Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Guest Haris Vuckic

He'll be loaded anyway man.

He had parts of his career where he was earning £120k a week.

I'm sure money isn't even an issue.

Got to think that'll be it for him, will probably retire now. Don't think anybody can sign him until january because he's played for a club in this transfer window, similar to when Keane left Man Utd and couldn't play for Celtic for ages.

if county agree then he's a free agent so can sign up for who and whenever.

Are you sure? It may have changed over the last few years but, using the Keane scenario as an example, he got released by Man Utd but because he'd played for them in that transfer window, he was ineligible to play for another club, i.e. Celtic, until January 1st.

Might just be me being thick.

not 100% sure

If not on a permanent deal how about a season long loan?

Got to think that'll be it for him, will probably retire now. Don't think anybody can sign him until january because he's played for a club in this transfer window, similar to when Keane left Man Utd and couldn't play for Celtic for ages.

if county agree then he's a free agent so can sign up for who and whenever.

Are you sure? It may have changed over the last few years but, using the Keane scenario as an example, he got released by Man Utd but because he'd played for them in that transfer window, he was ineligible to play for another club, i.e. Celtic, until January 1st.

Might just be me being thick.

Keane was injured, broke his leg against Liverpool IIRC.

It would be if he played for pompy & Notts C he wouldn't be able to play for another club till next summer.

As it stands he's only played for one club.

Personally, not sure i'd want him here after this, looks to me like he's lost the plot.

So.. has anyone got a clue why he wants out?!

He's just realised how shit League two football is?

I can't see it being that straightforward.

Perhaps a realisation that the club he's joined are by no means guaranteed of any promotion, or maybe his teammates are cockheads to him cos of his bumper pay or something. Has to be a proper reason to quit SO fast.