Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Is Arturo Lupoli owned by Fiorentina?

If so we could request him if they are really interested in Martins.

Lupoli seemed to score regularly in the championship for both Norwich and Sheffield United (?).

Didn`t play regularly though. Possibly a bit lightweight for the league although definitely knows where the net is. Not too dissimilar a player to Gio Rossi.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wonder if Chelsea would loan us Scott Sinclair, they seemed to have loaned him to everyone else

Guest toonlass

Iain Dowie signed Daniel Fox for Coventry, so we know he rates him. Hopefully thatll work in our favour cos I think he's fantastic.

And we should go out of our way to sign James McCarthy....even for the £4million Swansea were quoted.

Wasn't Kris Boyd at SJP in January?? If he wanted to sign for Birmingham, then surely he'd want to join us. Basically, Scotland is a goldmine because apart from the Old Firm, people see the Championship as a step up (or at least a sideways step).

Its gonna be an exciting summer  O0

Hands off Krissy Boyd please. Not that I wouldn't want to see him at the toon, but I want him to stay at Rangers.

There are some top CCC players in Scotland. Don Cowie who we signed on a free in January has been immense for us, there's bound to be better up there as well on the cheap (relatively).

Guest toonlass

So you're a Rangers supporter before a Newcastle supporter?

Aye must be, lol. I only finally celebrated the SPL win on Thursday cos I was so down about the Newcastle relegation. Couldn't even bring myself to watch what had happened in the SPL until then (despite knowing that Rangers had won it). Saying that I went to Ibrox before I went to St James Park (apparantly I was 6 months old when I was taken to Ibrox for the first time) so in that context I was a Rangers supporter before a Newcastle one.

Since Newcastle went down, people have started to get very arsey about others having a fondness for more than 1 team. :shifty:

Would you prefer to see Messi at Newcastle or Barcelona?

Kris Boyd's idol is none other than Shearer too ...

If we go for him I think he would be very interested and what motivation to play for your hero who is also a striker.

Done deal tbh.

:razz:

There are some top CCC players in Scotland. Don Cowie who we signed on a free in January has been immense for us, there's bound to be better up there as well on the cheap (relatively).

I see Rocco Quinn got released by Hamilton, he's a FM08 legend.

Since Newcastle went down, people have started to get very arsey about others having a fondness for more than 1 team. :shifty:

:lol:

Do people get banned if they answer this the wrong way?

Guest toonlass

:weep:

Its not like I have ever hidden my love for Rangers either

Barcelona.  Couldn't have the lad playing against Chris Morgan next season, his career would be over.

Eh?

I don't see anything wrong in people having a fondness for another team, but when it comes to saying you'd rather a player you rate stayed with your 'second' team than moving to the one supposed to be your 'first' I think something's not right.

Guest toonlass

Eh?

I don't see anything wrong in people having a fondness for another team, but when it comes to saying you'd rather a player you rate stayed with your 'second' team than moving to the one supposed to be your 'first' I think something's not right.

What if its not your second team though. Seeing that Rangers and Newcastle hardly ever play each other, why do I need to choose a first team? I have a season ticket at the toon and go to away games, and have been and will continue to go to as many Rangers games as I can each season. When they do play each other I don't watch.

Eh?

What if its not your second team though. Seeing that Rangers and Newcastle hardly ever play each other, why do I need to choose a first team? I have a season ticket at the toon and go to away games, and have been and will continue to go to as many Rangers games as I can each season. When they do play each other I don't watch.

If you rate Boyd highly then you clearly prefer Rangers to do well than Newcastle. That suggests to me Rangers are your 'first' team.

Fair enough, I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at you about it.

Guest toonlass

Eh?

If you rate Boyd highly then you clearly prefer Rangers to do well than Newcastle. That suggests to me Rangers are your 'first' team.

Fair enough, I don't mean to sound like I'm having a go at you about it.

I said in last summer's transfer window and the summer one before that that we should have gone for Boyd. If he were to leave Rangers though, there is only one club I would want to see him at. Its not that Rangers are my "first" team, if it went on where I live and who I go to see then Newcastle would be my first team. Saying that though, I feel the same when Newcastle lose as I do when Rangers lose and vice versa.

Eh?

I was just joking.

Bans are so exciting though, so I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Messi and Blufescu scrapped.

In fact why not? Make my day Dave. I'm bored.

:smug:

Guest toonlass

Eh?

I was just joking.

Bans are so exciting though, so I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Messi and Blufescu scrapped.

In fact why not? Make my day Dave. I'm bored.

:smug:

Asking for bans is a bannable offence you know,  O0