Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

He still has no place in a PL squad. So he should be getting occassion goals; given that he doesn't really create, hold the ball up, link play or defend from the front.

Take it easy, Ronaldo. No one here is saying Peter is good enough for a starting place here or even being 3 choice. But fact is he is here and that he more or less delivers ok against average teams. has scored 5 goals and made some assists.

He is acting quiet professional and his work rate is ok during matches. He seems to get in position a get chances which is important!

We (you) should stop being so negative and accept he has done better than we actually though he would after Caroll left.

He will probably not play a part next year and he knows it... so just be happy when delivers like yesterday O0

I have been on his case all season, hate to see him starting but credit to him, he was great yesterday and is a very unselfish player.

And he was great against WH and Bham too. That's NINE points. Did Oba, Viduka or Owen score against those kind of opponents? No! That's why we were relegated.

I have been on his case all season, hate to see him starting but credit to him, he was great yesterday and is a very unselfish player.

And he was great against WH and Bham too. That's NINE points. Did Oba, Viduka or Owen score against those kind of opponents? No! That's why we were relegated.

Yes. Martins scored 8 in 24 & Owen 8 in 24, Lovenkrands has 4 in 18. They all were useless cunts though for the whole. The difference was that Owen, Martins and Viduka didn't perform to expectations whereas any goals Lovenkrands scores are a bonus as no-one really expects him to do anything.

He did areet yesterday, like. He was involved in all of the first three goals (his pressure on the defender for Nolan's goal was what presented Williamson with the ball), and probably should have had a penalty.

I still grimace when I see his name in our starting line-up, but he does have the occasional efficient game when he scores. If he makes anything more than fleeting cameos and cup appearances next season however, we should all be very worried.

I do give him some credit for his goal. As Barton's ball came across the box, the ball bobbled up just before he hit it - was fully expecting it to end up in the Gallowgate :laugh:

Instead of celebrating the goal, I just screamed "FUCK ME, HES' HIT THE TARGET!!!" :lol:

Ranger wouldn't have used Wolves' high line and thus wouldn't have scored the third goal yesterday, had he been playing instead of Lovenkrands. I doubt he'd have finished it either. He's still a generally intelligent player, and that's why i've always advocated having him in the side above Nile (aside from before yesterday's game, funnily enough).

Still w***. Ranger would do his job better.

He probably would but with no premier league goals to his name and limited experience Pardew isn't going to put him in ahead of Lovenkrands. It's catch 22 with the likes of Ranger and Vukic. Personally I think they'll bring far more to the team than some current first teamers but until they are proven they won't be picked ahead of them.

How can you say that without them playing enough and without seeing them in training? I've heard more than pardew say they aren't ready yet.

Ranger wouldn't have used Wolves' high line and thus wouldn't have scored the third goal yesterday, had he been playing instead of Lovenkrands. I doubt he'd have finished it either. He's still a generally intelligent player, and that's why i've always advocated having him in the side above Nile (aside from before yesterday's game, funnily enough).

I am still torn on which one starts but this is a very good post.

ps I love Yorkie.

:thup:

I think the starting Lovenkrands, bringing Ranger on with an hour gone is probably the best we can do atm.

Lovenkrands had a decent game yesterday. Had a minor involvement in the first goal (his run taking one of the defenders away), an assist for the second and a clever finish for the third. Was also unlucky not to get a penalty from what was a clumsy challenge from his marker. He made a few intelligent runs in the second half as well as he sat on the last defender and looked to expose Wolves' high defensive line.

He started to fade around 60/65 mins though and that's probably when Ranger should come into the game, as he offers something different - an outlet to hold up the ball, bring it down and take defenders on.

Guest toonlass

Lovenkrands is a proven goalscorer, Ranger is not.

Lovenkrands is a proven poor footballer, Ranger has time to improve.

Enough with the hyperbole already!

He started to fade around 60/65 mins though and that's probably when Ranger should come into the game, as he offers something different - an outlet to hold up the ball, bring it down and take defenders on.

He's knackered by an hour every game, he could barely move by the time he was subbed. To be fair to him yesterday had a decent game against a weak defence and gave them something to worry about.

Ranger still looks way too raw, he could turn into a decent player but it's hard to tell as he's so erratic. A season (or even two) out on loan are definitely in order- let's hope we strengthen sufficiently that we can let him go.

Whether you like it or not:  The lad has started only 14 games and scored 5 goals. That's only one goal behind Best. But remember that Best scored three of them in one single game. Loven on the other hand has spread his goals on five different games, making him a more frequent goal scorer than Best..

One of Loven's came against Accrington Stanley. Best has 6 PL goals compared to Loven's 4 - in far fewer appearances. In other words, the above statement is complete rubbish. Why are you such a rubbish poster?