A brief guide to the Championship - see OP

Dave

The absolute worst thing about going down is going to have to return to the most horrible way to experience a football match - the b****** radio.

Or by going to the games..?  :pow:

I've not missed a home game for six years mate, unfortunately I can't afford every away trip. Would if I could.

Setanta showed around one championship match a week, plus a review show in N.America. I dont know if that changes with BBC and Sky having everything next year. I'd imagine Setanta still retained the international rights here.

They actually had additional match coverage if you subscribed online. Might be worth checking into. I think they showed around double the amount of championship games in that package alot of them were on demand too.

It was cheaper than the TV subscription, but I never went for it in the end.

As for Newcastle World... I hope they really push this next year, not least for the overseas fanbase. Obviously we wont be able to show games live, but extended highlights would be good and maybe full reserve games/youth games. Fat chance imo.

how many Championship teams are in/around london?

Palace, Reading, QPR, Watford. Coventry, Leicester and Peterborough at a massive push.

Palace, Reading, QPR, Watford. Coventry, Leicester and Peterborough at a massive push.

:dowie:

That's a very big push.

That's a very big push.

An hour's drive for Coventry, 90 minutes for Leicester. About the same as getting to Reading from Watford via the M25.

That's a very big push.

Peterborough's as far as Coventry too. :lol:

That's a very big push.

An hour's drive for Coventry, 90 minutes for Leicester. About the same as getting to Reading from Watford via the M25.

An hours drive from central London? No chance? 110 miles in an hour?

That's a very big push.

That's like saying York is in and around Newcastle.  :kinnear:

That's a very big push.

I'm talking about Watford, centre of the universe. (point of intersection for M25 and M1, so fairly useful)

That's a very big push.

I'm talking about Watford, centre of the universe. (point of intersection for M25 and M1, so fairly useful)

Watford isn't in London as I'm sure you are aware, more like the kind of distance he was expecting to be 'around' London I would expect!

That's a very big push.

Watford isn't in London as I'm sure you are aware, more like the kind of distance he was expecting to be 'around' London I would expect!

Fair enough. 59 minutes on the train from Euston, mind.

That's a very big push.

Fair enough. 59 minutes on the train from Euston, mind.

Yeah, like York to Newcastle. :laugh:

Guest michaelfoster

Dave any chance this thread could be stickied for reference, maybe replacing the tavel arrangements to hull thread

Setanta showed around one championship match a week, plus a review show in N.America. I dont know if that changes with BBC and Sky having everything next year. I'd imagine Setanta still retained the international rights here.

They actually had additional match coverage if you subscribed online. Might be worth checking into. I think they showed around double the amount of championship games in that package alot of them were on demand too.

It was cheaper than the TV subscription, but I never went for it in the end.

As for Newcastle World... I hope they really push this next year, not least for the overseas fanbase. Obviously we wont be able to show games live, but extended highlights would be good and maybe full reserve games/youth games. Fat chance imo.

I forgot, they actually show some games on ESPN 360 too, which is free if you're on a college campus.

Guest Micktoon

I have to say, in a sick sort of way, I'm looking forward to next season. It's going to make a change thinking that we can win  most of the games we go into rather than thinking how mullered we are going to get.

Dave any chance this thread could be stickied for reference, maybe replacing the tavel arrangements to hull thread

Yep, will be done in a few weeks though. Nobody reads stickies.

Guest BooBoo

Is that right Dave about us being in the League Cup first round? I always thought the Premier League and top teams in the Championship skipped round 1? The only time i remember us ever playing in round 1 was Mansfield in 1992.

It may well have changed mind, since then.