Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Was just about to mention Nacho Novo as a possibility, due to nothing other than the fact he's the sptting double of Michael Owen, then 30 seconds after coming on has scored a 30-yard volley. :lol:

We have a good track record with players called Nacho.

Was just about to mention Nacho Novo as a possibility, due to nothing other than the fact he's the sptting double of Michael Owen, then 30 seconds after coming on has scored a 30-yard volley. :lol:

All one of them...

All one of them...

ZOMG!  That's a 100% strike rate.

We need at least one quick central midfielder, if not two. Any one of those (provided they're decent enough) partnering Nolan will be more than adequate for the Championship.

----------------------------- Harper----------------------------

Beye---------------Taylor---------Bassong------------Enrique

De Ridder-----------Butt------Taarabt-------------Commons

-------------------Ranger/Lualua------Carroll-------------------

(If not Viduka on a pay as you play)

Jack Wilshire & Darron Gibson on loan.

Didn't Erik Huseklepp say that he would like to join us, whichever league we are in

That was Per Ciljan Skjelbred. And we'd much rather have him than Huseklepp ;)

Thought is they would both come, even to the championship.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2009/04/29/united-klepping-tabs-on-wing-ace-72703-23500460/

Should sign them both up really if they are really both interested in coming.

I hope we try and prise Kevin Doyle away from Reading and Beckford would be a good addition if the price is right. We will need to get an experienced Striker in though, like James Beattie (who will not be available to us).

Doyle, Ranger, Carroll, Beckford, Huseklepp and experienced striker would be a decent front line to choose from.

Then there is the possibility we might still be lumbered with Ameobi and have lovenkrands around.

Good defence, but that midfield would leave them horrendously exposed. I know you're lacking creativity in the centre but that's a wild lurch in the other direction.

The defence is good, the rest of the team is pathetic and I hope this post is a wind-up

Guest trotter58

Danny Shittu

I was thinking this the other day.

Was really good for Watford when he played week in and week out for them but hasn't really got a chance at Bolton and has kind of fluffed it on the rare occassions he was put in, but I reckon it's more down to a lack of confidence.

Could be the big dirty championship defender we need alongside Bassong.

I think you'll find it's down to a lack of ability.

Danny Shittu

I was thinking this the other day.

Was really good for Watford when he played week in and week out for them but hasn't really got a chance at Bolton and has kind of fluffed it on the rare occassions he was put in, but I reckon it's more down to a lack of confidence.

Could be the big dirty championship defender we need alongside Bassong.

I think you'll find it's down to a lack of ability.

From what I've seen of him in the top flight, I'd be more than inclined to agree.

Don't think I've seen this posted but it suggests Shearer is well on the way with regards to transfer targets.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/02/alan-shearer-fears-nufc-may-miss-tranfer-targets-61634-23764913/

ALAN Shearer is worried the delay in finalising a deal to confirm his appointment as permanent manager will cost Newcastle United badly in the transfer market.

The Journal understands that Shearer – who released a statement last night confirming he attached certain conditions to his employment, while simultaneously denying he has made any demands – already has a clear idea of the players he wants to bring in over the summer and is keen to be able to launch the first bids to sign them this week.

It is a frustrating time for Shearer who has, with the help of assistant Iain Dowie, identified a number of players in both the Premier League and Championship he wants to bring to Tyneside.

Indeed, United sources have told The Journal key targets have already been sounded out about their willingness to move to Newcastle and deals could be completed within days if Shearer’s appointment is ratified by the money men this week.

That would be a remarkable achievement for a rookie manager, but Shearer’s standing in the game means he has added pulling power, even though Newcastle are competing for players who have also been identified by top-flight clubs.

Yes, I've chopped bits out about Shearer's statement etc.

Also:

Meanwhile, one of the players being heavily linked with a move to Newcastle is former Magpie reserve team skipper – and team-mate of Shearer’s – Bradley Orr.

The fiery 26-year-old – he spent 14 days in prison following an assault outside a Bristol nightclub in 2006 – has been at Ashton Gate for five seasons following his release by Newcastle in 2004.

Originally a central midfielder, Orr has been successfully converted into a right-back in the south west with Bristol City.

Would that mean moving Beye into the centre?

Scholes  :lol: :lol:

How many players have gone straight from the champions league final to the championship?  :lol:

Jonathan Greening? (could be wrong there)

Leroy Lita is available on a free. Two year deal, we're laughing.

Scholes  :lol: :lol:

How many players have gone straight from the champions league final to the championship?  :lol:

Jonathan Greening? (could be wrong there)

Leroy Lita is available on a free. Two year deal, we're laughing.

Greening didn't play in the final and didn't drop down to the championship for another 7 years after that