A brief guide to the Championship - see OP

Dave

It's going to be a bit of an adventure, could be some of the best times supporting the club

Was thinking the same thing.  Although I won't get to see any matches here, I still think it will be exciting (granted that we're winning).

It might be worth starting a separate 'Foreign Based Supporters' Guide to Actually Watching Some Football in 09/10' thread when it gets a bit closer to next season.

Setanta-i shows a few matches, the odd match on FSC (for the Yanks), and there's always the .cock radio.  Anyone know of anything else?

It might be worth starting a separate 'Foreign Based Supporters' Guide to Actually Watching Some Football in 09/10' thread when it gets a bit closer to next season.

Setanta-i shows a few matches, the odd match on FSC (for the Yanks), and there's always the .cock radio.  Anyone know of anything else?

I know some dodgy radio links.

There are two or three already if you look. :razz:

Support your club in hard financial times by opting for NUFC World before any illegal stream ;)

The official site is probably going to be the easiest and best way to get coverage by far, even though it's only audio.

Guest WashyGeordie

The absolute worst thing about going down is going to have to return to the most horrible way to experience a football match - the b****** radio.

Or by going to the games..?  :pow:

Guest Taffywolf

Firstly,  Bad news you going down, believe me the championship is a tough league to get out of especially when you are seen as one of the big boys.  Most sides will come and put 10 players behind the ball and try to frustrate the hell out of you.

You'll have an advantage over most team obviously in getting new players as your still a big pull to many,  but the main thing that's needed in that league is a team that's willing to roll their sleeves up and battle for everything..

I think your main rivals will be Cardiff, Preston, west brom know this div well,  sheff utd and Reading.

it'll be a long season and one you probably won't enjoy but it may be what you need as a club to get back on track.

is it possible to see the games Live anywhere?

like a Sky online Subscribtion or something?

Not that I'm aware of.

Would be pleased if there where any legal streams. However illegal ones aren't exactly hard to come by. In Norway however we have online subscriptions for all Top division, and 1division games. Works like a charm.

Not that I'm aware of.

Would be pleased if there where any legal streams. However illegal ones aren't exactly hard to come by. In Norway however we have online subscriptions for all Top division, and 1division games. Works like a charm.

Dodgy links for Championship games are rare, only coming by when the game is actually on TV. Which is a bit shit really, defeats the point if you already subscribe to Sky.

Not that I'm aware of.

Will be next season I imagine.  You can only get an :dowie:  if someone is legally broadcasting it in the first place.  Those Arabic & Chinese stations probably don't take too much interest in the fizzy pop.  But

Atleast its done with huge success in norway, and those subscribtions are online streaming only.

They do something similar for lower league US matches.  Pay an annual subscription, see your team's games in hi-res broadband.  I can see the argument that it would discourage actually attending the match, but there would be ways around that. 

Can someone explain what the point is in the BBC showing ten games. Ten f***ing games, hardly worth it to be honest. I presume they'll be showing their equivalent of the championship which ITV used to show on a Sunday morning.

You're lucky you don't have to experience a maximum of 11 seconds of highlight coverage on ITV every Sunday morning. BBC will be 10000000x better.