their careers coming here for an easy last big payday. So on top of telling him to fuck off after his declaration through his agent that we weren't an option for him, we should have doubly told him to fuck off when he was asking for a 3 year contract. 1 year with the option to extend, maximum two, but 3? There's absolutely noone who is going to take him off our hands if he flops, so in all likelihood he's here for the next 3 years whether we like it or not.

I dislike him slightly as a footballer based on what I've seen in a B&W shirt. Lightweight, contributes nothing to buildup, has pace but doesn't use it effectively because he's not talented enough to do so, useless in wide areas, useless in the middle. The only thing he's borderline half decent at is getting on the end of chances, chances which we aren't going to create with the current squad. In short, I think he's going to turn out to be a mistake, although naturally I'll be happy if I'm wrong, and I'll certainly agree that he's not been given a chance in this division yet so I am being hasty in any judgement.

I think I was more disappointed in his attitude after the injury rather than doubting he suffered one. He gave an interview where he didn't sound like he fancied getting back on the pitch in a hurry. I accept he might have been shaken by the injury but usually players are counting the days when they can get their boots back on.

Incidentally, I don't have any grudge/disregard/personal vendetta against Lovenkrands, I was all for re-signing him this season, I'm sure there are plenty of quotes knocking about.

Guest Roger Kint

In order, not sure, only as long as it took to type it out, I'm not sure as I may be a bit bitter towards him after he thought himself too good for us at the end of last season, only then to crawl back after it was clear noone in a top flight league was going to touch him with a barge pole. Just like when Michael Owen was saying he was too good for us whilst at Real Madrid, we should have told Lovenkrands to f*** off, rather than giving a 29 year old with his best years long behind him (years which weren't all that great in the first place) a 3 year contract.

What world are you in? The bloke got a LETTER off the club saying he wouldnt be getting a contract, how is that his fucking fault? :idiot2:

In order, not sure, only as long as it took to type it out, I'm not sure as I may be a bit bitter towards him after he thought himself too good for us at the end of last season, only then to crawl back after it was clear noone in a top flight league was going to touch him with a barge pole. Just like when Michael Owen was saying he was too good for us whilst at Real Madrid, we should have told Lovenkrands to f*** off, rather than giving a 29 year old with his best years long behind him (years which weren't all that great in the first place) a 3 year contract.

What world are you in? The bloke got a LETTER off the club saying he wouldnt be getting a contract, how is that his f***ing fault? :idiot2:

As tacky as it may have been from Llambias, the letter was a response from the club after his agent had announced that Lovenkrands wanted to play in a top flight league (and declaring an interest in Sunderland).

I managed about 11 words of that before deciding that my initial assessment of idiot was indeed justified. Apologies if some semblance of common sense breaks out after that but somehow i doubt it :idiot2:

In other words, "I can't be bothered to respond so I'll resort to insults".

Again, didnt read the rest. Like Blef said you seem to have some bizarre grudge against the bloke, judging by your desperate attempts to claim hes a cheat. Unsurprisingly you play the poor victim instead of answering why only 5 of our squad managed 25 games last year......no lets wage a witchhunt on a bloke who has the full backing of Shearer and various QUALIFIED MEDICAL STAFF!

Your pathetic ramblings are laughable tbh. You bleat about insults while post almost slanderous claims against a bloke..... :idiot2:

On the one hand, you claim you didn't read my response to you. Yet on the other hand, you're also saying that I've failed to respond to one of the points you've brought up. How could you know if I haven't responded unless you read it?

If you had read the response you clearly feel yourself too good to bother reading, I've given a listen of reasons why I was a tad suspicious about Lovenkrands' injury. It's common sense that unless a similar list of reasons exist for other players, then I've no reason to doubt an injury. I don't see what the relevance of this "discussion" is to only 5 players having played more than 25 games last year (obviously reasons include injuries and player sales). Even so, I had already mentioned Martins' "injury" prior to the Stoke game (which Shearer/Dowie also backed eventually and which had also undergone medical examination by the club's staff).

As for slander, saying a football player may possibly have exaggerated an injury whilst also stating that I am in all probability wrong on the matter, is to my limited knowledge not slander or defamation. Whereas calling someone an idiot repeatedly just because they're voicing an opinion on a football forum that differs to yours (an opinion that you can't even be bothered to respond to in a civil manner - maybe because you're unable to?) is pretty pathetic (imo of course).

Guest Roger Kint

You're a prize pillock. Of course i didnt read your whole posts, the same way i havent read all of that pile of crap either although i deserve a medal for suffering through the first paragraph of shite.

The reason i know you havent answered about other players is because every bloody post from you is more deluded bullshit from an idiots perspective of football. The player's word isnt good enough for you, the manager's(and toon legend no less) word isnt good enough for you and the club's medical staff and local hospital staff arent good enough for you, no you just continue to trawl out pathetic nonesense about this bloke exaggerating injury to cheat our club when he only missed two fucking matches then you mince about wondering why i ask where the over the top hysteria for other players who missed far more for far less is?

Seriously we get it you're a total moron, you have a serious problem with the bloke and you seem to live in a bubble where reality has no bearing now please just shut up about this pointless vendetta!

Oh and if you really are as stupid as you sound to think the club told him by letter BECAUSE his agent said he would consider Sunderland then you probably should refrain from replying, you have acheived the maximum level of stupidity possible already so you would be pissing in the wind

That's just pathetic, Roger Kint.

If you want to talk about avoiding points raised, how about you answer why Shearer, Dowie, and implicitly the club's medical staff have all said that Martins did not feign an injury prior to the Stoke game, and then explain why many of our fans are of the opinion that he did, and many more who will have thought it a possibility? Because they're all "idiots"?

I think I was more disappointed in his attitude after the injury rather than doubting he suffered one. He gave an interview where he didn't sound like he fancied getting back on the pitch in a hurry. I accept he might have been shaken by the injury but usually players are counting the days when they can get their boots back on.

This is what I'm trying to get at. Thanks for having a bit of common sense.

It's acceptable if he was shaken on matchday, but 2 weeks or whatever it was? Did he have a punctured lung or something? Just seems so odd. I accept that I'm not a medical expert or know fuck all about the subject, but as a football fan you see those sorts of clashes every week, and normally a player picks himself up after a few minutes, or if he's unlucky has to go off due to a clash of heads/bad back/etc. But winded for a week or two? That's a rarity.

It's entirely possible that he was genuinely injured because of the knock during that period, just as it's possible that he may have recovered a bit early but had the same family issues which he's been suffering from this season, so who knows. I just find it difficult to see how someone can't even entertain the notion that the injury may have been exaggerated to get additional paid time off.

Guest Roger Kint

If they think they know better than Shearer, Dowie and the medical staff that looked at him them yes they were idiots like you. Happy?

The numerous people who believe Martins may have feigned an injury the morning of the Stoke game don't pretend to know "better than" Shearer & Co. They just know that most managers will often protect their players, players who they need to give the benefit of the doubt as per the protocols of managing a team/squad, and will also avoid making baseless accusations in the media about their own players for which they have no proof. They know that some injuries can't be verified visually, or by scans, or x-rays, hence why the only option for a manager might be to accept what the player says. It's why players can often get away with feigning injury or exaggerating the time it takes to return from one, something which we all know happens in football (and in recent years has been reported at various times to be a problem at this club).

So am I happy with your assessment of people who think Martins may have feigned an injury that day? No, I wouldn't say I am. You can believe whatever official line you want, that's fair enough, but to claim that any other view is "idiotic" is senseless imo.

To suggest Martins was a hard working professional is ridiculous.

Obafemi Martins gave a shit when Obafemi Martins felt like giving a shit. Half of the time, if he worked any less harder on the pitch he'd have fallen asleep in the centre circle.

He'd have easily been a cracking player had he pulled his finger out more often. Stoke was another example of him sticking the finger firmly up there.

Say, what you want about Martins' work ethic  (frankly these arguments were boring when he was actually at the club, so I won't go into them), but he clearly did not "feign injury" before the Stoke game. The guy was clearly dealing with a real injury in every game after Stoke, and was yet to fully recover well into the time with his new club. The idea that he was so scared of Stoke, he feigned his way into surgery is absolutely insane.

As for Lovenkrands, I just remember that injury being pretty awful on the pitch. It was pretty serious wasn't it? Didn't he spend a decent amount of time in the hospital? I don't think either player faked. If you're going to fake, wouldn't you claim sprained ankle or something, instead limping through five matches (Oba) or pretending to die (Peter)?

Doesn't anyone question why Lovenkrands has failed to settle at some of the biggest clubs in Europe? Quite frankly, considering we have a left winger who can't cross or shoot in Gutierrez, and a forward line up where he'd be behind Carroll, Harewood and Ranger you have to wonder what he's doing wrong? Or maybe he just doesn't want it enough?

Doesn't anyone question why Lovenkrands has failed to settle at some of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Which clubs would these be?

Doesn't anyone question why Lovenkrands has failed to settle at some of the biggest clubs in Europe?

Rangers, Shalke and Newcastle had a decent pedigree in Europe duirng Lovenkrands playing career I believe. 

Rangers, Shalke and Newcastle had a decent pedigree in Europe duirng Lovenkrands playing career I believe. 

None of them are the biggest clubs in Europe, not even close and Shalke is the only club he really failed to settle at.

He has said he has settled in the area here and it's no surprise he has been struggling a little of late with his old man suffering from Alzheimer's.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...