Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Best should be ahead of Shola in the pecking order when everyone is fit.

Aye. Surely not even up for debate.

I think it is.  Shola is either Ace or Shite.  Best is still a largely unknown quantity.

Best: 6 in 10

Shola: 5 in 23

When Shola is on form he's hilariously brilliant, but it's like 2 or 3 times a season.  Best will put away far more chances.

Best is much more reliable than Shola tbh.

Lovenkrands though, man, he's s****. Effort was there as it normally is but he's simply no where near up to scratch.

Aye. Doesn't score or create. Just scratches around like a little dog.

Some of Shola's bad touches today were hilarious. There isn't another player in the PL who can be that clumsy.

Some of them were absolutely sublime though. I saw a lot more bounce of Lovenkrands even though he usually has the ball played to his feet.

Lovenkrands though, man, he's s****. Effort was there as it normally is but he's simply no where near up to scratch.

no he's not and i thought sholas first half gave us a platform as most his possession stuck to him and he really worked vidic.

Best has demonstrated a instinct to get goals at this level; he's 24 and will get better and better. Shola's a one-paced, non-scoring donkey who's almost 30.

he wont, he's a slightly better than average championship striker who's had a decent run.

no he's not and i thought sholas first half gave us a platform as most his possession stuck to him and he really worked vidic.

He is man.

I agree about the second bit. We could barely get out of our half once Shola was subbed/had that knock.

Best has demonstrated a instinct to get goals at this level; he's 24 and will get better and better. Shola's a one-paced, non-scoring donkey who's almost 30.

he wont, he's a slightly better than average championship striker who's had a decent run.

He's had several games in which he's been in the right place at the right time. You can't teach that.

I couldn't care less about his Championship record, we've seen in the last year just how much a striker can improve when their positional judgement appears to 'click'. Writing him off at this point is ridiculous - and typical recent Madras.

The trouble with Ameobi is he's as likely to trip over the ball as he is to put it in the back of the net. I love him when he scores but he's frustratingly inept at times and, it has to be said, always has been.

Lovenkrands can be a decent link up and gets himself in some good positions but he's no Sheringham, he's more like 'jigsaw' in front of goal, way too eratic.

Best is the best striker at the club atm, but I hope that changes in the forthcoming transfer window. He can improve as Ronaldo suggests, but I personally can't see him becoming top drawer.

He's had several games in which he's been in the right place at the right time. You can't teach that.

I couldn't care less about his Championship record, we've seen in the last year just how much a striker can improve when their positional judgement appears to 'click'. Writing him off at this point is ridiculous - and typical recent Madras.

But he's right in that Shola gets criticised too readily as a donkey, when in fact his first touch is pretty good. He's far better with the ball at his feet than most are willing to give credit for.

Best should be ahead of Shola in the pecking order when everyone is fit.

Aye. Surely not even up for debate.

I think it is.  Shola is either Ace or s****.  Best is still a largely unknown quantity.

Best: 6 in 10

Shola: 5 in 23

When Shola is on form he's hilariously brilliant, but it's like 2 or 3 times a season.  Best will put away far more chances.

Is the right answer.

sholas had games where he's been in the right place at the right time.....doesn't mean they can do it consistently enough, i don't think either can.

But he's right in that Shola gets criticised too readily as a donkey, when in fact his first touch is pretty good. He's far better with the ball at his feet than most are willing to give credit for.

He can be. It's the clumsy nature in which he uses his body that i'm referring to though.

Baffles me how people can claim Best is a Championship striker like, atleast wait until he displays a prolonged dip in form before critisising him.

So far in the Premiership he's looked pretty good, he's probably our most mobile striker, he's in the right places, and he's shown some pretty cool finishing. Probably a bit of a confidence striker, but he certainly hasn't shown to be out of his depth in his 10 Premiership games so far.