Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

he did play well today and I do appreciate the effort he's put in whilst he's been here. I just hope he's a little bit further down the pecking order next season, after we've signed our two world class strikers.

The big problem with Lovenkrands, is that he doesn't get involved in overall play. And he certainly doesn't defend from the front, putting pressure on the midfield.

You have to be either scoring lots, or creating lots to justify the above - and he does neither.

Good effort. Not good enough.

The big problem with Lovenkrands, is that he doesn't get involved in overall play. And he certainly doesn't defend from the front, putting pressure on the midfield.

You have to be either scoring lots, or creating lots to justify the above - and he does neither.

it would be interesting to see what he'd be like with a midfield that could feed him as he makes good runs finding space between cerntre halves and full backs yetr i'm not sure if he'd be able to capitalise on it.

as for doesn't defend, thats one of my major gripes with leon best and he done it again today, walking away from a man that needed tracking for their 2nd or equaliser.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure I can agree with that, at least not 100%. Thought he put a great shift in and tried his best to defend from the front, but it was pretty pointless when he was closing down their defenders, and Shola was waving at the St. John's Ambulance people for an oxygen tank after 5 minutes.

it would be interesting to see what he'd be like with a midfield that could feed him as he makes good runs finding space between cerntre halves and full backs yetr i'm not sure if he'd be able to capitalise on it.

as for doesn't defend, thats one of my major gripes with leon best and he done it again today, walking away from a man that needed tracking for their 2nd or equaliser.

Yeah that pissed me off. Suddenly stopped following a player running for our goal with no one from our team near him. Just stopped and did a u turn.

Not sure I can agree with that, at least not 100%. Thought he put a great shift in and tried his best to defend from the front, but it was pretty pointless when he was closing down their defenders, and Shola was waving at the St. John's Ambulance people for an oxygen tank after 5 minutes.

:lol:

I agree like.

Also agree with the sentiment about the decent midfield behind him. I've sat and watched him during the second half of this season and he makes a lot of decent runs that go completely unnoticed. A better quality of service to him and he'd have gotten a few more IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of pieces on Lovenkrands in the Sunday Sun

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/06/05/peter-lovenkrands-warns-new-forwards-will-have-to-prove-themselves-79310-28820943/2/

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/05/newcastle-united-star-peter-lovenkrands-loves-playing-on-tyneside-79310-28820942/

Top notch attitude from Lovenkrands as ever.  Never complains, never gets into trouble and never gives up.  With so many people moaning on and on about the problems within football with regard to effort, loyalty and greed, I'm surprised Lovenkrands gets so much stick on here.

Fair enough he's not the best striker around but that's more the clubs's problem than his, I've always thought that players should only be criticised if they don't give it their all rather than because they're not good enough ability-wise.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/06/05/peter-lovenkrands-warns-new-forwards-will-have-to-prove-themselves-79310-28820943/2/

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/05/newcastle-united-star-peter-lovenkrands-loves-playing-on-tyneside-79310-28820942/

Top notch attitude from Lovenkrands as ever.  Never complains, never gets into trouble and never gives up.  With so many people moaning on and on about the problems within football with regard to effort, loyalty and greed, I'm surprised Lovenkrands gets so much stick on here.

Fair enough he's not the best striker around but that's more the clubs's problem than his, I've always thought that players should only be criticised if they don't give it their all rather than because they're not good enough ability-wise.

He's not the best striker. He's the 3rd best.

ACCORDING to the good men and women of Opta, the Premier League statisticians, Peter Lovenkrands is the third most accurate striker in England’s top division.

Trailing only Arsenal’s rough diamond Samir Nasri and Liverpool’s dependable Dirk Kuyt, United’s Great Dane apparently hit the target with 60% of the efforts unleashed from his Exocet left foot last term.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/06/05/peter-lovenkrands-warns-new-forwards-will-have-to-prove-themselves-79310-28820943/

Top man. Didn't pull up any trees this season as you'd expect, but for two and a half years, for nowt (and, you would assume, a fairly modest wage) - he's one of the best value-for-money strikers we've signed in ages. Discounting sub appearances, he's got a 1 in 2 goal rate here.

Slagged off, more to the point, but :thup:

If he's happy to be 5th/6th choice striker then good. If not, goodbye.

I think 4th choice is not that bad either. It's important to keep him until we figure out how many strikers we bring in this summer, and their relative quality. If we bring in 2 bigger names, he should be let go immediately. If we end up with one decent striker and we care about Ranger's development, he could be loaned out, with Loven 4th in the pecking order. Might be pessimistic, but I'm expecting the latter to happen.

• 2 months later...
Guest Craig-NUFC

simonbirdmirror Simon Bird

#nufc been trying to sell Lovenkrands to Rangers. Turned down by his former club. How many more up for sale? from @STVCaroline

Would be happy to see him go assuming we are bringing in another striker.

We are struggling to get one striker in never mind two.

Even if we sold Lovenkrands - we wouldn't need 2 more strikers.