Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

That is ridiculous :(

Not really, he gets paid Premiership wages and gets a shot at coaching which helps his CV. If he's going to play lower down why not still get paid top dollar. Anyone in here would do the same.

The 34-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Portsmouth in the summer, will sign in a purely playing capacity

Or do you mean at a later date?

Not really, he gets paid Premiership wages and gets a shot at coaching which helps his CV. If he's going to play lower down why not still get paid top dollar. Anyone in here would do the same.

The 34-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Portsmouth in the summer, will sign in a purely playing capacity

Probably get it at a later date but if not he's still getting paid top dollar. People don't honestly think there would be any other reason do they ? And I say it again anyone on here would do the same. I have no problem with players choosing a club cause they will pay more wages.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Great. It's so good to get a superb news every f****** day...

So the next one to miss is Lovenkrands, then we'll have (hopefully) rely on loans for the season.

Guest Stephen927

Good move for him. Knows his England career is over, will be paid well I'd imagine and he's playing at a level whereby he can coast it for a season or two and then probably go onto coaching.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Probably get it at a later date but if not he's still getting paid top dollar. People don't honestly think there would be any other reason do they ? And I say it again anyone on here would do the same. I have no problem with players choosing a club cause they will pay more wages.

Sometimes players choose their new destinations according to their ambition to win something. It's not the case of a 34 yo former Premier League champion, of course. He goes where they pay him the most, it sounds pretty normal to me as well.

Guest Phil K

So the other Magpies got bought by Middle Eastern guys with loads of money, Hired  a world-class Manager and just bought Sol Campbell??

I think god is messing with us..

No it's not God (capital G, man - God will be very p*ssed with that) it's Ashley messing with us :razz:

Although Big G DOES have a lot to explain about our last 6 seasons or so doesn't he ? :tickedoff: :iamatwat:

So the other Magpies got bought by Middle Eastern guys with loads of money, Hired  a world-class Manager and just bought Sol Campbell??

Aye, Ian McParland is top of most chairmans lists to approach for a new job, tbh.

Aye, Ian McParland is top of most chairmans lists to approach for a new job, tbh.

Sven Goran Eriksson is a manager

Notts County hired him, albeit not in the role of manager

His story holds up imo

From .com:

Elsewhere, Sol Campbell will be unveiled on Tuesday afternoon as a Notts County player, after reaching agreement with the free agent defender.

It's understood that Newcastle were unwilling to meet the length of contract or wages that the former England international who turns 35 next month was seeking. Hull City and Aston Villa had also sounded out Campbell out.

From .com:

Elsewhere, Sol Campbell will be unveiled on Tuesday afternoon as a Notts County player, after reaching agreement with the free agent defender.

It's understood that Newcastle were unwilling to meet the length of contract or wages that the former England international who turns 35 next month was seeking. Hull City and Aston Villa had also sounded out Campbell out.

Fair do's. Don't want to be held over a barrel by Sol Campbell. Um.

Guest Roger Kint

From .com:

Fair do's. Don't want to be held over a barrel by Sol Campbell. Um.

6 year contract according to Talkshite :yikes:

Guest Roger Kint

I take it six years is a joke...

Talkshite is a joke, whether they were serious or not its what they said

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's understood that Newcastle were unwilling to meet the length of contract or wages that the former England international who turns 35 next month was seeking.

.com

Guest Roger Kint

It's understood that Newcastle were unwilling to meet the length of contract or wages that the former England international who turns 35 next month was seeking.

.com

#518 :pow: